ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Famil Permit- applied today 16.01.13

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aine002

Post by Aine002 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:49 pm

Hi all!!!
Here we are, still in Poland. Unfortunately Ryan air did not let my husband to board on the plane. Honestly i had feeling that it might end up like this.
Sad part of this story is that airline stuff on the airport in Krakow is not aware of EU law at all!! The only person who new anything, was a guy on the drop bag desk for non-eu nationals. He told me that he is sure that my husband can fly to UK just on the resident permit from Poland but he just need confirmation. He called one lady (i wrote her name) to make confirmation. She told us that my husband doesn't have sufficient documents to travel to UK. When i asked her what she mean, she told that he need some kind of stamp in his passport. I asked her: do you mean visa or EEA Family permit? She did not know what is EEA Family permit, and she told that she doesn't know if it visa or not but it is some kind of stamp.
Moreover, she refused to call to UKBA 24/7 phone line, and she did not let us talk with their ICO.
At last, when i told her that my husband can travel with me anywhere in Europe, she said that i can go anywhere but he need visa!!
I could understand that she did not let him board on the plane to UK, but talking rubbish like this is just clearly showing that she has no idea about rules around Europe!
Any way, for us is over now, my husband went to Hamburg Germany to day and we will try our luck there, and maybe in few months again we will apply for EEA FP.
I decide also that i will make complain to Solvit about UK embassy in Warsaw. I will include in it, that they do not have rights to ask for any other documents than our marriage certificate and passport.
Yesterday i talked with few of my friends from Cyprus, all of them, who are married, they are getting EEA FP in Nicosia without any problem and without submitting any other documents than marriage certificate and passports.
Plus a friend of my friend board on the plane to UK from Ryan Air in Cyprus just with his marriage certificate and yellow slip (5 years residence permit form Cyprus). If i will manage to get more details about this i will post it.
Let's hope that soon EU will resolve this problems :)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:56 pm

Ainee02 - an airline is afraid of receiving a fine. As far as the UK is concerned, you would have been insufficiently documented. I would suggest you pursue having the refusal for the family permit reconsidered. As I recall, there was no basis in law for the refusal.

Aine002

Post by Aine002 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:03 pm

Yes, i understand that airlines are afraid and I am not angry about not letting my husband board on the plane. The thing witch is concerning me is that they are not aware of our rights. She can not tell me that she doesn't know what is EEA FP and that my husband need visa to travel with me around the Europe while having resident permit from Poland. that mean that if we will try to fly from Krakow again, with the same airlines and he is not gonna have visa to country of our destination, they will also refuse him?
We will appeal but only when we will have address in Germany. We can't sit in Poland for another weeks and wait for answer from them. We have another 3 weeks so i hope till that time we will rent flat in Germany and than we will appeal.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:24 pm

AINE, I knew you won't get pass rynair, this people are the most stubbornly ignorant carrier I have known.

I lost my German residence card, albeit I have applied for a new one and it takes a month to get it back as it is being printed in Berlin, I had to travel to Austria between this time, I had thought this airline is cheaper and I booked to travel with them.

At the airport I explained the situation to the attendant, with a letter from the German immigration stating I have a residence card for 5 years blah blah,

This lady was not interested in all of that, she took my passport and the letter to the German immigration police office situated at the airport in which they told her, this person is allowed to travel anywhere in the EU, she came back still adamant she would not let me board.

I went myself to make a complaint to the border police unknowing she had been to them, the guy told me she was here and this is what they told her, the guy further ask why am i flying with rynair anyway? He said I should book my ticket with a different carrier and nobody will even bother if I have residence or not.

So I did book with lufthansa to fly the next day, I waltz on board without having to explain why I am not in possession of my residence card.

