ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shareen24h

Re: LEAVE GRANTED!

Post by shareen24h » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:19 pm

[quote="GLH2012"]Good afternoon fellow bloggers, Praise God with me as my solicitor confirmed this morning that i have been granted 30months! He got the decision yesterday and am on my way to his office for details. All those waiting, your good news is coming soon and i say a big AMEN to that! Those refused, don't give up keep fighting till VICTORY AT LAST!!![/quote]

Hi GLH2012

Congratulation. Was it an extension or fresh application.

Snowflake48

Post by Snowflake48 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi guys,,,
Even though I have confirmed my application is a success from the home office,still the solicitors or myself didn't receive the confirmation letters. Home office said they doing the final check ups. Any of you know what is it and how long it will take? I know I should wait, but without seeing the papers I can't keep my mind rest..

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:31 pm

Nuchi wrote:Hi guys,,,
Even though I have confirmed my application is a success from the home office,still the solicitors or myself didn't receive the confirmation letters. Home office said they doing the final check ups. Any of you know what is it and how long it will take? I know I should wait, but without seeing the papers I can't keep my mind rest..
Awwwh you poor poor luvvie!!! Talk about being in a limbo over bank holiday weekend!! Im sure the lady at reporting centre wouldn't have said anything if it weren't for sure that you 've been granted!!

Did you or your solicitor call HO for updates and been told they are doing the final check ups??

Actually!!! :idea: It could be police checks like @yummymummy , so its just a routine procedure that usually takes under 2 weeks!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:40 pm

Well @Verbina I was just about to say - You have to be in it to win it! On that note I may play tonight even though I seldom do.

Anyways, getting your solicitors to draft up a well argued letter seems a very reasonable option as suggested by the senior case worker. What's your inclination towards this? - I know your counsel are discussing the best way to approach it.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:48 pm

Congrats to GLH2012. All the best!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:50 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Well @Verbina I was just about to say - You have to be in it to win it! On that note I may play tonight even though I seldom do.

Anyways, getting your solicitors to draft up a well argued letter seems a very reasonable option as suggested by the senior case worker. What's your inclination towards this? - I know your counsel are discussing the best way to approach it.
I dunno.... seriously ever since I got that letter yesterday my brain just literally shut off... :shock:
I find it very very odd that on one hand they say I am to submit an Article8 application which is a bit of a mission to be frank, as I cant even get my daughter's British passport as she is on holiday for 2 weeks. Not to mention £860 pounds fee for it...
Or on the other hand they suggest an alternative - writing a stupid letter ( For Free) with no other supporting docs etc...
It sounds a lot easier to go with a letter option, not to mention cheaper lol, but the skeptic in me is thinking there must be a catch!!!

Snowflake48

Post by Snowflake48 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:51 pm

verbina wrote:
Awwwh you poor poor luvvie!!! Talk about being in a limbo over bank holiday weekend!! Im sure the lady at reporting centre wouldn't have said anything if it weren't for sure that you 've been granted!!

Did you or your solicitor call HO for updates and been told they are doing the final check ups??

Actually!!! :idea: It could be police checks like @yummymummy , so its just a routine procedure that usually takes under 2 weeks!!
Thanks Verbina for your kind words! Solicitor rang the home office for the further updates...is yummymummy still waiting for her docs? I thought she completed her two weeks!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:55 pm

Nuchi wrote:
verbina wrote:

Thanks Verbina for your kind words! Solicitor rang the home office for the further updates...is yummymummy still waiting for her docs? I thought she completed her two weeks!
No no no @yummymummy got her leave over a week ago, what Im saying is, when she made her enquiries through her MP they said its ready, just awaiting police check results... so I wonder if its the same for you....

Snowflake48

Post by Snowflake48 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:59 pm

verbina wrote:
Nuchi wrote:
verbina wrote:

No no no @yummymummy got her leave over a week ago, what Im saying is, when she made her enquiries through her MP they said its ready, just awaiting police check results... so I wonder if its the same for you....

I guess it's the same. IA I will receive it next week.. Just the waiting game! Thanx anyway! :) anyway hope you are fine!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:01 pm

Nuchi wrote:
verbina wrote:
Nuchi wrote:
verbina wrote:

I guess it's the same. IA I will receive it next week.. Just the waiting game! Thanx anyway! :) anyway hope you are fine!
Yep!!! Back to waiting for us !!!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi Nuchi, not long now, yeah probably the police check is the hold up.

Well that triggers a question, is the IT infrastructure in the HO that bad that it takes two weeks to scan one's name and details through the database - I know for a fact that CID database produces instant results - Where does it all go wrong then?

Snowflake48

Post by Snowflake48 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:15 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Hi Nuchi, not long now, yeah probably the police check is the hold up.

Well that triggers a question, is the IT infrastructure in the HO that bad that it takes two weeks to scan one's name and details through the database - I know for a fact that CID database produces instant results - Where does it all go wrong then?
I thought the home office and police data base link together, just like you. If some one have a criminal offence they must decide before they reach a decision. How they can alter their outcome after the police check?? Bit confused :shock:

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:16 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Hi Nuchi, not long now, yeah probably the police check is the hold up.

When a physical body requests data protection checks from police about themselves it takes 2 weeks and costs £20.
I suppose it should be pretty instant for Home Office to run them checks, especially as they have biometrics, fingerprints, the whole works.....
Yet another mystery surrounding their workflow....

