ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adult dependant Settlement Visa refused - Please advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Adult dependant Settlement Visa refused - Please advice

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:55 pm

michali wrote:I know Wanderers comments may sound harsh but it is as it is! However, each case is different and I have often seen the comment 'why did you emigrate and leave your parents in their home country'. Not all cases are like that though. For instance the children of my friend of whom I speak above were born in the UK and the parents went back to their country of origin when the children became adults. They always felt they could have returned to the UK upon retirement, as they could have until 2008 when the independent retiree visa was abolished. My friends husband died and she is now alone in the Caribbean where the cost of home care is extortionate. She is however not unable to look after herself at this point and that is why she was refused the Adult Dependent visa. We knew it would be refused but she decided to try anyway.

For those who, as young adults left their parents to go and live in the UK, it is still difficult. They were most likely encouraged to emigrate to improve their standard of living. They have made the UK their home, have good jobs and children who are doing well in school. They probably always felt that they would be allowed to bring their parents to live with them in the UK at some point. And now they have this dilemma.

We make our choices in life and they may not always be the best but I feel that the requirements for this particular visa are very harsh.
This ^

It expresses my opinion in a much better way than I could.

I might sound like an ogre, but I think we all have a duty to think ahead and not either put it aside, or hope the law will change, or hope it will just go away.

It's pretty poor kids can't reunite with their parents as it is, but there is a choice, it's up to you to exercise it or not.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....