ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jasmine89

Re: Citizenship Ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19

Post by jasmine89 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:23 pm

Gard wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:26 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:22 pm
Gard wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:01 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:45 pm

Hi Gard,

Same here I emailed them the dame day confirming my attendance but have not heard anything back yet. Hopefully they will update us soon with further details.

Hi jasmine, just got the email from Manchester city council. By the way my name isn't Gard, its Syed actually 😂
Haha so sorry syed.Mine ceremony is on the 2nd i have emailed them twice and they still haven’t sent me the details. :( i am panicking. Should i go to the office and ask for it? There is no other way to contact them
Nothing to worry jasmine. Your gonna get the email by today or tomorrow or latest Monday. My email came from the person called Satnam Singh with the subject of citizenship ceremony. There is a link for downloading Microsoft teams and the joining link still not activated.

I emailed them with subject of " Citizenship ceremony attendance confirm".

I think the have got so many emails and they are replying one after another.

You dnt have to go physically in the office as they will not allow you in the lockdown. Just keep checking your email. Would be pleased to know that u have got it :)
Thank you soo much. Fingers crossed i get it tomorrow. If you don't mind me asking can you please tell me when you emailed them?

Gard
Newly Registered
England

Post by Gard » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:05 pm

jasmine89 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:23 pm
Gard wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:26 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:22 pm
Gard wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:01 pm

Hi jasmine, just got the email from Manchester city council. By the way my name isn't Gard, its Syed actually 😂
Haha so sorry syed.Mine ceremony is on the 2nd i have emailed them twice and they still haven’t sent me the details. :( i am panicking. Should i go to the office and ask for it? There is no other way to contact them
Nothing to worry jasmine. Your gonna get the email by today or tomorrow or latest Monday. My email came from the person called Satnam Singh with the subject of citizenship ceremony. There is a link for downloading Microsoft teams and the joining link still not activated.

I emailed them with subject of " Citizenship ceremony attendance confirm".

I think the have got so many emails and they are replying one after another.

You dnt have to go physically in the office as they will not allow you in the lockdown. Just keep checking your email. Would be pleased to know that u have got it :)
Thank you soo much. Fingers crossed i get it tomorrow. If you don't mind me asking can you please tell me when you emailed them?
I emailed them tuesday around 3:30pm. And got reply today. I believe you have sent email at registeroffice@manchester.gov.uk

THENAB
Newly Registered

Post by THENAB » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:10 pm

hi all! I have my ceremony soon, next week actually! This is after 4 months of waiting however. I am a little worried as around a month ago I moved but I had already received the invite from HO. Now I informed the council registration office about this before booking the ceremony. They are fine with it but clearly said that they will only post it to address that matches with HO. They advised me to email citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk with the details of new address. Now I haven't heard back from this email at all. I am worried if anyone even checks this email. I don't want to end up in a situation where it's posted to my old location and rejected. I can pick up from the council in person but I don't think they allow for it these days due to Covid. Could anyone please advise if for the address change an email to above email address is enough and that they update the address but don't inform you of that? thank you!

Pram
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by Pram » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:13 pm

I got approval on last week of sep and waiting for letter which received on first week of december since then tier 4 restriction and National lockdown so council again push the date to 2nd week of march as dont have virtual or private ceremony . I am trying to transfer to different council which allow virtual ceremony and been told to email to UKVI on citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk which I did few weeks earlier but haven't got any response yet. Any one here who had email to UKVI to transfer their certificate but haven't heard any response from them. I had email to HOD of Registar Service in my Council asking why almost other are conducting virtual ceremony but why not my council as reply was below
''I do not have a plan to introduce virtual ceremonies as my team are dedicated to working on the current pandemic priorities of death registration and exceptional ceremonies and registrations. Virtual ceremonies would require a new IT set up and office procedure to ensure that the legal requirements were met which cannot be a priority on my team who are so busy on priority work.''.

