ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for child of settled person

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:07 pm

Hello Chandra and others,

Should we need to meet the financial requirements / fill in the financial requirements section on Appendix 2 Form (or) just ignore that section as I read at multiple places on UKBA website that financial criteria does not apply to childrens joining parents where both the parents are settled in UK.

Please comment.

regards,
Muthu.

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:16 am

muthu24 wrote: Should we need to meet the financial requirements / fill in the financial requirements section on Appendix 2 Form (or) just ignore that section as I read at multiple places on UKBA website that financial criteria does not apply to childrens joining parents where both the parents are settled in UK.
Please can someone confirm ?

My understanding is as per the following - Section 128.6 - Parents and Children - STATEMENT OF INTENT: FAMILY MIGRATION

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... am-mig.pdf

UKIlr2012
Newly Registered

Post by UKIlr2012 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:05 pm

Thanks for the Link.

I had some sleepless nights trying to find the answer.

I am on ILR and my spouse on PBS dependent, I was willing to apply for settlement visa for my UK born son from India. Trying to find the answer whether Financial requirement is applied to my son's application but the link provided answer the question as FM does not apply to his application.

Many Thanks for the link can now prepare his application.

Regards

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:35 am

Thank you chandra for your detailed explanation for my queries.

I have filled the online application form (VAF4A). After filling and submitting the form online, a list of documents that need to be submiitd was given. In that list I found this -
-evidenc of contact between you and your sponsor, for example, letters, emails, telephone bills, etc.

1) My question is - for children (who are under 5 years) do we need to provide the evidence of contact? I thought it is only for partners or spouse etc. Also, in UKBA website, they never mentioned this for children VAF4A application. Can anyone please confirm this?

2) Also, when I subitted the VAF4A application online, it did not provide option for filling Appendix2 or Sponsorship Undertaking form online. Are these forms not required to be filled online?

3) There is no option to upload scanned documents online. Do we need to upload any scanned documents? Or should we just submit the paper documents at VFS?

4)Since parents passports and Biometric Card cannot be sent across countries to India, should we submit only photocopies of these?

Thanks everyone in advance.

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:50 am

Hi,
I found answers to questions 2) and 3) above by calling VFS call center. They said that there is no option to upload scanned documents online and Appendix2 and Sponsorship Undertkaing Form need not be submitted online.

Can anyone please answer questions 1) and 4) above.

Thanks in advance.

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi pullikanti

1) I didn't provide any documentary evidence. I wrote in the appendix2 that i was in contact with my son through video chatting and telephone. Also, i provided some photos that i took my son when i visited India recently. Actually, i submitted these photos for a different reason i.e my son's photo on his passport and expired UK visa was taken when he was days old. To help the case-worker relating old photo with new photo(with the current application), i submitted around 25 photos each of which was taken in a different month since he was born. Otherwise, they may ask you to get a new passport with a latest photo.

4) we should submit only photo copies of the biometric card.

Thanks,
Chandra Battini

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:34 pm

Hi UKIlr2012,

Please go through appendix2, Financial requirement is applicable in your son's case.

Thanks,
Chandra Battini

UKIlr2012
Newly Registered

Post by UKIlr2012 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi Chandra,

According to this its different and said FM is not required. Please through some lights

APPENDIX D: CATEGORIES AND HOW THEY ARE AFFECTED BY THE RULE CHANGES

Child born in the UK
who is not a British
citizen

Leave to enter or remain
(in line with parent/parents
whichever is the longer
period or leave in line with
parent with day to day
responsibility for child if
parents separated)
Indefinite leave to enter or
remain (if one parent is a
British citizen, has the
right of abode or ILR or
child in the sole care of a
local authority)

Was and remains
305.Appendix FM
does not apply.
Application can still
be made under
existing rules.

Requirements : No change

Many Thanks

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:05 am

csbattini wrote:Hi pullikanti

1) I didn't provide any documentary evidence. I wrote in the appendix2 that i was in contact with my son through video chatting and telephone. Also, i provided some photos that i took my son when i visited India recently. Actually, i submitted these photos for a different reason i.e my son's photo on his passport and expired UK visa was taken when he was days old. To help the case-worker relating old photo with new photo(with the current application), i submitted around 25 photos each of which was taken in a different month since he was born. Otherwise, they may ask you to get a new passport with a latest photo.

4) we should submit only photo copies of the biometric card.
Thank you very much Chandra. Your reply has been of great help to me. Even my younger son was 3 weeks old when his passport was taken and now he is 3 years old. So, as per your reply, I am also attaching some photographs of him. Thank you very much once again.

