ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:32 pm

Sinolate wrote:I just had the most useless & demoralising phone call with INIS :(

She says Garda reports are not back yet for my application, no progress in my application, we're not currently working on it, call again in 2 months.
This is particularly strange as just last month I was told by another woman in there that the Garda reports are coming back for my batch (early 2009).

I've applied in March 2009...

Anybody in a similar position? Any updates from any phone calls today?

This is depressing. I just want to get this over with and cross the finish line.
I need to travel - I haven't seen my family in 8 years.

Congratulations to everybody and the best of luck to everybody else!

Class of March 2009.
I wouldn't worry so much about it Sinolate. Many of the Marys in Tipperary are stressed and can be so flippant at times. Give it a few weeks if you haven't heard anything back, you can call them back. I know it's hard not to call when you are at this stage (I know how apprehensive I was in my case too) but calling them amounts to very little especially when they try to fob you off as such. The good news is the train is moving and you will definitely get your good news soonest.

My regards

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

adura

Post by adura » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:35 pm

Congrats Marisa and Aceform ,extending congratulatory message to all those recently approved too.

Nanette hope you had a good trip?
God makes all things beautiful

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:41 pm

Hey Adura,

trip is Thursday.....Ahahahahaha

Nanette
adura wrote:Congrats Marisa and Aceform ,extending congratulatory message to all those recently approved too.

Nanette hope you had a good trip?

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:59 pm

adura wrote:Congrats Marisa and Aceform ,extending congratulatory message to all those recently approved too.
Cheers mate. Hope you are doing well.

RoyalDutch
Newly Registered

Post by RoyalDutch » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:33 pm

Got it !!- from my neighbour down the lane-way....THE ENVELOPE BUT THE YELLOW FORM IS MISSING !!

Wrong number too (STREET ADRESS).....DOES DOES 18A LOOK LIKE 10.....??SHAME, POOR "PADDY POSTMAN".....SHOULD 've gone to specsavers !
I'll be notified within 6 weeks of the ceremony (place & date)-
however they (1NIS) are looking for the 950 euro upfront....!! Normal practise......??
Jul '09-applied - basis was 5 year work permits since 2003....confirmation and ref nr. received at end of August '09
Absolutely zero documetation requested after submission.
2 speeding- tickets of which one was paid late-----had to go to court....didn't go......nothing happened !! :D
Got da GOOD NEWS now.....champagne for 100 euro......a pop !!

Ettiene.

RoyalDutch
Newly Registered

Post by RoyalDutch » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:02 pm

:o

sunilappat
Newly Registered

Thanks..

Post by sunilappat » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:22 pm

Hi All Thank you for providing valueble information here.. Nanette, Aceform etc keep pouring valueble informations .. it is nice to read through these recent developments.
Great to know FIS ( Family Income Supplement) will not affect Naturalization application.

mikado
Newly Registered

Post by mikado » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:11 pm

it's important to have faith- all will come true

monte

Post by monte » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:27 pm

RoyalDutch wrote::o
congrats RoyalDuch.

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:30 pm

9jeirean wrote:
Wow! The news just got better. Now you know what they say about the patient dog :wink: So so happy for you. Big congratulations dear Merisa, you are not only going to the oath swearing ceremony... guess what, you also made the headlines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

May your new status bring you all that you desire and more.

PS: This no time to think or worry about your employment situation. not to trivialize it but to make sure you relish and enjoy the moment you've worked for and waited for, for so long. So sis, go ahead and enjoy your day....

9jeirean
Thank you so much for all your kind comments, 9jeirean!
Years of wait have dulled the feelings, but nothing is more inspirational than listening to beautiful melodic anthem of Ireland .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg9QekmZ-iM ;)

The waiting would definitely be much more difficult without your support and advice...

Sinolate
Newly Registered

Post by Sinolate » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:36 pm

9jeirean wrote: I wouldn't worry so much about it Sinolate. Many of the Marys in Tipperary are stressed and can be so flippant at times. Give it a few weeks if you haven't heard anything back, you can call them back. I know it's hard not to call when you are at this stage (I know how apprehensive I was in my case too) but calling them amounts to very little especially when they try to fob you off as such. The good news is the train is moving and you will definitely get your good news soonest.

My regards

9jeirean

Thanks for the advice. I suppose you're right - I'll just have to wait it out and let things take its natural course.

