ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:13 am

SO IF i download the form and fill it can my wife hand that form in.
Like I have stated before sometimes they accept downloaded copies whilst at other times they dont.

What I would advise is that you download the form here in UK and complete as much of it as you can, then send it over to your wife .

Outside Fedex you have some people who fill the forms ( if your spouse cant), give them 1000Rs and they will fill the forms as per yours and then you can hand them in.

The form fillers are ok, its the other agents who do this as well as look through peoples form and say you need this and that, do this do that. Its those that you want to keep away from because if you leave your documents/files with them , there is a good chance that things will go missing.

So stay well away from agents hovering around these type of offices
Aside from my passport copy, birth certificate copy, NIC card copy, do I (as teh sponsor) need to get anything else attested? Does the title deed of a property have to be attested? (if so it is strange, as you don't get to see the original).

Also is it worth mentioning if one's spouse is pregnant?

Ta
You dont need your birth certificate or NIC card with your wifes application. Only certified copies of every page of your passport need to be handed in from the sponsors side.

The title deeds do not need certifying.

Yes you can mention that your wife is pregnant,but it will make no difference to the application. Just pray that your wife doesn't give birth in Pakistan because then you will have to apply for visa seperately for your child when they are born

deemi

Post by deemi » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:46 pm

Salaam all

just a quick one to say thanks to all the people putting up updates. Seems that 1 month is no longer the average for a response. Oh well!!

There are a few reasons that may explain it tho - firstly the PCS union had 3 days of strike action in march and I assume eco's are civil servants so likely that they were part of this!! Also Easter/ school holidays probably haven't helped as a lot of people take at least one of the 2 weeks off!!

Oh and mrh 786 our spouses both applied on the same day but different vacs so please let me know if u hear anything!! Good luck!!

Wa salaam.
Done waiting!!!!

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:18 pm

hi Batleykhan

What do they mean by "two sets of detailed itemised list of all documents"

in the Visa check list

http://www.ukvacpk.com/images/settlement.pdf

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:38 pm

2 of the above forms

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:29 pm

batleykhan wrote:2 of the above forms
Sorry about this, Which forms , is it VAF4A , this is soo confusing, Please help me, ur help is well appreciated

sabeen
Newly Registered

Post by sabeen » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:01 pm

hey guys,

I have received the following reply from UK HUB islamabad. My husband submitted his passport about 3 weeks ago for visa stamp, it was an appeal case where the ECO overturned his original deceision. Just wanted to know that does it mean that the passport is ready for collection?

"Dear madam

Thank you for your email. Your husband will be contacted in due course in regards to collecting his passport.
You can also contact Gerry’s using the address below.

info@ukvacpk.com

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Kind regards

UKHUB Pakistan."

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:23 pm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
batleykhan wrote:
2 of the above forms

Sorry about this, Which forms , is it VAF4A , this is soo confusing, Please help me, ur help is well appreciated
The form that opens up in the above link you posted :roll:

Suhaib 786

Post by Suhaib 786 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:06 pm

zs786 = navilator is right my traker haz same message- Fwd 2 Islambd OC! yes u r right i.t. upgrades (i knew they wer guna bolz it up somehow) and easter got in the way-remembr fee's went up & some rules wer changed (i fink regarding tier1 or sumet) from 6th April for so tht wud cause a HUGE flood of applicantz to avoid the new rules and higher feez.
just anoyz me that we pay SOOO much money and i wuda thought tht they wud atleast have a system to compensate for high volume applicantz and so.. rather just delaying it and messing with peoplz headz.. oh well, absenze makes the heart grow fonder".

BATLEY KHAN IS RIGHT- DON'T GO 2 AGENTS THEY WILL RIP U OFF AND THEY R COWBOY BANDITZ!! :twisted:
mashallah my case was well prepared before i went pakistan in feb2010 to get maried&submit case- but ther wer just a few odd questionz i was struglin with on VAF4a (damn i wish i wuda cum across this forum b4!!). went to an agent who i was given a good refrnc 2-man the guy startid chatin and im tellin u he wuda robed my boxerz if he had chanc. i said u got xperienc so just need 15minz of ur time-il pay u 1000 PKR plz. he tried convincin me listen giv me all of ur case il charg 22 000 pkr and inshallah it will be crisp-aftr an hour of hed bangin & explainin I DNT NEED ALL MY CASE REMAKING- i stormed away cuz it becam clear he wantid to take advantag of the fact im a uk lad & potentialli loadid & vunerable!!
any how walkd in2 some random plac gav him the same drill- i walkd out aftr 20minz havin paid 1000pkr an the guy basicalli reconfirmed the answerz i hade anyway# My solicitor here claimed he hade 7 years expereinc but evn he waz giving me airy fairy answrz hence i waz stuk when i got to pakistan- WHER WER U WHEN I NEEDED U BATLEY LOLZ - :)