I knew it was a failed experiment from the start since you chose to fly with rynair. I will never in my life fly with this people even if they fly Africa for a tenner

Aine002

Post by Aine002 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:06 pm

Frei i agree with you. I will also never again fly with them. The reason i chose Ryan air is that i found here in this forum story about person who was flying with them and they refused his wife to board on the plane to UK, after a while he wrote that airlines pay him compensation and that they agreed that it was not wright for them to refuse her board on that plane and that Ryan air stuff is now well informed about EU law e.t.c.
Well what can i say, we tried, now we know how it looks :)

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:40 pm

Aine002 wrote:Hi all!!!
Here we are, still in Poland. Unfortunately Ryan air did not let my husband to board on the plane. Honestly i had feeling that it might end up like this.
Sad part of this story is that airline stuff on the airport in Krakow is not aware of EU law at all!! The only person who new anything, was a guy on the drop bag desk for non-eu nationals. He told me that he is sure that my husband can fly to UK just on the resident permit from Poland but he just need confirmation. He called one lady (i wrote her name) to make confirmation. She told us that my husband doesn't have sufficient documents to travel to UK. When i asked her what she mean, she told that he need some kind of stamp in his passport. I asked her: do you mean visa or EEA Family permit? She did not know what is EEA Family permit, and she told that she doesn't know if it visa or not but it is some kind of stamp.
Moreover, she refused to call to UKBA 24/7 phone line, and she did not let us talk with their ICO.
At last, when i told her that my husband can travel with me anywhere in Europe, she said that i can go anywhere but he need visa!!
I could understand that she did not let him board on the plane to UK, but talking rubbish like this is just clearly showing that she has no idea about rules around Europe!
Any way, for us is over now, my husband went to Hamburg Germany to day and we will try our luck there, and maybe in few months again we will apply for EEA FP.
I decide also that i will make complain to Solvit about UK embassy in Warsaw. I will include in it, that they do not have rights to ask for any other documents than our marriage certificate and passport.
Yesterday i talked with few of my friends from Cyprus, all of them, who are married, they are getting EEA FP in Nicosia without any problem and without submitting any other documents than marriage certificate and passports.
Plus a friend of my friend board on the plane to UK from Ryan Air in Cyprus just with his marriage certificate and yellow slip (5 years residence permit form Cyprus). If i will manage to get more details about this i will post it.
Let's hope that soon EU will resolve this problems :)

ohh,sorry to hear that aine,really sorry,i hope u get better luck next time you try,if u choose to do so from germany.!!
i think u can still complain and apeal and while u are waiting,u can still give it another go..my personnel advice is you and your husband,you take a train or bus from germany to london(via calais) and try at the borders with just your passports and marriage certificate and proofs that u were living together in poland(residence card of your hubby,tenancy agreement,bills on your names)and print out all the necessary case laws,eu treaty rights documents,everything that it will show then and proove to them that u don't need a visa for your husband and that his rights of free movement derive from your rights as an EEA/EU citizen,story short,they have really little grounds to stop u,plus ,they can just stop u only on grounds of (public health, public policy, national security) thats all,and im sure both of u are not in anyway concerned..
my best guess is take the train or bus and try it rather than paying for another plane tickets and then u are going to loose your money again because of someone who is incompetent and doesn't know the eu rules and might stop u from boarding the plane.
the bus from germany would be better option by the way..you can travel from humburg to london for just 93 euro each(16.5 hours journey) it could be cheaper if u can go from cologne(69 euro)each.(12.15 hour) to london.

https://www.eurolines.de/index.php?id=1 ... personen=2

i think if u get a look in the forum,there is a couple who done it with this route (by bus)..i wish all the best and good luck ..keep us updated on how it goes.
UK------++++-------****

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:57 pm

Aine perhaps if you seek compensation from Ryan air they will allow your flight if they are to admit that it was wrong of them not to let both of you fly.

I think I read about someone who actually managed to get airlines to confirm with UKBA that they are allowed to enter UK.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:20 am

Aine002 wrote:Frei i agree with you. I will also never again fly with them. The reason i chose Ryan air is that i found here in this forum story about person who was flying with them and they refused his wife to board on the plane to UK, after a while he wrote that airlines pay him compensation and that they agreed that it was not wright for them to refuse her board on that plane and that Ryan air stuff is now well informed about EU law e.t.c.
Well what can i say, we tried, now we know how it looks :)
hi AINE,this might interest u,u may get compensation from rayane air and they can let u board next time..found this in the forum:

***Surprisingly to me, Ryanair admitted that they did a mistake when refusing to board my wife on a flight from Germany to London. I am non-UK EU-citizen and my wife is non-EU citizen holding a non-UK EU residence card. They issued a 250 euro compensation according to regulation 261/2004. I would suggest to everyone who has been refused boarding by Ryanair in this situation to claim this compensation. I don't think they have a good reason to grant it on one case and refuse it in another.

