ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:00 pm

@verbina bwaaaaahaaa ..plz dont kill me wit lafta lol :lol: after this ordeal, i think you should pursue a career in comedy ...

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:02 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@verbina bwaaaaahaaa ..plz dont kill me wit lafta lol :lol: after this ordeal, i think you should pursue a career in comedy ...
heeeeheeee okaaay!!! Ill think about it missy! :wink:
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:04 pm

@mummytwo, teebabt, only me, sanny 26 hope you guys are ok?

iHope

Post by iHope » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:21 pm

verbina wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:@verbina...that is an indicator that somethin good will come out this .........congratulations in advance my dear friend.....chickens are finally bringing out teeth or perhaps they are being fitted with dentures......

Ah who knows lol!! All these ups and downs every day, elevated heart rate ..
Nevermind chicken with dentures, I swear I ll end up with a pacemaker myself, or in a straight jacket.... :lol:
:x I almost chocked myself with laughter

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:22 pm

Lol @Verbina, your humour is way off this planet I must tell you.

A huge welcome and big cyber hugs to the new guys out here. It's not just a thread, it's a family thread and we pray with fair that all our dreams will come to pass by God's grace.

Just a quick question, I am with one heart about to involve my MP after almost 9months in waiting. Been looking for a sample letter to guide me in writing but all to no avail, my question being if I do put my plea into writing, do I include the background of my case or just go straight to the point in asking for case update. Cos since June all I keep getting is pending and this honestly is frustrating and sleeping on the floor for 2 years is not anyone's dream!

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:44 pm

dapsonlee wrote:Lol @Verbina, your humour is way off this planet I must tell you.

A huge welcome and big cyber hugs to the new guys out here. It's not just a thread, it's a family thread and we pray with fair that all our dreams will come to pass by God's grace.

Just a quick question, I am with one heart about to involve my MP after almost 9months in waiting. Been looking for a sample letter to guide me in writing but all to no avail, my question being if I do put my plea into writing, do I include the background of my case or just go straight to the point in asking for case update. Cos since June all I keep getting is pending and this honestly is frustrating and sleeping on the floor for 2 years is not anyone's dream!
Exactly! And our thread is not even STICKY, dear moderators :D

Regarding MP letter:

Just write them an email with as much background info as you can (they will then ask you to send copies of all the correspondence with HO anyway).
Id say make an emphasis on the waiting time and the fact that you tried to contact HO yourself (or through your solicitor) on numerous occasions, but you ve not had any response from HO, or not been given any coherent information on when your application may be completed.

If you feel you ve missed out on studying/employment/visiting a sick relative, due to having to wait this long for your case to be dealt with, base your letter around all that...

And pretty much just plead with them to make enquiries on your behalf and advise you on the progress of your application and possible time frames for its completion.

Even if your MP fobs you off with bla bla bla whatever they are receiving large volume of cases etc come again next year, then at least you can give it a month or so, then go to Ombudsman.
I hope this makes sense hun!

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:47 pm

@dapsoonlee hope this help
Mr dapsomn lee, ,
100, waiting Lane,
London .
h19 2xz..
23 august, 2013...

mr king george{mp}
100, Planet Earth
London
Dear sir/ma,

HOMEOFFICE REF: 2222222222222222/001 ( D.O.B 23/08/2013).
-------------------------------------------------------------------
NATIONALTY;;XXYYZZZZ
---------------------------
IAM WRITING TO HUMBLY REQUEST THAT YOU KINDLY CONTACT THE OFFICE ON MY BEHALF TO ASK FOR UPDATE ON MY APPLICATION.... I MADE AN APPLICATION ON THE 12TH OF JAN XYZ, I HAD MY BIOMETRIC DONE ON XYZ AND SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN WAITING .
I HAVE ON SEVERAL OCCASSIONS CONTACTED THE HO FOR UPDATE TO NO AVAIL.... THEY HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO GIVE ME A TIME FRAME AS TO WHEN MY APPLICATION WILL BE LOOKED INTO..
THIS WHOLE LENGTHY WAIT BRINGS ABOUT FEELING OF UNCERTAINTY AS MY LIFE HAS BEEN PUT ON HOLD...MY HEALTH IS ADVERSELY AFFECTED BLA BLA BLA
LASTLY, I WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF YOU LOOK IN TO MY CASE BLA BLA BLA
Last edited by yummymummy3j on Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:52 pm

