ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haseet
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation application processing timelines (only)

Post by haseet » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:44 pm

hi all

i want to apply for british citizenship i would like to know that as i am jobless these days due to an injury

will that affect my application or not?

ur kind reply will be highly appciated.

Regards,

ikissin
Newly Registered

Post by ikissin » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:28 am

This will not be a problem, lawyers/NCS confirmed this. Just put 'Unemployed' in the box for Employment

sandeep_m
Newly Registered

Post by sandeep_m » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:48 pm

Eligibility criteria: 5 year tier 1/hsmp + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met : NARIC certificate + english language letter from uni + Life in UK test pass certificate
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Hamilton
Date of application: 19/06/2014
Payment method : Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23/06/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 30/06/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 26/06/2014
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting

ajbhatta

Post by ajbhatta » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:03 pm

I would like to know the contact number for the home office to check on my Naturalisation Application Status. Can anybody help me with this number?

na2316

Post by na2316 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:03 pm

Hi All,

I am going to apply for citizenship (after 5 years on Tier 1 and 1 year on ILR)

A quick question:

I need to travel abroad in 1 month and will be away for 5 weeks.

Do i need to be present in the country (UK) while i apply for the citizenship or naturalisation for the whole period of time untill i get the decison? or can i just apply through council (ncs) And then go for travelling?

PLEASEEE advise

many thanks

ewka
Newly Registered

Post by ewka » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:43 pm

Hello,
Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 7 years in UK, Life in the UK test, ESOL course
Nationality: Polish
Method of application: Postal
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30 April 2014
Date of debit of fees: 07 May 2014
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 07 May 2014
Date of receipt of approval: 13 June 2014
Date of Ceremony: 08 July 2014 , Northern Ireland

Great forum !!
Thanks and regards !!

shineangel

Post by shineangel » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:24 am

na2316 wrote:Hi All,

I am going to apply for citizenship (after 5 years on Tier 1 and 1 year on ILR)

A quick question:

I need to travel abroad in 1 month and will be away for 5 weeks.

Do i need to be present in the country (UK) while i apply for the citizenship or naturalisation for the whole period of time untill i get the decison? or can i just apply through council (ncs) And then go for travelling?

PLEASEEE advise

many thanks
You can definitely apply through NCS and travel out of the UK and your acknowledgement letter will be waiting for you bybthe time you return from your trip. Don't worry about it, my friends used NCS and was out of the UK for a month and there is no problem. Good luck

guesschinee
Newly Registered

Post by guesschinee » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:12 pm

Passport for: Adult (Durham Office)
Application Type: First time (naturalised citizen)
Method of application: self Special delivery
Date of application: 06/06/2014
Date application received by IPS (post tracking): 23/05/2014
SMS received: 09/06/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: waiting
Date of return of documents: waiting
Date of Passport Appointment: waiting
Date of Passport Printing SMS received: waiting
Date of Passport Receipt: waiting

alok_singh

Post by alok_singh » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:02 pm

Please can some post 0300 contact number to check the status of application applied on 2nd May still no update after 2 months

anandh79

Post by anandh79 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:48 am

Hi Alok

This is the number 03001232253.

Good Luck!

Regards
Krish

Cdn78
Newly Registered

Post by Cdn78 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:12 am

Updated to reflect acknowledgment letter
Cdn78 wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 year WP/Tier 2 + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met : Majority English Speaking Country (Canada)
Current nationality: Canadian
Council name if NCS used: Wandsworth
Date of application: 20/06/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23/06/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 28/06/2014 (received 3/7/2014)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 28/06/2014

Beanietude
Newly Registered

Post by Beanietude » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:36 pm

I originally applied for citizenship in October 2013, before the latest changes took hold. I am married to a British citizen and was granted ILR in 2005... or so I thought. Apparently, the person who put my ILR visa in my passport failed to mark it as such, leaving only the expiration date at the top as the same date my passport expires. After many months and depletion of nearly £1000, I received a letter from UKBA saying "sorry, no" simply on the basis of this expiration date. Emails were exchanged (some rather snarky from me), but nobody at UKBA could tell me what visa I *did* have if not IRL? That's what I had applied for, and certainly what I had paid for, so was I wrong to trust the agents in 2005 knew what they were doing when they stamped my passport all those years ago? Apparently.

Letters were exchanged between our MP and the Home Office, more months passed and, whaddya know? There's been an error! My IRL visa should've stated its purpose more clearly. Armed with these letters and a new, appropriately endorsed visa, I was free to have my citizenship application reconsidered. Finally.

