ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried Partner Visa but living separately

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

transpondia-2011

Post by transpondia-2011 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:15 am

Lucapooka wrote:
transpondia-2011 wrote:So nothing has changed and the information in this thread (certainly from my perspective and my input is not out of date)! Other than generating traffic for your own site, how do you think you are helping this discussion?
Hello Lucapooka, I checked 'your input'. You have cited from section GEN 1.2 of Appendix FM. This document was laid before Parliament last month and as such represents a change in rules I have been referring to.

If you want to assert that nothing has changed, please show what was in place BEFORE last month and compare them. With particular emphasis to what must be in place on the day of application.

And to your other alllegation, Transpondia has no need to generate traffic or to otherwise inflate awareness. And if it did, this forum would be the poorest of the various alternatives available. Facebook and Twitter are much more effective.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:35 am

Yes, the rules have changed but in the context of unmarried partner, and of this discussion, the requirement to have lived together for two years akin to marriage has not changed one iota. So I don't understand what you are trying to say. You seem to be offering hope where I fear there is none.

An applicant applying as an unmarried partner or same sex partner must have been living with their partner for at least two years prior to the date of application. Applicants applying as an unmarried partner or same sex partner will be expected to supply documentary evidence that they have been living together in a relationship akin to a marriage or civil partnership for at least two years (see Section FM 9.1 to this Section).

transpondia-2011

Post by transpondia-2011 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:53 am

Lucapooka wrote:Yes, the rules have changed but in the context of unmarried partner, and of this discussion, the requirement to have lived together for two years akin to marriage has not changed one iota. So I don't understand what you are trying to say. You seem to be offering hope where I fear there is none.

An applicant applying as an unmarried partner or same gender partner must have been living with their partner for at least two years prior to the date of application. Applicants applying as an unmarried partner or same gender partner will be expected to supply documentary evidence that they have been living together in a relationship akin to a marriage or civil partnership for at least two years (see Section FM 9.1 to this Section).
Hello Lucapooka, it would be very regrettable if I gave the interpretation that the UP visa was now more relaxed. They are TIGHTER. And as mentioned above, to my mind the new requirement is virtually impossible to qualify for. At least I cannot envision any simple scenario where somebody could actually qualify outside of a seriously well minted couple.

So to clarify in case anybody didn't get it: of all the various classes of migrants hit in the new changes, Unmarried Partners are arguably the worst off...

The citation you provided, by the way, is from FM and needs to be compared with the old rules in order to assert that nothing has changed. FM did not exist prior to June 2012, which means you are comparing Appendix FM to itself and saying the rules did not change. Please give a meaningful comparison...

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:21 pm

bsharrison12 wrote:Pennyless, you're definitely right in the fact that I do not wish to admit defeat! I will definitely consult a lawyer on the matter but I fear you are correct. How would you suggest that I go about getting my partner to apply for a work visa. She does not qualify for anything directly at the moment. Student visa is out of the question due to lack of funds.
If she does not meet the rules go and live with her or marry her. This rule has not changed and been the way of international relationships for Many Many years except now there is the luxury of not having to be married but just living together for 2 years

Bite the bullet and take some action - the same as many have done in the past and will do in the future
pennyless