@DAPSON LEE YR ADDRESS WILL BE AT D TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER , ADD OTHER THINGS LIKE D FACTTHAT YOU ARE UNABLE TO WORK, FEEDIN OFF FAMIY AND FRIENDS, SLEEPIN ON AD FLOOR BLAAA BLA BLA

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:04 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@DAPSON LEE YR ADDRESS WILL BE AT D TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER , ADD OTHER THINGS LIKE D FACTTHAT YOU ARE UNABLE TO WORK, FEEDIN OFF FAMIY AND FRIENDS, SLEEPIN ON AD FLOOR BLAAA BLA BLA
Yummymummy3j and Verbina sigh you guys are the most amazing beings I have ever encountered. @Verbina you are absolutely on point. I have been trying to get through to my solicitor for the past 2 weeks, courtesy calls for a call back after several messages replies to my emails but I guess I have to take matters into my very hands. And congratulations on the update of your MP's reply of hope. They say God plants a seed and its up to us to nurture it. I guess a path of hope has been opened. This thread is so addictive unbelievable!!!

Yummymummy3j that was somewhat of what I have been searching for all day today. You just brought an extra relief smile. Straight to the point. God bless you both "huge cyber hugs". The frustration is kicking in and can't keep it back anymore.

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:12 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@verbina bwaaaaahaaa ..plz dont kill me wit lafta lol :lol: after this ordeal, i think you should pursue a career in comedy ...
Lol..I agree with you yummymummy. ,

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:16 pm

SO GUYZ I BOUGHT THE EUROMILLION LOTTERY TICKET FOR TOMORROW JACKPOT... KEEP YR FINGERS AND TOES CROSSED FOR ME....IF I WIN THE MILLIONS WILL SHARE WITH YOU GUYZ LOL :D

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:16 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:@DAPSON LEE YR ADDRESS WILL BE AT D TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER , ADD OTHER THINGS LIKE D FACTTHAT YOU ARE UNABLE TO WORK, FEEDIN OFF FAMIY AND FRIENDS, SLEEPIN ON AD FLOOR BLAAA BLA BLA
Yummymummy3j and Verbina sigh you guys are the most amazing beings I have ever encountered. @Verbina you are absolutely on point. I have been trying to get through to my solicitor for the past 2 weeks, courtesy calls for a call back after several messages replies to my emails but I guess I have to take matters into my very hands. And congratulations on the update of your MP's reply of hope. They say God plants a seed and its up to us to nurture it. I guess a path of hope has been opened. This thread is so addictive unbelievable!!!

Yummymummy3j that was somewhat of what I have been searching for all day today. You just brought an extra relief smile. Straight to the point. God bless you both "huge cyber hugs". The frustration is kicking in and can't keep it back anymore.
@yummymummy nailed it perfectly!! Straight to the point!! Definitely sometimes we just have to take these matters into our own hands!!
@dapsonlee Good luck with your letter, fingers crossed it wont be too long until you get a response!!!!

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:23 pm

dapsonlee wrote:

Yes my frustration levels are too high too...they keep pushing their Goal post every now and then . I want to involve my MP now, wasted my valuable time since an year , financially draining out , frustration & stress levels building up..
Sometimes I push myself s back just thinking that any silly mistake of mine would effect the decision on my application, ( my case bit weak) but now I am not worried..whatever is destined to happen will happen... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by SDP on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:24 pm

@verbina hv u noticed dat we have been made senior members ??? yipeeee :lol: i must add it on my cv ....it might land me my dream job...

yummymummy3j
Member of Standing

Post by yummymummy3j » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:31 pm