Further more, Ryanair said they have instructed their stuff accordingly. If true, this would mean that Ryanair is now officially boarding passengers without a family permit visa.****

in this thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 708#739708

i hope this would help.
UK------++++-------****

Aine002

Post by Aine002 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:05 pm

Yes i saw this topic before. I am writing to the official letter wright now. I have name of the stuff who did not let us board on that plane. We shall what the answer will be :)

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:55 pm

Aine002 wrote:Yes i saw this topic before. I am writing to the official letter wright now. I have name of the stuff who did not let us board on that plane. We shall what the answer will be :)
yes AINE,do that and keep us updated..!!good luck..
what about u pablito any updates??any response from the embassy..??
UK------++++-------****

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:38 am

Pablito wrote:Aine perhaps if you seek compensation from Ryan air they will allow your flight if they are to admit that it was wrong of them not to let both of you fly.

I think I read about someone who actually managed to get airlines to confirm with UKBA that they are allowed to enter UK.
any news pablito??
UK------++++-------****

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:39 am

any news from your side aine..??
UK------++++-------****

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:56 am

Hi all

We got our visa today(schengen) just after 1 day of application in Swiss embassy. The visa is category C valid for 1 year with multiple entry, stay up to 90 days, valid for any schengen state.

No problems about any marriage of convenience, we just registered marriage in Poland by post, and got multi language certificate from registrar.

By the way, may I also add that we only applied for 60 days stay with single entry and there was no prior appointment needed.

Aine002

Post by Aine002 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Hi everyone!!

Pablito congratulations! Where you guys gonna go now? You will still try for UK?
We applied again for EEAFP, let see, hopefully by end of this week some answer will come. This time i wrote huge, few pages cover letter and i address in it all the things witch i have against my husband previous refusal.
Plus i got e-mail from European Commission. I wrote to them few weeks ago about me and my husband traveling together to UK without visa. They replied that with his papers from Cyprus (which is 5 years resident permit, and is written there that he is family member of EU citizen) he can travel with me to UK without visa. I gave copy of this e-mail to embassy as well. I register on one of the UK job websites and gave them printouts of this, and my previous payslips and CV and everything what they wrote in our previous refusal.

I send written complain to Ryan air to Ireland. The replied me quickly, asking for all documents that we had with us on the airport that day when they didn't let my husband board on the plain. Now I am waiting for them to respond.

Solvit also send me e-mail. They want all the documents we submit to UK embassy last time. So soon I am going to send them everything. If i will have any news i will post and update :) good luck to all of you

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:50 pm

Aine

Our first visit will be to Switzerland, we have some friends there so they will keep us safe until we can see what happens next.

UK, well the only reason I may want to be back there is my education and possibility that we cannot get job in Switzerland, but most likely at some point we will travel there(UK) by land. I am happy for you that you fight for your rights, our country had been long time persecuted. Time to get what is ours.

Good luck and hope to keep in touch about the whole situation.

Hope your husband is doing well....

Aine002

Post by Aine002 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi everyone!

We got mail from British embassy today:

Dear Sir,

I am sending this email to inform you that your application for UK visa has already been processed and you were granted the visa.

So now we are waiting for my husband's passport to arrive by post. I am so happy, i would not expect this to happen :)

Pablito
Member of Standing
Poland

Post by Pablito » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:44 pm

Aine002 wrote:Hi everyone!

We got mail from British embassy today:

Dear Sir,

I am sending this email to inform you that your application for UK visa has already been processed and you were granted the visa.

So now we are waiting for my husband's passport to arrive by post. I am so happy, i would not expect this to happen :)
Aine I am very happy for you, could you please tell me how did you fill out your application form? did you provide them all the details and stuff? how about Ryanair and Solvit?

Good luck to both of you, what will be your destination if you don't mind asking? :)

Good luck again

Aine002

Post by Aine002 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:04 pm

Pablito!

