ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF 5 application form

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:20 pm

Should an ECO accuse a couple of being party to a marriage of convenience, they ought to give the couple the opportunity to refute that. They should have offered the possibility of an interview.

Watandar
Netherlands

Post by Watandar » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:58 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Should an ECO accuse a couple of being party to a marriage of convenience, they ought to give the couple the opportunity to refute that. They should have offered the possibility of an interview.
I agree, thats why I mentioned my UK mobile number and e-mail address in my first cover letter. But they failed to call/e-mail me or my wife

EUsmileWEallsmile
You might also consider appealing the decision.

(More minor issue, but also complain about TB certificate).
I am considering to appeal as well (and re-apply at the same time). In order to appeal, my wife has to fill in the following document and sent it to the mentioned address and that it right?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ration.pdf

I am considering an oral hearing. Should I contact a sollicitor? I have contacted a sollicitor before (when we applied the first times) but I had the feeling the 2 sollicitor I contacted for advise did not really know EU laws and they were advising me what to do in accordance to UK immigration laws.

Watandar
Netherlands

Post by Watandar » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:54 am

A friend of mine (UK national) has attended our wedding. Would it be wise to add his statement + copy if his UK passport and wedding pictures of him and us when we re-apply?

Watandar
Netherlands

Post by Watandar » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:38 pm

Hi,

We re-applied for EEA family permit on 08-07-2013. We received on 22-07 en e-mail that Gerry has sent out application to the high commission and on 24-07 gerry's sent us a sms to pick up the passport. My wife picked her passport today with the familu permit :).

I would like to thank EUsmileWEallsmile for his help.

Just a small question. Can we visit The Netherlands for a week with the family permit? Or do we have to wait till she has her EEA2 before we can go on holiday?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Watandar wrote:Hi,

We re-applied for EEA family permit on 08-07-2013. We received on 22-07 en e-mail that Gerry has sent out application to the high commission and on 24-07 gerry's sent us a sms to pick up the passport. My wife picked her passport today with the familu permit :).

I would like to thank EUsmileWEallsmile for his help.

Just a small question. Can we visit The Netherlands for a week with the family permit? Or do we have to wait till she has her EEA2 before we can go on holiday?
This is excellent news. Be sure to follow up and complain about the treatment you received (TB certificate, etc).

Unfortunately, you cannot use a family permit to visit the Netherlands. You can apply for a Schengen visa or wait for the residence card to be issued.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:40 am

[quote]Unfortunately, you cannot use a family permit to visit the Netherlands. You can apply for a Schengen visa or wait for the residence card to be issued[/quote].

Sorry EUsmileWEallsmile, please please tell me this is not the case!!! :? i already got my ticket for myself and my baby who only got family permit, we are travelling to Paris. i have EEA2 permit and we are joining my hubby who is having medical treatment there. oh god dont tell me i will be stop the trip is for thursday so no time to get visa now pfffffffff
GOD BLESS!!!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:08 pm

@ fatimahh, it depends on how you travel. If you get to a border, you should be able to argue your case and enter. If you intend to fly, you may be denied boarding.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:03 am

[quote]@ fatimahh, it depends on how you travel. If you get to a border, you should be able to argue your case and enter. If you intend to fly, you may be denied boarding.[/quote]

thank you EUsmileWEallsmile for your reply, i am traveling with Eurostar and if denied access will try with the coach as i need to be there to help. I will update on the outcome.
GOD BLESS!!!

Watandar
Netherlands

Post by Watandar » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:06 pm

Hi,

According to HM revenue and customs I quality for (working) tax credit. If I apply for working tax credit, wil that have influence on my wives (non EU national) RP (EEA2)?

I am EU national, wife is non EU national. I work full time (38h p/w). I have never applied for housing benifit, council tax benefit or any other benefit.

Do non EU spouses of EU national subject to immigration controle?

Thank you for your help.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:10 pm

According to HM revenue and customs I quality for (working) tax credit. If I apply for working tax credit, wil that have influence on my wives (non EU national) RP (EEA2)?

I am EU national, wife is non EU national. I work full time (38h p/w). I have never applied for housing benifit, council tax benefit or any other benefit.

Do non EU spouses of EU national subject to immigration controle?