@SDP go on and take the bold step iof involvin yr mp...i know as a fresh applicant you might think contacting mp will make the ho think you are complaining and dat might put yr chances at risk...i totally disagree all you hv to do is write a heartfelt letter to yr mp then gradually escalate things to ombudsman level.....it will not do any damage, it will only speed things up ....the lord is on yr side
Last edited by yummymummy3j on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:31 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@verbina hv u noticed dat we have been made senior members ??? yipeeee :lol: i must add it on my cv ....it might land me my dream job...
Heeheee yeppp!!!! The only way now is sage!!!! :lol:

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:41 pm

verbina wrote:
yummymummy3j wrote:@verbina hv u noticed dat we have been made senior members ??? yipeeee :lol: i must add it on my cv ....it might land me my dream job...

Verbina and yummymummy sigh!!! All I can say to those reading this thread foreign and local, welcome home, the only place you find brains and also comedy to ease the pain, the chicken, and believe2013's Jeremy Kyle clip EPIC.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:43 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@SDP go on and take the bold step iof involvin yr mp...i know as a fresh applicant you might think contacting mp will make the ho think you are complaining and dat might put yr chances at risk...i totally disagree all you hv to do is write a heartfelt letter to yr mp then gradually escalate things to ombudsman level.....it will not do any damage, it will only speed things up ....the lord is on yr side
I second that!! Honest to God , my immigration history is so appalling, but writing a heartfelt letter as @yummymummy says, has nothing to do with complaining whatsoever!! Its merely a plea for assistance with tracking the progress thats all! No harm at all!
And as you can see from my MP's response letter, he actually took it upon himself that my future dealings with HO will be overseen by him and dealt with in a timely manner by a senior case worker. Not in a million years have I asked him at any point to expedite my application or anything ...
Go for it guys!!

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:48 pm

yummymummy3j wrote:@SDP go on and take the bold step iof involvin yr mp...i know as a fresh applicant you might think contacting mp will make the ho think you are complaining and dat might put yr chances at risk...i totally disagree all you hv to do is write a heartfelt letter to yr mp then gradually escalate things to ombudsman level.....it will not do any damage, it will only speed things up ....the lord is on yr side
Thank you very much !

SDP

Post by SDP » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:50 pm

verbina wrote:
I second that!! Honest to God , my immigration history is so appalling, but writing a heartfelt letter as @yummymummy says, has nothing to do with complaining whatsoever!! Its merely a plea for assistance with tracking the progress thats all! No harm at all!
And as you can see from my MP's response letter, he actually took it upon himself that my future dealings with HO will be overseen by him and dealt with in a timely manner by a senior case worker. Not in a million years have I asked him at any point to expedite my application or anything ..
Go for it guys!!
Thank you very much ! Got great courage from you and yummymummy ..muaaaaaah

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:36 pm

verbina wrote:
@ verbina .i never stopped reading your post and comments girl !.i admire your sense of humour .remember I told you that you will be granted and I still stick to my word!.at these stage of your case,u don't need to involve your lawyer about everything,your future lies on you and not the lawyer. Just write a letter to the caseworker tomorrow ,send it and hand over a copy to your Mp for reference. You will hear a good news shortly if u follow my advice.take care

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:10 pm

Party time girls.....

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:11 pm

yahwadud wrote:
verbina wrote:
@ verbina .i never stopped reading your post and comments girl !.i admire your sense of humour .remember I told you that you will be granted and I still stick to my word!.at these stage of your case,u don't need to involve your lawyer about everything,your future lies on you and not the lawyer. Just write a letter to the caseworker tomorrow ,send it and hand over a copy to your Mp for reference. You will hear a good news shortly if u follow my advice.take care
Where you been hiding @yahwadud

junaidmirza

Post by junaidmirza » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:15 pm

Quick question to every one

Can you rely on the information or response given to you by UKBA over the phone??? Answer must be Yes or No (with no explanation please)

Call me dude
Nigeria

Post by Call me dude » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:20 pm

junaidmirza wrote:Quick question to every one

Can you rely on the information or response given to you by UKBA over the phone??? Answer must be Yes or No (with no explanation please)

Noooo
It is well