ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Marriage interview experience

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun May 26, 2013 9:55 am

Interestingly UKBA says that there is only a 40% attendance rate in Liverpool at these interviews, and they can not compel anyone to attend.

Considering the time of the day they start and the length of the interviews, it seems like a very expensive proposition in terms of:
(1) travel costs
(2) time off from work for the couple
(3) time of UKBA staff
(4) lawyer time and cost

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 26, 2013 9:59 am

In your opinion, are these interviews held randomly or due to some specific intelligence that UKBA may have. I suspect it is a mixture of both, but what I'm curious about is the random element.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun May 26, 2013 10:03 am

I do not have an opinion or at this point as to who they are targeting.

I do have a sense that they may be disproportionate and overly intrusive. I believe most of the people who are are interviewed could likely instead just provide additional evidence about their relationship history instead of attending.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 26, 2013 10:11 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote: I do have a sense that they may be disproportionate and overly intrusive. I believe most of the people who are are interviewed could likely instead just provide additional evidence about their relationship history instead of attending.
I would tend to agree with this. Also that in the event interviews are required, they could be held on a more national basis, rather than in one centre.

mian

Post by mian » Sun May 26, 2013 10:42 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Very interesting details. Thank you for writing them up.

Did you have to take a day off work?

Did you travel to the interview on the same day, or did you have to travel to Liverpool the day before?

Your wife's interview started at 10am and lasted 2hrs and 45min.
How long did your interview last? 4hr and 30min or just 1hr and 45min?
I take 4 days off, i booked hotel in loverpool and i been there 1 day before interview, my intrrview last about more than 1 and half hours
Total intervoew duration was 4 hours 30 minuts,

mian

Post by mian » Sun May 26, 2013 10:43 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:@sounds like it was a very expensive day - esp with solicitor there.
Interview cost me about £1600 , :)

mian

Post by mian » Sun May 26, 2013 10:45 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:In your opinion, are these interviews held randomly or due to some specific intelligence that UKBA may have. I suspect it is a mixture of both, but what I'm curious about is the random element.
After the interview i asked him why u call us for interview, he said we call everyone, i said everone mean all the peoples who applied for visa, he said no but most of the peoples,

mian

Post by mian » Sun May 26, 2013 10:50 am

One most important things ,

Before starting the interview, they bring ur file which u submit for visa, they check all ur documents and then after 10 minuts they cAll u for interview, and ur all documents are on the table of the interviwer and they raised the questions from ur documents as well,

Like they open ur and ur wife bank statment and they ask the question about some transactions frkm your statment
U know what i mean ?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 26, 2013 12:55 pm

mian wrote: After the interview i asked him why u call us for interview, he said we call everyone, i said everone mean all the peoples who applied for visa, he said no but most of the peoples,
It is certainly not the case that everyone is called for an interview, nor is it the case that most people are.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 26, 2013 12:58 pm

mian wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:@sounds like it was a very expensive day - esp with solicitor there.
Did you enquire about getting any help toward costs? I don't know much about your case and whether there were any reasonable grounds for requesting the interview in the first instance.

mian

Post by mian » Sun May 26, 2013 3:38 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
mian wrote:
Did you enquire about getting any help toward costs? I don't know much about your case and whether there were any reasonable grounds for requesting the interview in the first instance.
i dont care, if we get the visa, (its include, petrol, food, hotel booking, etccc)

they attached a page with my file, which writen name pic, data entry and its like my cv and and top of the page its writen Case completed time 5 july 2013 ,

its exactly 6 month after issued the COA ,
they count the time when they issued the COA not when we submit our file,

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun May 26, 2013 4:30 pm

@mian
I believe your experience is the most interesting and comprehensive one. And more than the case worker you yourself seems like be more observant regarding your case. I believe your interview must have been good but £1600 is really a big cost for that free application. All the best.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 26, 2013 10:18 pm

@mian,

I can understand why you wish to have your residence card.

The application timeline commences from the date you submitted your application. How long did you have to wait for COA?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun May 26, 2013 11:08 pm

mian wrote: top of the page its writen Case completed time 5 july 2013 ,

its exactly 6 month after issued the COA ,
they count the time when they issued the COA not when we submit our file,
Very interesting. You are very observant.

Were you given a copy of the form by any chance? Were they taking notes on it?

mian

Post by mian » Mon May 27, 2013 11:14 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:@mian,

The application timeline commences from the date you submitted your application. How long did you have to wait for COA?
i receveid COA i think after 22 days , and definatly they count the days , when they issued the COA ,
coz i read the cover page of my File which they Attached it, its like photo copy page,
on the top of the page they right Project completed time, then my pic printed on this paper then further detail like data entry reference number etc etc,

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon May 27, 2013 7:58 pm

The application is made on the day the application is sent. A COA is required to be issued immediately, a residence card within six months of the application.

utobo
Newly Registered

Post by utobo » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:39 pm

mian wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:@mian,

i receveid COA i think after 22 days , and definatly they count the days , when they issued the COA ,
coz i read the cover page of my File which they Attached it, its like photo copy page,
on the top of the page they right Project completed time, then my pic printed on this paper then further detail like data entry reference number etc etc,
@ Mian,have you heard from them.how long was it before they made a decision?