Who knows; I may have it before Christmas so I'd go away to be with loved ones for the holidays :mrgreen:

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:53 pm

taquilasunrise wrote:Congrats Marisa and max11 !! Fantastic news ... :D
Thank you, taquilasunrise! Good luck and I wish you to get your approval soon.
monte wrote:congrats Marisa,
and hopefully you get a new job soon.
thank you, but sure, it's unfair that you're waiting for more than 3 years :(
savvy wrote:Congratulations Marisa & max11
Hope the magic continues rest of this week bringing yellow form to rest of us who are still waiting...
Many thanks, hopefully you'll get your soon!
Sohanjanvi wrote:Congratulations Marisa & max11

Hope the magic continues rest of this week bringing yellow form to rest of us who are still waiting...
I feel so lucky knowing so many people are still waiting and much longer than I have waited. It's frustrating so here's crossing all my fingers for all 07/08 applicants.

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:07 pm

PIKKA wrote:I received the same answer from INIS they are waiting for my Garda report since I was born but still not get it. I was told that I would get my decision in couple of months. I applied in July 2008 but they put me in August Queue. She said they are clearing 2007 and 2008 applications at the moment...............???????????????????
Can anyone put a light on the Garda reporting for naturalisation purposes?
As far as I know "For vetting enquiries, the Garda Vetting Unit relies upon the Garda PULSE computer system" and "PULSE is designed to meet the needs of. An Garda Síochána by providing rapid and wide-ranging access to vital information"
Then why does it take ages to obtain?
myimmigrationboards wrote:i was told for the past year and half that they are wating for a report from outside agency (ie garda report) now i am told my file is not even on advanced stage or final stage, we will request further documents in the next few weeks or next few months.
This is just outrageous.

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:20 pm

Congratz Marisa.....It was coming for you, told you so.
I am happy for you....-
Nanette
Nanette, you are amazing. All I needed to do is holler and you come supporting. I don't know what I'd do without you. So THANK YOU.

gordonre
Newly Registered

Post by gordonre » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:55 pm

Marisa wrote: Can anyone put a light on the Garda reporting for naturalisation purposes?
As far as I know "For vetting enquiries, the Garda Vetting Unit relies upon the Garda PULSE computer system" and "PULSE is designed to meet the needs of. An Garda Síochána by providing rapid and wide-ranging access to vital information"
Around about the time I was originally considering applying for naturalisation, back in 2006/2007, those that I knew whom were going through or already gone through the process were also required to submit additional documentation. Depending on you country of origin you may have been requested to provide a Police clearance certificate. I applied for mine which took 6-months and a small fee. I was never asked to submit this to INIS but others did.

I can only assume that part of the Garda vetting process has to do with the fact that this is also done on your behalf in the background. Whether this is the case or not, I don't know - so this is only speculation. The processing time will differ for each country and also possibly on a case by case basis.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:28 am

RoyalDutch wrote:Got it !!- from my neighbour down the lane-way....THE ENVELOPE BUT THE YELLOW FORM IS MISSING !!

Wrong number too (STREET ADRESS).....DOES DOES 18A LOOK LIKE 10.....??SHAME, POOR "PADDY POSTMAN".....SHOULD 've gone to specsavers !
however they (1NIS) are looking for the 950 euro upfront....!! Normal practise......??
Jul '09-applied - basis was 5 year work permits since 2003....confirmation and ref nr. received at end of August '09
2 speeding- tickets of which one was paid late-----had to go to court....didn't go......nothing happened !! :D

Ettiene.
Congrats mate.

Tuner

Post by Tuner » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:33 am

RoyalDutch wrote:Got it !!- from my neighbour down the lane-way....THE ENVELOPE BUT THE YELLOW FORM IS MISSING !!

Ettiene.
MUST HAVE BEEN LTR HOLDER ??? PLS REPLY RoyalDutch .

still waiting

Post by still waiting » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:02 am

still waiting's wait is over now, finally there is good news for me and a big thankyou to everyone on this forum who is contributing and sharing their experiences on this forum.
a special thanx to 9jerian, nanette, aceform, marisa, strongbow and
my dearest IRISH PHAROE. it came true as u said i will get lettter b4e nxt week.

my details are --

1. applied jan 2009.
2. got acknoledgement end of jan 2009.
3. additional doc requested may 2011 were sent same week.
4. file went to minister end of may 2011.
5. got letter to pay fees on 06/07/2011.

also i was fined for double yellow line but was paid straight away, four-five years ago had some problem coz of friend visa with Garda intellegence so name was taken on Garda pulse wasnt my fault directly. had medical card for one year aswell.

anyway at the end of day got it also train seems to be moving and there is light at end of tunnel for sure.

my best wishes to everyone on this forum and god make happy to everyone on this forum soon.

i have LTR since last one year so it doesnt seems to be working for us guys who already applied since last two, three years or more. dont know may b it is helpful for people who have applied since 2010, anyway LTR is plus point.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:44 am