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:22 pm

verbina wrote:

When a physical body requests data protection checks from police about themselves it takes 2 weeks and costs £20.
I suppose it should be pretty instant for Home Office to run them checks, especially as they have biometrics, fingerprints, the whole works.....
This is UK nothing is ever simple and straight forward. They are the most backward of all the advance first world countries in terms of database documentation and processing, nothing should surprise you.

Snowflake48

Post by Snowflake48 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:25 pm

verbina wrote:

Very true.. I would love to work in the home office to see how it's running. I guess it will be more exciting rather than working for the FBI :lol:

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:27 pm

verbina wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:Well @Verbina I was just about to say - You have to be in it to win it! On that note I may play tonight even though I seldom do.

I dunno.... seriously ever since I got that letter yesterday my brain just literally shut off... :shock:
I find it very very odd that on one hand they say I am to submit an Article8 application which is a bit of a mission to be frank, as I cant even get my daughter's British passport as she is on holiday for 2 weeks. Not to mention £860 pounds fee for it...
Or on the other hand they suggest an alternative - writing a stupid letter ( For Free) with no other supporting docs etc...
It sounds a lot easier to go with a letter option, not to mention cheaper lol, but the skeptic in me is thinking there must be a catch!!!

I see what you mean. HO are so conniving and there is always a catch. Could it be some sort of appeasement towards your MP once they found out who he was and his capacity? I am still enraged by the fact that they expect you submit a paid application after 6 months of clowning around with your initial application. very tough though. Post April 2013 applications are being dealt with swiftly we know that but the £860 sum they are demanding is outrageous plus you are not allowed to work too. How on earth are you to stump that up just like that. What planet are they living on. So they allude to the fact that you need to submit the right article 8 application! meaning it's all about the money kerrr ching - everything else comes second. will eagerly await to hear what your counsel have decided.
Have a good weekend

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:29 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
verbina wrote:

I see what you mean. HO are so conniving and there is always a catch. Could it be some sort of appeasement towards your MP once they found out who he was and his capacity? I am still enraged by the fact that they expect you submit a paid application after 6 months of clowning around with your initial application. very tough though. Post April 2013 applications are being dealt with swiftly we know that but the £860 sum they are demanding is outrageous plus you are not allowed to work too. How on earth are you to stump that up just like that. What planet are they living on. So they allude to the fact that you need to submit the right article 8 application! meaning it's all about the money kerrr ching - everything else comes second. will eagerly await to hear what your counsel have decided.
Have a good weekend
Me too .... :?

Have a great weekend!!!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:41 pm

Nuchi wrote:
verbina wrote:

Very true.. I would love to work in the home office to see how it's running. I guess it will be more exciting rather than working for the FBI :lol:
Common sense dictates that you would run CID checks first and then proceed with the application, if there is something undesirable/untoward pops up you investigate further but here in sunny England we do things the opposite way. We tie and waste our resources and time on everything only to refuse an applicant because they are a serial murderer on the last hurdle. fantastic hey? oh maybe they are baiting you and whilst your application is waiting to be processed perhaps in 2 years (if you are lucky) they almost want you to commit a crime so they can outright refuse your application. The devil's work is at the heart of the HO

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:44 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
Nuchi wrote:
verbina wrote:

Common sense dictates that you would run CID checks first and then proceed with the application, if there is something undesirable/untoward pops up you investigate further but here in sunny England we do things the opposite way. We tie and waste our resources and time on everything only to refuse an applicant because they are a serial murderer on the last hurdle. fantastic hey? oh maybe they are baiting you and whilst your application is waiting to be processed perhaps in 2 years (if you are lucky) they almost want you to commit a crime so they can outright refuse your application. The devil's work is at the heart of the HO
I am more inclined to agree with the later statement hence the long time to process people application

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:46 pm

[quote="Believe2013"]Hi Guys - Congrats GLH2012

If I won the lottery I would buy a small country somewhere and sack all the immigration and border patrol officers lol[/quote]

@Believe2013

If you sack them all together (your new country) there will be a long queue and they will make a mess to.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:00 pm

shareen24h wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:Hi Guys - Congrats GLH2012

If I won the lottery I would buy a small country somewhere and sack all the immigration and border patrol officers lol

@Believe2013

If you sack them all together (your new country) there will be a long queue and they will make a mess to.
Well...that's not a quandary I would like to find myself in lol

I will only allow people in from countries with no visa restrictions or border control and the inhabitants of my country should be treated on equal terms too.

oh dear -I've got far too much time on my hands lol!!!!!!!

shareen24h

Post by shareen24h » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:04 pm

[quote="shareen24h"][quote="Believe2013"]Hi Guys - Congrats GLH2012

If I won the lottery I would buy a small country somewhere and sack all the immigration and border patrol officers lol[/quote]

@Believe2013

If you sack them all together (your new country) there will be a long queue and they will make a mess to.lol

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:59 pm

Just spoke to my solicitor!!! He's drafted a letter to senior case worker explaining why its not fair of them to ask me to submit an application at this stage and that they should basically decide my case as it is.

He is sending it off on Tuesday....

I just think its a bit too uncompromising really... oh well... I could've worded it better myself i suppose...

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi Verbina,

As much as solicitors hate been told what to do but they are under your directive so you could ask for it to be reworded or toned down a tad to avoid being victimised, not fair on you really!

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Believe2013 wrote:Hi Verbina,

As much as solicitors hate been told what to do but they are under your directive so you could ask for it to be reworded or toned down a tad to avoid being victimised, not fair on you really!
Verbina, i agree with Believe2013, it will be nice if your solicitor could be a bit diplomatic.