ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR with a simple caution for theft

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

priyadri

Post by priyadri » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:51 pm

And yes I did mention to the case worker that I have done a disclosure scotland report and the caution doesnt appear there but I want to be honest so I am declaring it.

The case worker was not interest to see the report so I didnt bother to give :-)

Jus make it explicit in the form that there is no place to declare a caution but you want to be honest so you are declaring in the space in section 7. Also, dont write reason of caution and such things just tell when and show you are sorry. Mention details in cover letter so if they want you can give it.

Hope all these details help

panmetrix24
Newly Registered

Post by panmetrix24 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:57 pm

@ Priyadri - congrats one again! This certainly has given hope to people with similar cases. Thanks for sharing.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:03 pm

priyadri wrote:Hi All,

I have got my ILR approval letter. Thanks to everyone on this forum especially Gagan, Alanwong and uksettlement. I know the pressure I went through so I dont want the rest of the guys to go through the same hence below is a detailed story:

I went to Solihull PEO, this PEO is the best as they actually checked my application completely including the caution. I had ticked 'NO' to all the question in section 7 including 7.10 but explained the caution in the additional space.
The case worker read the caution details and asked me what was the caution for and I confirmed that it was for shoplifting. She said OK.
The thing that worked in my favour was I got the caution in Oct 2011 (17 months from date of application) but I did my Tier 2 ICT Visa extension in July 2012 where my company had not declared the caution.
So, the case worker asked was confident as she said this caution has already appeared in our system during the Tier 2 extension and they are aware of it. I said OK and kept quite.
The case worker then confirmed that caution is OK doesnt matter it is just a warning. She was a experienced British person in her late 40's and I am sure she would know about the rule changes but she said its fine.

Later she took my last month's salary slip and bank statement. One document for cohab, Life in UK test certificate, Company letter and thats all.
She went and did some checks and said its all fine. This caution wont impact and your application will go through given the fact that you have no criminal conviction and the payment goes through.

I did my biometric and over there you just have to mention where was your last biometric taken so I said for my Teir 2 ext lucky I had done my ext after my police caution so I didnt had to mention the police station but I dont think that matters.

Then I waited for 20 mins and a person from reception said its all fine come i 2 hours. I went after 2 hours and they handed over the letter and original docs to me.

So, all fine. I can confirm that the caution doesnt impact.

Also, please dont go to any solicitors this forum can help much more than any solicitors they havent got a clue about anything can are just there to take your money.

All the best to the rest of the guys. Drop me a note if you need any help.
Congrats once again. It's always good to say what is just asked for and keep quiet. You did the right thing. Now move freely and grab the opportunities you always wanted to grab

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:05 pm

Congrats priyadri and welcome to ILR club.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

priyadri

Post by priyadri » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:08 pm

Thanks Guys...

alanwong

Post by alanwong » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:13 pm

priyadri wrote:Hi All,

I have got my ILR approval letter. Thanks to everyone on this forum especially Gagan, Alanwong and uksettlement. I know the pressure I went through so I dont want the rest of the guys to go through the same hence below is a detailed story:

I went to Solihull PEO, this PEO is the best as they actually checked my application completely including the caution. I had ticked 'NO' to all the question in section 7 including 7.10 but explained the caution in the additional space.
The case worker read the caution details and asked me what was the caution for and I confirmed that it was for shoplifting. She said OK.
The thing that worked in my favour was I got the caution in Oct 2011 (17 months from date of application) but I did my Tier 2 ICT Visa extension in July 2012 where my company had not declared the caution.
So, the case worker asked was confident as she said this caution has already appeared in our system during the Tier 2 extension and they are aware of it. I said OK and kept quite.
The case worker then confirmed that caution is OK doesnt matter it is just a warning. She was a experienced British person in her late 40's and I am sure she would know about the rule changes but she said its fine.

Later she took my last month's salary slip and bank statement. One document for cohab, Life in UK test certificate, Company letter and thats all.
She went and did some checks and said its all fine. This caution wont impact and your application will go through given the fact that you have no criminal conviction and the payment goes through.

I did my biometric and over there you just have to mention where was your last biometric taken so I said for my Teir 2 ext lucky I had done my ext after my police caution so I didnt had to mention the police station but I dont think that matters.

Then I waited for 20 mins and a person from reception said its all fine come i 2 hours. I went after 2 hours and they handed over the letter and original docs to me.

So, all fine. I can confirm that the caution doesnt impact.

Also, please dont go to any solicitors this forum can help much more than any solicitors they havent got a clue about anything can are just there to take your money.

All the best to the rest of the guys. Drop me a note if you need any help.
Hi, Priyadri
My warmest congratulations on your success and many thanks for sharing your experience here with us. This will greatly help people with similar situation and relieve them. Good luck with you in the future.

samscott333
Newly Registered

ukba and simple police caution

Post by samscott333 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:16 am

Well, I have been fighting the UKBA for a while and I would say that if you have a strong case, a caution should not really affect you. IN my case, I had a caution well within the 24 months allowable and I got an extension. I actually applied after the 13th Dec 2012. My case has wife and kids involved who are actually citizens of the UK so i was willing to fight all the way.
The UKBA did not bother to drag it out with me, they just game me my extension.

So, just make sure your case is tight and you should be fine. Stay away from trouble. :D

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:41 am

For ILR, where the applicant has a police caution s(he) should be refused for a 24 months period. If that time hasn't lapsed, you should extend.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.