Marisa wrote:
PIKKA wrote:I received the same answer from INIS they are waiting for my Garda report since I was born but still not get it. I was told that I would get my decision in couple of months. I applied in July 2008 but they put me in August Queue. She said they are clearing 2007 and 2008 applications at the moment...............???????????????????
Can anyone put a light on the Garda reporting for naturalisation purposes?
myimmigrationboards wrote:i was told for the past year and half that they are wating for a report from outside agency (ie garda report) now i am told my file is not even on advanced stage or final stage, we will request further documents in the next few weeks or next few months.
This is just outrageous.
'Cause they still need a gard to press the key board even if it's only Ctrl+P, and he/she couldn't be bothered :lol:. The whole shenanigan with the naturalization process comes down to one thing: entrenched ineptitude leading to a culture of "don't rock the boat" within the public service. Compounded with the fact hat their customers are immigrants, "sure what would they do?"; so Mary goes out to have one more fag, gets another cuppa tea and chat away with the other Mary who just came back from her holiday about her plan for Christmas, mind you we are in the middle of July. All the while, Marisa's file was gathering dust on the shelf :lol:

Priceless 'init? :P
Last edited by 9jeirean on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:50 am

still waiting wrote:still waiting's wait is over now, finally there is good news for me and a big thankyou to everyone on this forum who is contributing and sharing their experiences on this forum.
my dearest IRISH PHAROE. it came true as u said i will get lettter b4e nxt week.

my details are --

1. applied jan 2009.

also i was fined for double yellow line but was paid straight away, four-five years ago had some problem coz of friend visa with Garda intellegence so name was taken on Garda pulse wasnt my fault directly. had medical card for one year aswell.

anyway at the end of day got it also train seems to be moving and there is light at end of tunnel for sure.

my best wishes to everyone on this forum and god make happy to everyone on this forum soon.

i have LTR since last one year so it doesnt seems to be working for us guys who already applied since last two, three years or more. dont know may b it is helpful for people who have applied since 2010, anyway LTR is plus point.
Congratulations mate! No need to wait any more, you can start to fly now. :lol:
All the best.

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:54 am

still waiting wrote:still waiting's wait is over now, finally there is good news for me and a big thankyou to everyone on this forum who is contributing and sharing their experiences on this forum.

my details are --

1. applied jan 2009.

What a relief, still waiting ! (pity your username cannot be changed to "got at last" :))

My sincere congratulations.

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:59 am

9jeirean wrote:[

'Cause they still need a gard to press the key board even if it's only Ctrl+P, and he/she couldn't be bothered :lol:. The whole shenanigan with the naturalization process comes down to one thing: entrenched ineptitude leading to a culture of "don't rock the boat" within the public service. Compounded with the fact hat their customers are immigrants, "sure what would they do?"; so Mary goes out to have one more fag, gets another cuppa tea and chat away with the other Mary who just came back from her holiday about her plan for Christmas, mind you we are in the middle of July. All the while, Marisa's file was gathering dust on the shelf :lol:
Ahahha :D Priceless...
I had a good laugh over it :D

Marisa

Post by Marisa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:14 am

Hi everyone, just a very quick update for those who is about to travel and not in a posession of GNIB card anymore
IRISH PHAROE: I just had a great conversation with a lovely lady from Immigration and Passport control in Dublin Airport. She reassured me, gave me her name and put my name on the list (apparently, there is already a list :shock: ).

What you need to do before you go:

1. Call (01) 6664968
2. Have your GNIB card number at hand, she will put it down.
3. Make copies of all related documentation (GNIB etc.)

Hope this helps.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:25 pm

Marisa wrote:Hi everyone, just a very quick update for those who is about to travel and not in a posession of GNIB card anymore
IRISH PHAROE: I just had a great conversation with a lovely lady from Immigration and Passport control in Dublin Airport. She reassured me, gave me her name and put my name on the list (apparently, there is already a list :shock: ).

What you need to do before you go:

1. Call (01) 6664968
2. Have your GNIB card number at hand, she will put it down.
3. Make copies of all related documentation (GNIB etc.)

Hope this helps.
Thanks Marisa very much
I don't know what would I do without the help and support of the ppl of this forum.
Sometimes I sitdown and think about how great and kind ppl that I deal with in here
we do not know each other personally and no one delay or hesitate to respond the other's inquiry

what a great forum!!!!

thanks all
peace on you

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:36 pm

my details are --

1. applied jan 2009.

Congratulations my dear friend

I think I got a touch of Nanette magic, I started to predict and it start to come true may be my crystal ball is working well :lol:

also I'd like to thank you for putting your experience in here which I think we need everyone to add his one.

I remember I was shaking if I notice some garda car while I was exceeding the speed limit by 1 or 2 Km/h

the same when I lost my job (because of the construction sector decline) and claimed unemployment benefit.

it will be good from everyone to add his own experience to be like the tiny light for evreyone who is walking in the dark tunnel of citizenship process.
peace on you