I sent in my forms, tests, passport and £80 on March 17th for reconsideration. It was signed for on their end on the 18th. I've thus far had no correspondence from UKBA, not even to say "we got your stuff, thanks!" The money has not yet been taken. I recently sent them an email asking if they could simply confirm they at least have my documents and got a rather tersely worded automated reply, nothing else to date.

I know UKBA are incredibly busy at the moment, but given some of the speedy(ish) responses some seem to be getting I'm beginning to wonder if I'm ever going to see my passport again! Any ideas on how long I should leave them to it before I start panicking? I have half a mind to request it back as I may need it soon for a work-related DBS check, but I don't want to jeopardise my application.

I can't say I'm impressed by this whole experience.

mhent

Post by mhent » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:10 pm

[quote="Beanietude"]I originally applied for citizenship in October 2013, before the latest changes took hold. I am married to a British citizen and was granted ILR in 2005... or so I thought. Apparently, the person who put my ILR visa in my passport failed to mark it as such, leaving only the expiration date at the top as the same date my passport expires. After many months and depletion of nearly £1000, I received a letter from UKBA saying "sorry, no" simply on the basis of this expiration date. Emails were exchanged (some rather snarky from me), but nobody at UKBA could tell me what visa I *did* have if not IRL? That's what I had applied for, and certainly what I had paid for, so was I wrong to trust the agents in 2005 knew what they were doing when they stamped my passport all those years ago? Apparently.

Letters were exchanged between our MP and the Home Office, more months passed and, whaddya know? There's been an error! My IRL visa should've stated its purpose more clearly. Armed with these letters and a new, appropriately endorsed visa, I was free to have my citizenship application reconsidered. Finally.

I sent in my forms, tests, passport and £80 on March 17th for reconsideration. It was signed for on their end on the 18th. I've thus far had no correspondence from UKBA, not even to say "we got your stuff, thanks!" The money has not yet been taken. I recently sent them an email asking if they could simply confirm they at least have my documents and got a rather tersely worded automated reply, nothing else to date.

I know UKBA are incredibly busy at the moment, but given some of the speedy(ish) responses some seem to be getting I'm beginning to wonder if I'm ever going to see my passport again! Any ideas on how long I should leave them to it before I start panicking? I have half a mind to request it back as I may need it soon for a work-related DBS check, but I don't want to jeopardise my application.

Hi
you really need to call them on 03001232253 tell them your situation and hopefully they will confirm whether they have your documents or not. Try to call them 9 am. To make them give you the right information ask for the name and surname of the advisor as soon as they pick up the phone

Gd luck

ciitrong
Newly Registered

Post by ciitrong » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:58 pm

Eligibility criteria: 2 yrs HSMP + 3 years Tier1 + 1year ILR
Language criteria met : IELTS (expired)
Current nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: NCS -
Council name NCS used: Southwrak
Date of application: 20/06/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 27/06/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 03/07/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 30/06/2014

sogy

Post by sogy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:02 pm

Finally, can update with good news!

Eligibility criteria: EEA 6+ years Treaty Rights (worker), never applied for settlement doc
Method of application: NCS Nottingham
Date of NCS appointment: 19/03/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA : 20/03/2014 (via Royal Mail tracking)
Date of debit of fees (Debit Card) : 27/03/2014 (transaction posted)
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 02/04/2014 (dated 26/03/2014)
Date of receipt of approval: 04/07/2014 (dated 30/06/2014)
Date of ceremony: To be booked

106 days. One delay with my application i exactly a month ago the case worker (apparently, assigned by then) requested a Northern Ireland police check form (DAT1). I do not live in NI, but lived there in the past (5 years ago).

sudhirbph

Post by sudhirbph » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:07 pm

My timeline:

Eligibility criteria: 10yr+ 1year ILR
Language criteria met :UK masters degree + life in the UK test
Current nationality: Indian
Council name NCS used: Sale Manchester
Date of application: 02/07/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 03/07/2014 (royal mail tracking)
Date of acknowledgment: Waiting
Date of debit or clearance of fees: Waiting

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:00 am

SilvaMethod wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 + 1 year (I applied as an employed and self-employed person, even though I was a student for 4 years.)
Language criteria met : CAE, CPE, IELTS (9.0 overall), Oxbridge University Degree, Life in the UK test
Current nationality: New EU country
Method of application: MAGNE & Co Immigration Lawyers
Council name if NCS used: N/A
Date of application: 21/03/2014
Payment method : Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 23/03/2014
Date of acknowledgment: 25/03/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 27/03/2014
Date approval received: 01/05/2014
Date of ceremony: 22/05/2014

My application has been approved very quickly (about 4 weeks).