On Wednesday I have submitted the application online for both our kids. But when I take the printout of application form, it is asking for 'Applicant's signature' at the end.
So, my question is - since our kids are 5 and 3 years old, should we take the finger prints of our kids in the Signature box? Or should either mother or father sign there instead?

Thanks in advance,
pullikanti.

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:47 am

Hi,
In additin to my above queries in my previous post, can anyone please answer the below query as well.
When applying for visa for children of settled persons using form VAF4A, do we need to submit Sponsorship Undertaking Form (children are 5 years and 3 years old)?

Many thanks.

pan_hegde
Newly Registered

Post by pan_hegde » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:00 am

Hi pullikanti!

You take the printed application form to the VFS office and ask what has to be done. They ll guide you through. As you are applying on behalf of ur son I think its your signature that is required. I(mother) signed the application form for my son who is 5 months now and waiting for the issuance of visa.

To your next query. Yes you should submit sponsorship undertaking form SU07/12. Below is the link. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... p-form.pdf

Panchami Hegde Harsha

pan_hegde
Newly Registered

Post by pan_hegde » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:13 am

Hi!

As both the parents are not on ILR visa / British citizens. You are to meet the financial requirement.

UKIlr2012 wrote:Hi Chandra,

According to this its different and said FM is not required. Please through some lights

APPENDIX D: CATEGORIES AND HOW THEY ARE AFFECTED BY THE RULE CHANGES

Child born in the UK
who is not a British
citizen

Leave to enter or remain
(in line with parent/parents
whichever is the longer
period or leave in line with
parent with day to day
responsibility for child if
parents separated)
Indefinite leave to enter or
remain (if one parent is a
British citizen, has the
right of abode or ILR or
child in the sole care of a
local authority)

Was and remains
305.Appendix FM
does not apply.
Application can still
be made under
existing rules.

Requirements : No change

Many Thanks

pullikanti

Post by pullikanti » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:56 am

Panchami, thank you very much for the below reply.
pan_hegde wrote:Hi pullikanti!

You take the printed application form to the VFS office and ask what has to be done. They ll guide you through. As you are applying on behalf of ur son I think its your signature that is required. I(mother) signed the application form for my son who is 5 months now and waiting for the issuance of visa.

To your next query. Yes you should submit sponsorship undertaking form SU07/12. Below is the link. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... p-form.pdf

Panchami Hegde Harsha

csbattini
Newly Registered

Post by csbattini » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi UKIlr2012,

Apologies for my later reply. I was really bogged down with my office work. A lot initial discussion in this page is about conflicting info provided in UKBA website and UKBA India response. Information you may find in UKBA website may be true if you are applying VAF4A inside the UK. It may not be entirely true if you applying from outside the UK.

I believe you still need to meet FM requirement even if both you and your spouse holds ILR. To get confirmation, please contact UKBA India at Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk or Mumbai.VisaEnquiries@fco.gov.uk .

regards,
Chandra Battini

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:30 pm

I have submitted the application for my daughter with Appendix 2 but without filling in the financial requirement section - instead filling the maintenance section. Both of us are holding ILR and based on the information available on UKBA website, I believe the financial requirement section is not needed if both the parents are settled.

I checked with Chennai office but they wouldn't give a straight answer - as they asked to refer to appropriate guidance notes available.

Have to wait for the decision to find out whether I made the right assumption or not.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:22 am

muthu24 wrote:I checked with Chennai office but they wouldn't give a straight answer - as they asked to refer to appropriate guidance notes available.
In other words, they didn't know the answer?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

muthu24

Post by muthu24 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:59 am

vinny wrote:In other words, they didn't know the answer?
I hope they know the answer - for the sake of my application.

pan_hegde
Newly Registered

Post by pan_hegde » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:35 am

Hi Chandra Battini!

Did you get your child's visa??? I have applied for visa for my son in Bangalore on 21st feb. When I checked the status online it still says that it is under process. My ticket is booked for 30th of march which is 15 days away. Do you think I ll get the visa by then?