Thank you for your help.
This would not affect your status of worker and so would not affect your family member's application.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:58 pm

Just a quick update regarding travelling with 6 month family permit.
I was able to travel to Paris not without fighting my case though. Because EUsmileWEallsmile already advised me, i arrive at St Pancras very early ready to fight loool. i finally had to show them the hubby medical report before they let me in with my daughter based on a compassionate ground according to the officer :D !
I was told that the family permit was just a uk visa and could not travel with it to EU country!!!
Now back to uk with sad news in my bags :( , the trip and all the hassle was finally not worth it...........
GOD BLESS!!!

Watandar
Netherlands

Post by Watandar » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi,

I want to apply for EEA1 and EEA2 for my wife. Can I send both application in 1 enveloppe? I have to send my EU passport with the EEA2 application form but in order to apply for EEA1, home office needs to have my passport as well. And for both application my paylips, employement contract are required. Can some one advise please?

Thank you.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:06 pm

I want to apply for EEA1 and EEA2 for my wife. Can I send both application in 1 enveloppe? I have to send my EU passport with the EEA2 application form but in order to apply for EEA1, home office needs to have my passport as well. And for both application my paylips, employement contract are required. Can some one advise please?

Thank you.
Both can go in the same envelope. Both will attract a fee. The EEA1 is not worth the bother frankly.

joneeboy
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by joneeboy » Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:40 pm

dublin3 wrote:
frei wrote:
rebel82 wrote:UKBA will ask you to produce the copy of EEA national's passport endorsed buy EEA national's country's embassy.
They will not accept a copy certified by Solicitor or anyone else.
Certified copy by a lawyer will be accepted, I know of someone did it just that way.
Hi Frei, With all the respect I had the experience in British High commission Dublin and I gave them a copy attested by the solicitor and they sent me back asking for copy endorsed by my spouse's country's embassy. So We went to the embassy it cost €30.00 to get that sorted.
When you apply, you should include all the documents that you can to show that you are a family member of an EEA national. These should include:

a copy of the EEA national's passport, endorsed by the EEA national's embassy in the country of application; and
proof of your relationship to the EEA national (for example, your birth certificate or marriage certificate); and
a letter from the EEA national, declaring that you are travelling with them or are joining them in the UK.
Also here is the link for full page.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... documents/
I find all this business about having to give a 'certified' copy of EEA Sponsor's passport very strange, because there has been at least a dozen times when my non EEAfamily members have submitted Form VAF5 in both China and Philippines with only COPIES of my Irish passport which they have got from scans I emailed to them, together with scans of my UK EU/EEA Permanent Residence Document.
However, I did always send a formal letter of support.
It is worth noting that unlike many other countries, in the UK neither a solicitor or anyone else can 'certify' a document which is not theirs. For example, a bank can certify copies of its statements, the registrars can certify birth, marriage and death certificates, and a doctor can certify your medical conditions etc. An English or Welsh Notary Public or a lawyer can certify your signature made before them on a document, but not your document itself. Stange, but true.But then again. unlike many other countries, sworn or certified documents are rarely needed in the UK, thank goodness.

afsarsal
Newly Registered

Re: Re:

Post by afsarsal » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:49 pm

Hi Frei, With all the respect I had the experience in British High commission Dublin and I gave them a copy attested by the solicitor and they sent me back asking for copy endorsed by my spouse's country's embassy. So We went to the embassy it cost €30.00 to get that sorted.
When you apply, you should include all the documents that you can to show that you are a family member of an EEA national. These should include:

a copy of the EEA national's passport, endorsed by the EEA national's embassy in the country of application; and
proof of your relationship to the EEA national (for example, your birth certificate or marriage certificate); and
a letter from the EEA national, declaring that you are travelling with them or are joining them in the UK.
Also here is the link for full page.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... documents/[/quote]
I find all this business about having to give a 'certified' copy of EEA Sponsor's passport very strange, because there has been at least a dozen times when my non EEAfamily members have submitted Form VAF5 in both China and Philippines with only COPIES of my Irish passport which they have got from scans I emailed to them, together with scans of my UK EU/EEA Permanent Residence Document.
However, I did always send a formal letter of support.
It is worth noting that unlike many other countries, in the UK neither a solicitor or anyone else can 'certify' a document which is not theirs. For example, a bank can certify copies of its statements, the registrars can certify birth, marriage and death certificates, and a doctor can certify your medical conditions etc. An English or Welsh Notary Public or a lawyer can certify your signature made before them on a document, but not your document itself. Stange, but true.But then again. unlike many other countries, sworn or certified documents are rarely needed in the UK, thank goodness.[/quote]
My client H&S which is a public notary giving services for those kind of certificates lots of countries. If you need just check http://www.notarypractice.com/countries/india.php