Any one had transfer council pls share your experience

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:23 pm

Pram wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:13 pm
I got approval on last week of sep and waiting for letter which received on first week of december since then tier 4 restriction and National lockdown so council again push the date to 2nd week of march as dont have virtual or private ceremony . I am trying to transfer to different council which allow virtual ceremony and been told to email to UKVI on citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk which I did few weeks earlier but haven't got any response yet. Any one here who had email to UKVI to transfer their certificate but haven't heard any response from them. I had email to HOD of Registar Service in my Council asking why almost other are conducting virtual ceremony but why not my council as reply was below
''I do not have a plan to introduce virtual ceremonies as my team are dedicated to working on the current pandemic priorities of death registration and exceptional ceremonies and registrations. Virtual ceremonies would require a new IT set up and office procedure to ensure that the legal requirements were met which cannot be a priority on my team who are so busy on priority work.''.

Changing the council took ages even PRE-pandemic. Be patient and expect longer delays due to corona. Changing council is a pain in itself. Probably you were better off to wait till 2nd March. Maybe you will be waiting longer now (hope not).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Buch
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Buch » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:40 pm

Greetings everyone. I just joined this forum. Congrats to everyone who already received their invitation letter. Please does anyone know when December approvals will get their citizenship invitation letter? Also, if you have done your ceremony in Milton Keynes council, can you please share how slow or quick it is to get ceremony dates there. Thanks.

Energy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Energy » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:55 pm

Pram wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:13 pm

Please don't transfer it. That's going to be a nightmare! If possible, should I suggest you send an e-mail to the council/home office and tell them that you are happy to wait?

alex99999993
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by alex99999993 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:34 pm

I finally got my invitation letter this week.

I applied 13.09.20
Approved 09.11.20
Invitation received on 27.01.21
Letter date 16.01.21

Did anyone deal with Essex council, tried calling them and email but no response even though on their website it says they are doing virtual ceremonies.

Just wondering if any of you had any success with them?

Desmond123
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Desmond123 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:58 pm

Sab172 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:56 pm
Desmond123 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:17 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:27 am
Desmond123 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:23 pm
Good news for all applicant in Manchester City Council. I received a letter for my virtual ceremony today 26th January scheduled for 3rd Feb for free.we getting there bit by bit😁.

Hi has the council sent you the details about the ceremony in email yet?
Not yet, I sent them the email last night because on the letter I received they asked me to confirm if will be able to do it on 3rd and get back with my details so they can get back on how it would be done via virtual
Did Manchester Council send out invitation for the ceremony 1st class or 2nd class do you remember?
Yes they sent second class because the letter was dated 22nd January and I received it on Tuesday 26th.

Hello5
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Hello5 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:00 am

Buch wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:40 pm
Greetings everyone. I just joined this forum. Congrats to everyone who already received their invitation letter. Please does anyone know when December approvals will get their citizenship invitation letter? Also, if you have done your ceremony in Milton Keynes council, can you please share how slow or quick it is to get ceremony dates there. Thanks.
You are likely going to wait another month for your letter to come through

Sufian_Fares
Newly Registered
Jordan

Post by Sufian_Fares » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:27 am

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the email address below is monitored by HO at all?

Citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk

I sent them a couple of queries but never received any replies, not even an automated response. Going through the thread, I could see a few people were having the same problem.

My approval date is 16/11/20. Still waiting

Pram
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by Pram » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:33 am

Last edited by Pram on Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pram
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by Pram » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:35 am

Sufian_Fares wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:27 am
Hi all,

I sent them a couple of queries but never received any replies, not even an automated response. Going through the thread, I could see a few people were having the same problem.

I also had email them couple of times but not getting any response. I call to the call centre and escalate the queries where they told that we can only escalate if we dont receive response after 20 WORKING DAYS , yes Working Days. Email them in regards to transfer the certificate to another council and its seems a nightmare. Hope you will get your response soon.