Thanks and Regards,
Panchami Hegde Harsha

csbattini wrote:Hi Muthu,

We’ve submitted 4A application with Appendix2 five days ago.
Although we tried to submit both Appendix1 and appendix2 with 4A application at VFSA centre in HYD , VFS person accepted only Appendix2 with 4A.
As per online 4A application(which is mandatory in India), appendix2 is the correct form for Kids of ILR or UK citizen parents.
Please read all my emails in this page. I’ve mentioned all the documents that you need to submit with 4A, and copied my emails communication with UKBA Chennai and Mumbai.
I think I’ve also posted the contents from the online application which says appendix2 is the correct form for Kids of ILR or UK citizen parents.

Best Regards,
Chandra Battini

sshanmug

Post by sshanmug » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:55 pm

Hi Pan Hegde,

As far as I have seen they take 90 days for ILR visa.

I am on same boat as that you. Can you please share the list of documents you have submitted for VFS?

Thanks and Regards,
Senthil

pan_hegde
Newly Registered

Post by pan_hegde » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:27 am

Ok. Did you apply already? One of my friend had applied a year back and she got the settlement visa for her daughter in just 10 days. I seriously dint have any idea that VISA process would take so long.

Below is the list of documents I submitted with photocopies:

1)Applicant's passport (Original and one photocopy)

2) Mothers passport old as well as new (photocopy)

3)Mothers residence permit(photocopy)

4)Father who is the sponsor passport, driving licence and visa(photocopy)

5)Marriage certificate(original and one photocopy)

6)Birth Certificate(original and one photocopy)

7)Sponsonship letter and cover letter from the sponsor(original and one photocopy)

8)Rental agreement, utility bill, Joint account holders declaration

9) Bank statements, Salary slips, P60 form(original and photocopy)

10)Sponsorship Undertaking Form SU07/12(original and one photocopy)

11)Company Accountant letter(original and one photocopy)

12)Letter from the Electoral office

13)Tuberculosis Detection Medical Certificate(original and one photocopy)

14) cover letter from the person applying on behalf of the child explaining the documents and the situation.

sshanmug wrote:Hi Pan Hegde,

I am on same boat as that you. Can you please share the list of documents you have submitted for VFS?

Thanks and Regards,
Senthil
Last edited by pan_hegde on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

pr123
Newly Registered

Is Sponsorship undertaking form required?

Post by pr123 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:35 am

Hi Pan Hegde,

Should we submit the Sponsorship undertaking form as well in order to apply for a child, as I understand that it is for relatives other than spouse/child only.
pan_hegde wrote:Ok. Did you apply already? One of my friend had applied a year back and she got the settlement visa for her daughter in just 10 days. I seriously dint have any idea that VISA process would take so long.

7)Sponsonship letter and cover letter from the sponsor(original and one photocopy)

Thanks and Regards,
Senthil

pan_hegde
Newly Registered

Re: Is Sponsorship undertaking form required?

Post by pan_hegde » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:44 am

Yes you should submit the sponsorship letter from the person(mother/father/) sponsoring the child's stay in the UK explaining the finances he/she has kept aside for the child.
pr123 wrote:Hi Pan Hegde,

Should we submit the Sponsorship undertaking form as well in order to apply for a child, as I understand that it is for relatives other than spouse/child only.
pan_hegde wrote:Ok. Did you apply already? One of my friend had applied a year back and she got the settlement visa for her daughter in just 10 days. I seriously dint have any idea that VISA process would take so long.

14) cover letter from the person applying on behalf of the child explaining the documents and the situation.

Thanks and Regards,
Senthil
Last edited by pan_hegde on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

pan_hegde
Newly Registered

Post by pan_hegde » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:48 am

Thanks and Regards,
Senthil

pr123
Newly Registered

Post by pr123 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:51 am

Thanks again. I assume that you are referring to sponsorship undertaking form (point 10) as opposed to the Sponsorship letter mentioned in point (7) of your documents.

pan_hegde wrote:Yes you should submit the sponsorship letter from the person(mother/father/) sponsoring the child's stay in the UK explaining the finances he/she has kept aside for the child.

Thanks and Regards,
Senthil

pan_hegde
Newly Registered

Post by pan_hegde » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:56 am

I am referring to point 7)Sponsonship letter and cover letter from the sponsor(original and one photocopy). Its always better to explain everything in detail so better submit the sponsorship letter from the person sponsoring.

You fill in this form as per the format available online.

You fill in the
pr123 wrote:Thanks again. I assume that you are referring to sponsorship undertaking form (point 10) as opposed to the Sponsorship letter mentioned in point (7) of your documents.

pan_hegde wrote:Yes you should submit the sponsorship letter from the person(mother/father/) sponsoring the child's stay in the UK explaining the finances he/she has kept aside for the child.