Suhaib 786

Post by Suhaib 786 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:36 pm

zs 786 =
I emailed the Mirpur VAC to see if they could give me any update.
Thank you for your mail ! I have checked & would like to inform you that passport of your spouse is still under process with UKBA and she will be informed on receipt of the same for the collection. At present, about 95% Applications are being processed by UKBA within 6 weeks, 98% Applications are being processed within 12 weeks and 100% Applications are being processed within 24 weeks.
These figurez r outa date-it referz 2 febuaryz figurz which he'z just serchd 4 here :http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes

Its fact thingz hav delayd now man# mid january to mid febuaryish man casez wer flying out in a matr of a few weekz, at the end of january my solisitor said he had a settlemnt case come bk +ivly in 8 dayz!! Thingz hav majorli gon wrong - i just hope that the it sytem haz gone SUPER DUPER mad lik it did in the summer of 2009 and waitin timz wer min 3 monthz!!

Deemi did ur wife appli 03.03.2010??? which vac if so thtz spokey- so did Zak'z wife, mashallah he recievd a positive result though - 2 weekz ago#
i hope everything is ok man- inshallah u gota keep spiritz high- it realli is touch&go. everyday u think- maybe il hear something 2day.. but the day endz and hear nothing#
its not that im scared itz just cuz iv heard the ECO mak so many daft decisionz it just duznt make sense- who r these guyz- how well qualified r they to make such big life chaging decisionz????? how well is there training????????? and most of all--- R THESE GUYZ DECISIONZ AUDITED??? - cuz if not that makz alota senz becuz they can afford 2 make flimzy decisionz & get away with it.

Also once having made these dfat decisionz and MANY monthz down the line when a judge in court lookz at the case haz a laff at the stupid decision & over turnz it - DOES THAT DECISION GO BAK TO THE ECO & FURTHUR DOES HE THEN HAV 2 BECOME ACCOUNTABLE 4 SUCH A SILLY WAST OF TIME/MONEY & MORE SERIOUSLI HUMAN EMOTION#!!!

I have no issue with ECO inshallah i won't in future, just upsetz me when i see local pepz depressd cuz case refused for silly reasonz#

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:31 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the ECOs had quotas of passes and failures to be honest :roll:

kaidee

Post by kaidee » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:38 pm

batleykhan wrote:
Aside from my passport copy, birth certificate copy, NIC card copy, do I (as teh sponsor) need to get anything else attested? Does the title deed of a property have to be attested? (if so it is strange, as you don't get to see the original).

Also is it worth mentioning if one's spouse is pregnant?

Ta
You dont need your birth certificate or NIC card with your wifes application. Only certified copies of every page of your passport need to be handed in from the sponsors side.

The title deeds do not need certifying.

Yes you can mention that your wife is pregnant,but it will make no difference to the application. Just pray that your wife doesn't give birth in Pakistan because then you will have to apply for visa seperately for your child when they are born
Thanks :) I'm already praying lol :P pray before you pay! :lol:

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:48 pm

Well am just so freaked out :cry: coz of this recent volcanic eruption in iceland and the huge chaos it has created all around the world millions of people are stranded on airports across the globe :shock: :shock: ,people just pray that the ash cloud just disperse in to air and the horrific eruption stops as soon as possible so that the life returns to normal :) .
At the moment activity has again increased and the huge plume of smoke is moving south towards the central and southern europe,the column of this volcanic eruption contains some very fine particles(sulphur etc) and grit which are deadly for the sophisticated enghines of the airliners so as a result thousands of flights have been cancelled and aircrafts are grounded for an unknown time and this situation has disrupted passengers in 6 continents and has caused delays to an unprecedented massive scale :cry: PIA cancelled all of its to and fro flights to europe and north america(USA,canada) fo an uncertain time :shock:
Well just think about those people who were going to meet their love ones and this sudden catastrophic event has just caused so much pain and suffering to thousands of people.
An ash plume that has disrupted travel across Europe has been caused by hot magma being cooled quickly by the melting ice cap and as long as there is enough ice, more plumes could form — causing even more travel disruption. :cry: and european officials further extended no-fly restrictions over Europe Saturday as a vast, invisible plume of grit continued to billow out of an Icelandic volcano and drift across the continent.
I pray that everything just goes back to normal inshallah very soon in just a matter of few days(3-4). :) :(

… and [in His] directing of the winds, there are Signs for people who use their intellect. (Qur'an, 45:5)
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:00 pm

Hey Guys. I am trying to write a sponsor letter , i Have come across this website http://www.sampleofdocuments.com/visa-d ... letter.htm can any check it out and let me now if that is any good

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:06 pm

hi, Just want to ask why do we have to certify a British Passport copy. Does any one now where i can get it certified . Can a accountant do it. or a advice center

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:06 pm

zmk2 wrote:hi, Just want to ask why do we have to certify a British Passport copy. Does any one now where i can get it certified . Can a accountant do it. or a advice center
Normally sponsors provide the photocopies of the passport with the applications instead of sending the original ones so these photocopies of the passports need to be certified from a solicitor.Any thing which you are not sending original with your application must be certified from a solicitor.
Does any one now where i can get it certified
And remember you will have to provide all the pages of your passport(photocopy) which must be certified from a solicitor who would probably charge you a Tenner(10 pounds) or so.The solicitor would stamp all the photocopy pages of your complete passport with "The true certified copy of the original"(batley khan could explain it in more detail 8) )
Can a accountant do it. or a advice center
Well i assume that account is not an appropriate person to do such certifications. :(
Only qualified solicitors are authorised to do certifications.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:43 pm

hi there, can any tell me , does the employment letter have to be signed by ur manager. my manager emailed me , it has the company header and footer on and the contact details . do i need to get it signed or will it do for the visa.