Sab172
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Sab172 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:44 am

Desmond123 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:58 pm
Sab172 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:56 pm
Desmond123 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:17 pm
jasmine89 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:27 am

Hi has the council sent you the details about the ceremony in email yet?
Not yet, I sent them the email last night because on the letter I received they asked me to confirm if will be able to do it on 3rd and get back with my details so they can get back on how it would be done via virtual
Did Manchester Council send out invitation for the ceremony 1st class or 2nd class do you remember?
Yes they sent second class because the letter was dated 22nd January and I received it on Tuesday 26th.
Thanks, that probably means for people waiting on Manchester invites will be getting them every Monday/Tuesdays from what they said they are sending out Thursday/Friday and as its 2nd class, if Royal mail is on time like yours :)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:46 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:58 pm
Information about SLOUGH COUNCIL

My friend was approved in October and got ceremony invitation on Friday Jan 15. Slough is carrying on with 1-2-1 ceremonies. He contacted the council today and they said they will email the ceremony date/time within next 10 days.

This post might help someone from slough council.
Slough offered my friend private ceremony for 9th Feb for free.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Sarzefa
Newly Registered
England

Post by Sarzefa » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:56 pm

Hi,
Is there anyone from October who is still waiting for the invitation letter.

Missi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Missi » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:01 pm

Hi to all members!
Please up date if anyone got invitation letter with approval date of 12 nov to onwards..
Thanku

aliabbas

Post by aliabbas » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:09 pm

Sarzefa wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:56 pm
Hi,
16 oct approval n still waiting. What's ur approval date?

Sarzefa
Newly Registered
England

Post by Sarzefa » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:22 pm

aliabbas wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:09 pm
Sarzefa wrote:
Hi,
19th Oct:(

Sufian_Fares
Newly Registered
Jordan

Post by Sufian_Fares » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:31 pm

Pram wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:35 am
Sufian_Fares wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:27 am
Hi all,

I also had email them couple of times but not getting any response. I call to the call centre and escalate the queries where they told that we can only escalate if we dont receive response after 20 WORKING DAYS , yes Working Days. Email them in regards to transfer the certificate to another council and its seems a nightmare. Hope you will get your response soon.
Yes, changing address/council would be the worst thing to do right now 😬. I’m moving out of my place in April. Hope I get the certificate before then.

Some November approvals got their letters already, while some October approvals are still waiting. Not very consistent from HO

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:41 pm

Approval date: 28 October
Ceremony invite letter received: 26 January
Date on ceremony invite letter: 7 January
Date of ceremony: 29 January (today)

Hopefully remaining October approvals will also receive their letters soon.

alexdreame
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by alexdreame » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:10 pm

Hey everyone,

I hope you are all well.

I have finally received the invitation via email in a reply to my email which i sent to the case worker team CT2 a month ago. I am very happy to finally get the invitation, since i was approved on the 19th of October. However, the invitation is addressed to my old address, although I updated it a while ago and I’ve got the confirmation. The problem now is there is currently no one at my old address and it is very likely this is going to be for a while. My concern is that the letter states I should book a ceremony within 21 days of receiving the letter. This period has already lapsed due to me not receiving the invitation letter dated 31st of Dec. I am happy to wait snd have the ceremony at a later stage, but I just wondered has anyone else had a similar situation?
According to the Home Office website you have 6 months to attend the ceremony due to COVID, but this is contradicted by the letter which says you have to book in 21 days. :(

shahzy970
Mood:
Malaysia

Post by shahzy970 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:14 pm

shahzy970 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:48 pm
Yazzz95 wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:50 pm
Hi,

I have got this response from newham registrar office today.

" We will be resuming some virtual and in person individual citizenship ceremonies in February and will try to rebook all ceremonies in the date of cancellations. "
Hi Yazz,

Did you hear anything back from the council again? my appointment was cancelled as well and they've asked me book online again but when I try to book an appointment it says no appointments available.

Thanks

aliabbas

Post by aliabbas » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:17 pm

Sarzefa wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:22 pm
aliabbas wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:09 pm
Sarzefa wrote:
Hi,
19th Oct:(
Keep us updates pls if you do get any details tks

Oria
Libya

Post by Oria » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:51 pm

Hi,
Can someone pls advise when I should return my BRP to Home Office? I had my virtual ceremony today but I will not receive my certificate until next week, Tuesday or Wednesday.

Shall I wait until I receive my certificate or send my BRP tomorrow?