Do your application with a lawyer, preferably with a lawyer who has a British name and went to a good uni (Ox or Cam). Home Office will take you more seriously if you do so. http://www.immigration-help.co.uk/

I submitted a very detailed application with a top immigration lawyer who really argued my case. I proved my economic activity (self-employed, sometimes employed) with different types of documents for the past 6 years (invoices I gave, invoices I received, list of transactions to my business accounts, my ads in newspapers, tax returns, tax calculations, NI contributions, letter from accountant, pay slips from work, work contracts). Same with proof of residence in Britain (bank statements for each month for the past 6 years- I have 3 bank accounts with different banks, letters from various councils which confirm that I was registered there on the electoral roll, rconfirmation letters from my university, accommodation contracts, letters from GP about appointments with my address on them etc). Prove everything for every month with at least 3-4 documents. Don't rely on just one type of proof.

I had 7 referees instead of 2. All of them highly educated, British with respectable professional jobs. Included their photos and photocopies of their passports to make my application stronger and more convincing.

I created a directory guide sheet for my documents (which stated which months are covered by what) to make it easier for the case worker to go through my application. Documents were in chronological order going backwards in time.

I have never claimed any benefits, tax credits, housing benefit, job seekers allowance etc. in the past 10 years while I was here in the UK, not even when I was eligible for them. This was emphasised throughout my application.
LOL :lol:

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:22 am

theprideofpak wrote:
SilvaMethod wrote:Eligibility criteria: 5 + 1 year (I applied as an employed and self-employed person, even though I was a student for 4 years.)
Language criteria met : CAE, CPE, IELTS (9.0 overall), Oxbridge University Degree, Life in the UK test

Do your application with a lawyer, preferably with a lawyer who has a British name and went to a good uni (Ox or Cam). Home Office will take you more seriously if you do so. http://www.immigration-help.co.uk/

I submitted a very detailed application with a top immigration lawyer who really argued my case. I proved my economic activity (self-employed, sometimes employed) with different types of documents for the past 6 years (invoices I gave, invoices I received, list of transactions to my business accounts, my ads in newspapers, tax returns, tax calculations, NI contributions, letter from accountant, pay slips from work, work contracts). Same with proof of residence in Britain (bank statements for each month for the past 6 years- I have 3 bank accounts with different banks, letters from various councils which confirm that I was registered there on the electoral roll, rconfirmation letters from my university, accommodation contracts, letters from GP about appointments with my address on them etc). Prove everything for every month with at least 3-4 documents. Don't rely on just one type of proof.

I had 7 referees instead of 2. All of them highly educated, British with respectable professional jobs. Included their photos and photocopies of their passports to make my application stronger and more convincing.

I created a directory guide sheet for my documents (which stated which months are covered by what) to make it easier for the case worker to go through my application. Documents were in chronological order going backwards in time.

I have never claimed any benefits, tax credits, housing benefit, job seekers allowance etc. in the past 10 years while I was here in the UK, not even when I was eligible for them. This was emphasised throughout my application.
:lol: :lol: MAGNE & Co Immigration Lawyers :lol:

LOL, these so-called Ox-Cam immigration lawyers should know first that most of the stuff mentioned in this ridiculous post is not even required for naturalisation. What a stupid and cheap marketing tactic.
Adam

'To me no human is alien - but to some no aliens are human'.

ajbhatta

Post by ajbhatta » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:01 pm

Hi,

I have currently had some problems with my landlord and fear that they might not inform me of the Letter (if Approved) that is sent from the HO via Post.

My question: Is it possible to give instructions to the HO to have it sent to the local postal collection service centre or have it Emailed to my Office address.

If any other alternatives, please advice.

alok_singh

Post by alok_singh » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:44 pm

Has anyone got the approval who had applied after 06th May 2014. I had called HO and they said still no case worker is allocated to the application

SilvaMethod
Newly Registered

Post by SilvaMethod » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:02 pm

adamboston wrote:
theprideofpak wrote:

:lol: :lol: MAGNE & Co Immigration Lawyers :lol:

LOL, these so-called Ox-Cam immigration lawyers should know first that most of the stuff mentioned in this ridiculous post is not even required for naturalisation. What a stupid and cheap marketing tactic.
Firstly, it was my own decision to include these additional documents to make a stronger application and a better impression, not my lawyer's. I heard that approval is quicker if residency and economic activity is proved in more than one way. This seems to work in most cases. It worked for me.