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:53 pm

hi there, do I still need a house inspection report, If I am renting a Room only. I have a tenancy agreement for a room. However there are two people living in this property including me. so there is plenty of room. so do i still need the property inspection report.

your help is really appreciated

anelka
Newly Registered

Post by anelka » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:44 am

Its been 5 weeks since submitting passport after ECO changed his decision. Ive emailed 4 different addresses and no reply from any of them. My solicitor has told me there is a delay in passports being stamped. Anyone else have an update on their situation?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:48 am

zmk2 wrote:hi, Just want to ask why do we have to certify a British Passport copy. Does any one now where i can get it certified . Can a accountant do it. or a advice center
Only a Solicitor can attest your passport
hi there, can any tell me , does the employment letter have to be signed by ur manager. my manager emailed me , it has the company header and footer on and the contact details . do i need to get it signed or will it do for the visa.
Yes somebody from the Company MUST sign letter of employment
hi there, do I still need a house inspection report, If I am renting a Room only. I have a tenancy agreement for a room. However there are two people living in this property including me. so there is plenty of room. so do i still need the property inspection report.

your help is really appreciated
If only you and your wife are going to be living "in the room" then there is no need to get a property inspection report done

Shakeel101
Newly Registered

Post by Shakeel101 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:00 pm

zmk2 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
zmk2 wrote:Hi there, just wanted to ask do we have to have the form SU07/01 filled out, Or do we just fill the VAF4A spousal settlement form.
You only fill the VAF4A out. Dont bother with other one its not required.

Also whatever you do dont use those thiefing rat bag agents that hang around in Islamabad and say they will do everything for you.

Someone has just emailed me to say that they paid 12000PkRs to one such agent. He has lost her some of her documents and accused her of not supplying them in the first place.
Yeah bro. It's not that difficult a process. Download the form, read through it, read through the guidance notes, it's straight forward. Make sure you have the right paperwork etc, you should be fine.

To submit it you just need to book an appointment, thats it.

sabeen
Newly Registered

Post by sabeen » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:05 pm

anelka wrote:Its been 5 weeks since submitting passport after ECO changed his decision. Ive emailed 4 different addresses and no reply from any of them. My solicitor has told me there is a delay in passports being stamped. Anyone else have an update on their situation?
Its nearly been 4 weeks with mine...have been emailing uk hub regularly and on friday they emailed back saying that Gerry's will contact in due course with regards to passport collection. Not sure what exactly they meant, does it mean that the passport is ready for collection and they are done on their side or what?

Its so furstrating..it almost been 8 months of this unnecessary wait!!!

lets keep our fingers crossed and hope that our loved ones get here soon! :)

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:30 pm

Shakeel101 wrote:
zmk2 wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
zmk2 wrote:Hi there, just wanted to ask do we have to have the form SU07/01 filled out, Or do we just fill the VAF4A spousal settlement form.
You only fill the VAF4A out. Dont bother with other one its not required.

Also whatever you do dont use those thiefing rat bag agents that hang around in Islamabad and say they will do everything for you.

Someone has just emailed me to say that they paid 12000PkRs to one such agent. He has lost her some of her documents and accused her of not supplying them in the first place.
Yeah bro. It's not that difficult a process. Download the form, read through it, read through the guidance notes, it's straight forward. Make sure you have the right paperwork etc, you should be fine.

To submit it you just need to book an appointment, thats it.

Hey guys, I need help urgently, all my documents are Ready, with the HELP of ALLAH. I just need to ask, how are you ment to give applicants evidence of income. My wife is supported by her sister and her brother in law before marriage as her parents are no more, so how shall i give evidence as she dont have a bank account. any Help will be very appreciated.

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:31 pm

also what amount of income is sufficient for a person living in pakistan

deemi

Post by deemi » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:19 pm

Salaam zmk

my understanding is that if the applicant isn't working and has no fixed income coming in there really isn't any need to show there income and the fact they are supported by family.

The Eco will be more concerned with your earnings as sponsor!

Any way that's my understanding but maybe someone else can clarify!!!
Done waiting!!!!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:22 pm

ZMK...... I think we should charge you for every question you ask.

I would be a millionaire by now. :lol: :D

If your wife has not been working, you put down her occupation as housewife.

You dont have to then provide any evidence of her income
also what amount of income is sufficient for a person living in pakistan
What do you want to know that for..Its irrelevant to your application