ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:58 am

dub007 wrote:Thanks Kira so thats mean most of the people are in same boat.... Hope and pray for the best.
Yes, thousands of people are on the same boat as you. Its a waiting game really. Surely you'll hear from them as soon as possible. Like you said,hope and pray for the best
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:35 pm

News regarding the next citizenship ceremony may come after Easter holidays

NewIrish

Post by NewIrish » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:10 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:News regarding the next citizenship ceremony may come after Easter holidays
I hope so

what's ur source??

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:09 pm

NewIrish wrote:I hope so

what's ur source??
Just assumption, based on the intelligence of Ceremony Invitations I've gathered personally.

NewIrish

Post by NewIrish » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:13 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
NewIrish wrote:I hope so

what's ur source??
Just assumption, based on the intelligence of Ceremony Invitations I've gathered personally.
I hope they will announce early ceremony

they should change the ceremony thing to smaller one perhaps in court or something

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:31 pm

NewIrish wrote:they should change the ceremony thing to smaller one perhaps in court or something
That wont happen soon I think. Once in 2 months ceremonies with large New Irish saves INIS a lot of money.

Smaller ceremony or court will result in them spending more money. It comes down to savings for them.

I would have prefer where New Irish can opt to pay and attend private ceremony. I wish I was saying this to Alan Shatter myself. This will saves people's time

Soco

Post by Soco » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:23 am

Hi to everyone,

I apply on end of January 2012 for citizenship and in February LTR.
My LTR approved in December 2012.
I change Job and in January send documentation. Received a letter from further processing team saying that my application is process in a normal way and when theses process complete will submit to minister.

Regards
SoCo

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:51 am

NewIrish wrote:they should change the ceremony thing to smaller one perhaps in court or something
This is how it was before, and the thing is you would go before the judge in between a thief and a drug addict in a room full of people who commited offences.

I understand your point as it would make it a bit faster, but I kind of think that gathering eveyone toghether and having a minister coming in person to welcome people in the Irish Nation is nicer than sending them to court for their first day as an Irish citizen (on top of the cost saving IntegratedMigrant mentionned, which must definitly also be a factor).

NewIrish

Post by NewIrish » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:11 am

jeupsy wrote:
This is how it was before, and the thing is you would go before the judge in between a thief and a drug addict in a room full of people who commited offences.

I understand your point as it would make it a bit faster, but I kind of think that gathering eveyone toghether and having a minister coming in person to welcome people in the Irish Nation is nicer than sending them to court for their first day as an Irish citizen (on top of the cost saving IntegratedMigrant mentionned, which must definitly also be a factor).
valid point....

then perhaps they shouldn't wait until they get 3k or 4k applications...perhaps a smaller ceremonies (1k per ceremony) would be faster

eventually they will need to look into this...I do not think they will manage to approve 3k or 4k every couple of months as they will not have this number of applications anyway....

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:32 am

Yes fully agreed ... more than 3 months in between ceremonies would be pretty long and with the backlog clearing and the much smaller immigration flows in the past 5 years, there will be a lot less approvals in the near future.

moro1

Post by moro1 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:34 pm

Well another good factor of these ceremonies and the media coverage which go with them is the pressure they put on INIS. Before we nobody knowing what's going on they were able to just ignore everyone which they dove for years..

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:20 pm

Could someone please tell me what happens at the ceremony?
Is everybody individually called to come forward and sign something or are we just given the certs?

I just want to be informed of the correct procedure before i go there?

Thanks in advance

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:56 pm

CitationCj2 wrote:Could someone please tell me what happens at the ceremony?
Is everybody individually called to come forward and sign something or are we just given the certs?

I just want to be informed of the correct procedure before i go there?

Thanks in advance
Right now, you will get the Cert on a desk which will be written and instructed on the ceremony invitation letter. You will get the cert prior to the ceremony being started.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:38 pm

And to answer your specific question, people are not called out individually during the ceremony. At some point you have to say the declaration of fidelity to the State, but everyone does it at the same time, so no one will notice you.

You do have to sign the declaration of fidelity as well, but this is done beforehand at the registration.

Dochtúir
Newly Registered

Post by Dochtúir » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:42 pm

I have applied for naturalisation in feb 2012 whenever i call them they say we are waiting for garda report one of the lady told me they sent it in oct 2012 then i called garda vetting they said they are now sending reports for mid december i dont know they are giviing contradicting answers any idea

filish11

Post by filish11 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:39 am

I applied since Feb 2012 and after a week just received an acknowledgement by post that they receive my application. Since then, I haven't heard from them.

I rang them today and they said that they are waiting for Gardai report. Do you know how long will it take? It's been a year now and was just wondering if it's normally take that long for the Gardai report? What is the next process after the Gardai report? Can you also let me know what is the citizenship email address so that I could email them next month to ask for update of my application? Thank you so much.

viking

Post by viking » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:41 am

Hi, did any one get through the Citizenship phone line today?

I've tried several times but getting regular recorded message!

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:46 pm

filish11 wrote:I rang them today and they said that they are waiting for Gardai report. Do you know how long will it take?
It could take from today to 2 years really depending on your case

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:48 pm

filish11 wrote: It's been a year now and was just wondering if it's normally take that long for the Gardai report?
Its really not normally to take that long recently. Tell us more about your application. Have you any offenses i.e traffic offenses or ever being in the adversed attention of the Gardai

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:50 pm

filish11 wrote:What is the next process after the Gardai report?
Your application will enter an advanced stage, meaning that it is on the queue to be submitted to the Minister for decision.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:51 pm

filish11 wrote:Can you also let me know what is the citizenship email address so that I could email them next month to ask for update of my application? Thank you so much.
citizenshipinfo@justice.ie

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Dochtúir wrote:I have applied for naturalisation in feb 2012 whenever i call them they say we are waiting for garda report one of the lady told me they sent it in oct 2012 then i called garda vetting they said they are now sending reports for mid december i dont know they are giviing contradicting answers any idea
Sending the reports for Mid December does not mean that yours have been processed. For some reasons your report may still be with the Gardai for further investigation or something

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:56 pm

viking wrote:Hi, did any one get through the Citizenship phone line today?

Normally it could take up to 50 retires or more to get through them. Next time just keep ringing and whenever you hear the recorded message, turn it off and redial again immediately.

viking

Post by viking » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:05 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
viking wrote:Hi, did any one get through the Citizenship phone line today?

Normally it could take up to 50 retires or more to get through them. Next time just keep ringing and whenever you hear the recorded message, turn it off and redial again immediately.
Aha, got the drift! Thank You.

filish11

Post by filish11 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:15 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
filish11 wrote: It's been a year now and was just wondering if it's normally take that long for the Gardai report?
Its really not normally to take that long recently. Tell us more about your application. Have you any offenses i.e traffic offenses or ever being in the adversed attention of the Gardai
hi, I've been living in Ireland for 5 years and I don't have any traffic offense or ever been into any case with Gardai so I was wondering why does it take that long.