At this point i am not going to make complain to Solvit about them.
Ryan air still wants some more documents to send them but this include my husband passport so as soon as we will get it from embassy i will fax to them everything what they need.

In application o-line for visa, in each and every place where they asked about tax, income etc. we put not required for EEA Family Permit, but we gave them our bank statement and my previous pay slips from Cyprus and Holland, and also my resident permit from Cyprus because to get it i needed to have job. I wrote to them also a big letter where i prove my rights to them and that previous refusal was incorrect.

The main thing in our previous refusal was this, that I am not qualify person and they do not know if i ever worked and i can speak English so i submit my resident permit from Cyprus to show that i did work there. That is all. I think this time our case was with somebody else and we were very lucky.

In the letter i wrote to them, at the end i told that if they will refuse to give to my husband EEAFP i will make written complain to Solivt and European Commission. I also added e-mail from Europe Direct where they wrote to me that with resident permit from Cyprus my husband can travel to UK without visa.

Actually I am thankful to you because you post here your letter witch you send to embassy and i used a bit of it in my one. My English is not good enough to write professional letter but thanks to you i manage it :)

We are going to London where we have lots of friends. That is main reason we wanted to move to UK, we have where to stay and many links for jobs :)

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:23 am

ANY NEW'S AINEE/PABLITO..??
UK------++++-------****

Aine002

Post by Aine002 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:55 am

Hi there! I am enjoying UK. We didn't have any problem on the airport. We flew to Luton. They just asked few standard questions, like how much money we have, where we gonna stay, do we a job and then they put stamp in my husband passport. That is it. Soon we will apply for EEA2. Thank you very much for all you're help and assist.

ukforever
Member of Standing

Post by ukforever » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:29 am

Aine002 wrote:Hi there! I am enjoying UK. We didn't have any problem on the airport. We flew to Luton. They just asked few standard questions, like how much money we have, where we gonna stay, do we a job and then they put stamp in my husband passport. That is it. Soon we will apply for EEA2. Thank you very much for all you're help and assist.

hi ainee ,so happy for u..can u just please explain to us how did u pass the check in desk without a visa,can u explain also in details please what plane u took,company name,what kind of questions the immigration officers asked u and what did u reply,it would be very helpful from u to just explain please so u might help others..thanks.

wuyiibisomi
Newly Registered
Estonia

Re: EEA Famil Permit- applied today 16.01.13

Post by wuyiibisomi » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:13 pm

Hi guys,

Admins please kindly move this post to the right topic or thread.

I am a Non-Eu family member of and EU citizen .I was wrongfully denied boarding a Ryanair flight from Tallinn, Estonia into the UK .I was trying to exercise my EU free movement travelling right by travelling with my EU citizen spouse without the required EEA family permit. I had in my possession proves like Marriage certificates ,children birth certificates e.t.c . I even checked at the airport 2 weeks before my flight with the check in assistance . Handing them relevant related documents including the EU free movement directive and others.The lady never seem to be interested and wanted me to provide a letter from the UK Embassy stating that it is indeed possible for me to get a Code1 stamp at the port of entry .I was denied boarding on the plane and couldn't travel with my family. I have been issued 2 EEA family permits in the past but the last one had expired 2 weeks before my flight . I didn't have enough time to apply for another one .And I thought I would try my luck with Ryanair. This was unsuccessful .I eventually had to travel to Germany on the same day to apply for a new EEA permit. This was granted after 3 weeks and I have since then joined my family in the UK .
Main reason why I am writing this post is to share my experience with other members and also ask how I could make a compensation claim from Ryanair.I did receive in writing the reason why I was denied boarding which included the name of the check-in agent.

I would like to seek advice from members who had previously claimed compensation from Ryanair or other airlines successfully . Most importantly what email should I write to ?And what details and information is needed to be highlighted ? And in this case how much am I entitled to claim ? (Please note that while trying to board the plane I had with me an Estonian residence permit that does not state that I am a family member of an EU citizen) My intention was to get a Code 1A stamp at the airport in the UK .

Admin : Please kindly move this to the appropriate thread.

Hope to get a response soon and thanks in advance

Best Regards

Ade