Secondly, they may deny it, but in these situations it always matters how you present yourself and what impression the case worker gets about you as a person. Also, you shouldn't leave any doubt in their minds, hence the additional documents.

Thirdly, a lot of my friends who are going through this application had disappointing experiences with second-rate 'solicitors' who can barely speak or write in English properly and who use the same statement template for every client without adjusting it to the individual's circumstances.

I don't see any problems with sharing advice or experience with fellow applicants.

You can LOL and mock me as much as you want, BUT I got my British citizenship in record time with zero problems or delays! :)
Last edited by SilvaMethod on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rahel1984

Post by Rahel1984 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:42 pm

Hi, I am applying for naturalisation tomorrow. So as my referees I got one it manager in HSBC Bank and other one is a waiter. Will that be sufficient? I need urgent help please. Any advice from anyone?

adamboston

Post by adamboston » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:58 pm

SilvaMethod wrote:
adamboston wrote: :lol: :lol: MAGNE & Co Immigration Lawyers :lol:

Firstly, it was my own decision to include these additional documents to make a stronger application and a better impression, not my lawyer's. I heard that approval is quicker if residency and economic activity is proved in more than one way. This seems to work in most cases. It worked for me.

Secondly, they may deny it, but in these situations it always matters how you present yourself and what impression the case worker gets about you as a person. Also, you shouldn't leave any doubt in their minds, hence the additional documents.

Thirdly, a lot of my friends who are going through this application had disappointing experiences with second-rate 'solicitors' who can barely speak or write in English properly and who use the same statement template for every client without adjusting it to the individual's circumstances.

I don't see any problems with sharing advice or experience with fellow applicants.

You can LOL and mock me as much as you want, BUT I got my British citizenship in record time with zero problems or delays! :)

Good for you mate but dont confuse the fellow applicants with this unnecessary information. There is nowhere in your previous post you mentioned that it was your own decision to add all the 'extra' bits. You are trying to give the impression that all this documents you have submitted are 'mandatory'. See below:
SilvaMethod wrote:I submitted a very detailed application with a top immigration lawyer who really argued my case. I proved my economic activity (self-employed, sometimes employed) with different types of documents for the past 6 years (invoices I gave, invoices I received, list of transactions to my business accounts, my ads in newspapers, tax returns, tax calculations, NI contributions, letter from accountant, pay slips from work, work contracts). Same with proof of residence in Britain (bank statements for each month for the past 6 years- I have 3 bank accounts with different banks, letters from various councils which confirm that I was registered there on the electoral roll, rconfirmation letters from my university, accommodation contracts, letters from GP about appointments with my address on them etc). Prove everything for every month with at least 3-4 documents. Don't rely on just one type of proof.
Adam

'To me no human is alien - but to some no aliens are human'.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:29 pm

I agree with Adamboston.

Especially strange to see the advice that your solicitor should have British sounding name.

Maybe you confuse this country with some other. I don't mean to sound rude but really, maybe you confuse it with your country of origin.

The fact that you or your family have money to spend on expensive immigration solicitors who even have British sounding names does not change the fact that this is totally unnecessary. This is democracy and firstly, you can do it yourself, secondly, in this country you can't go and give advice to people to choose professional based on how British his/her names sounds, this is ridiculous.

Anyway, this topic is for Naturalisation timelines. So I propose to assume that everybody acted in good faith and let's switch on timelines only. Take it easy. :D

Beanietude
Newly Registered

Post by Beanietude » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:43 pm

Beanietude wrote:I originally applied for citizenship in October 2013, before the latest changes took hold. I am married to a British citizen and was granted ILR in 2005... or so I thought. Apparently, the person who put my ILR visa in my passport failed to mark it as such, leaving only the expiration date at the top as the same date my passport expires. After many months and depletion of nearly £1000, I received a letter from UKBA saying "sorry, no" simply on the basis of this expiration date. Emails were exchanged (some rather snarky from me), but nobody at UKBA could tell me what visa I *did* have if not IRL? That's what I had applied for, and certainly what I had paid for, so was I wrong to trust the agents in 2005 knew what they were doing when they stamped my passport all those years ago? Apparently.

I can't say I'm impressed by this whole experience.
UPDATE:

I had made plans to ring UKBA this coming Friday when, lo' and behold!, my documents have shown up! Huzzah! Citizenship has been approved. Now awaiting invite to ceremony from the council. So glad we're almost done!