ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT - Tier 2 General; Is ILR possible?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kal6789
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 ICT - Tier 2 General; Is ILR possible?

Post by kal6789 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:54 am

Hi, Could you pls help to understand whether I am eligible for ILR?
- UK 1st Entry Mar 2010 (Tier2 ICT visa valid for 2 years i.e. Mar2012)
- Left UK on Sept 2010 (moved to offshore)
- Applied for new visa from India for same company & same client (entered UK on Mar2011, visa valid for 1 year. Immigration department in my company was not sure whether I can travel back on same visa or not. To avoid any risk they asked me to apply for new visa.)
- Extended visa in UK (Tier2 ICT long term) on Mar 2012 for 2 years
- Another extension due in Mar2014
Is it possible for me to apply for ILR in Mar 2015?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:06 pm

what was the reason for your absence from the UK from Sept 2010 to March 2011?

kal6789
Newly Registered

Post by kal6789 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:00 am

manci wrote:what was the reason for your absence from the UK from Sept 2010 to March 2011?
For project requirement, I moved to offshore & was working on same assignment.

avipul
India

Post by avipul » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:27 am

Hi Experts,

As I have mentioned elsewhere on this thread, I am on ICT (Short term) since Jul-13, with my wife as my dependent. We are going to get the same converted into ICT Long term in Jul-14 from India, with my wife continuing as a dependent. My wife is preparing for PLAB and hoping to join an NHS Foundation program sometime at the end of 2014.

I have the following doubts-
1. Her visa is endorsed with 'No employment as doctor in training'. Do NHS Foundation programs (FY1/FY2) count as Doctor in training? Is she eligible for this program on her current visa?
2. If no, Any idea if NHS Trusts are allowed to sponsor doctors under T2 General Category for Foundation program?
3. Can she apply for converting to T2 General visa from UK? Or does she need to do it from India?
4. Can I apply for her T2 dependent from UK?

Thanks,
Vipul

avipul
India

Post by avipul » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:45 pm

avipul wrote:Hi Experts,

As I have mentioned elsewhere on this thread, I am on ICT (Short term) since Jul-13, with my wife as my dependent. We are going to get the same converted into ICT Long term in Jul-14 from India, with my wife continuing as a dependent. My wife is preparing for PLAB and hoping to join an NHS Foundation program sometime at the end of 2014.

1. Her visa is endorsed with 'No employment as doctor in training'. Do NHS Foundation programs (FY1/FY2) count as Doctor in training? Is she eligible for this program on her current visa?
2. If no, Any idea if NHS Trusts are allowed to sponsor doctors under T2 General Category for Foundation program?
3. Can she apply for converting to T2 General visa from UK? Or does she need to do it from India?

Thanks,
Vipul
Hi Manci, All other experts...
kindly share your view on my doubts...

amit1_ait
Newly Registered

Post by amit1_ait » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:23 am

Hi Experts,

Can you please help me with my below query?
I was originally granted Tier 2 ICT established staff visa valid for May'2010 - May'2012.
I stayed in UK for around 9 months b/w May'2010 - Feb'2011 then went back to my home country.
I entered into UK on the my same old visa in Feb'2012 and while being in UK, got it extended by 2 years till July'2014 under tier 2 ICT long term. I am in UK since Feb'2012.

Am I now eligible to switch to Tier 2 General category from inside UK itself?

Thanks a lot in advance for your time in answering to my query.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:06 am

amit1_ait wrote:Hi Experts,

Can you please help me with my below query?
I was originally granted Tier 2 ICT established staff visa valid for May'2010 - May'2012.
I stayed in UK for around 9 months b/w May'2010 - Feb'2011 then went back to my home country.
I entered into UK on the my same old visa in Feb'2012 and while being in UK, got it extended by 2 years till July'2014 under tier 2 ICT long term. I am in UK since Feb'2012.

Am I now eligible to switch to Tier 2 General category from inside UK itself?
yes, if you change sponsor

Thanks a lot in advance for your time in answering to my query.

avipul
India

Post by avipul » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:19 pm

avipul wrote:
avipul wrote:Hi Experts,

Thanks,
Vipul
Hi Manci, All other experts...
kindly share your view on my doubts...
Experts...pls pls do have a look at my queries. It would be great if these questions can be answered...
Thanks in advance for your precious time

sshiva
Newly Registered

Post by sshiva » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:32 am

Hi Experts,
Can you please advice, if i can apply for ILR
1. i came in UK on 2008 to 2009 (2 Years) in T2 General
2. I came back again in june 2010 under T2-ICT and after extension my current ICT visa is valid till 2016.

With combination of in any of the above , can i apply for ILR/PR, or do you think I have to switch over to T2-G

Reg
Shiva

MrIncredible
Newly Registered

Post by MrIncredible » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:31 am

Hi manci

I really appreciate the way you have been guiding everyone. I would really appreciate if you can answer one of my queries as well.

I entered UK on Tier 2 General Visa with in May 2013. I read one of your posts saying that to be eligible for ILR, one must be earning more than £35000 per annum if they apply after 6th April 2016.

My current salary is just under this limit. So my question is that - should my salary be constantly maintained above £35 k for this period of 5 years or do they consider the salary on date of application? I. E. Can I ask my employer for a raise and get this salary for say - last 2 of my 5 year period of stay in the UK?

THanks in advance.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:28 am

@MrIncredible
There will be a £35k salary threshold from April 2016 but you will only need to have at least this level of salary at the time of the ILR application. There will be an increase in the threshold from 2018 but the amount has not been announced yet.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:19 pm

manci wrote:@MrIncredible
There will be a £35k salary threshold from April 2016 but you will only need to have at least this level of salary at the time of the ILR application. There will be an increase in the threshold from 2018 but the amount has not been announced yet.
The threshold will in fact increase to £35.5k from 2018

guruc2007
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 ICT - Tier 2 General;

Post by guruc2007 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:06 pm

Hi All,

I am currently in UK and I got Tier 2 ICT in Sept 2010 and I will be completing 4 years in sept 2014.
I have following queries, could you kindly help me.

1) Will I be eligible to apply for PR ( Permanent residence) after completion of 5 years in T2 ICT
2)After completing 4 years in T2 ICT and then convert it to Tier 2 General ,will that 4 years count for PR?
3) If I change it to Tier 2 general, will I eligible for PR
4)If I have to change it Tier 2 General, can you please suggest me which agency/consultant will help me to grant the visa
5)Will agency offer me a job and T2 general visa together?
6) How much fees will be charged for converting it T2 General
7) Will I get a job before converting it to T2 General
8) I am planing to convert it T2 General, is this correct way.

Thanks
Guru

guruc2007
Newly Registered

Post by guruc2007 » Thu May 08, 2014 9:25 pm

HI, Could you kindly reply to me queries

mspr335
United Kingdom

Post by mspr335 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi ,

I am on Tier 2 ICT Established Staff visa. COS was issued on 27th March 2011 but visa was granted on 18th April 2011 valid upto 17th April 2014. My Visa is being extended by same sponsor and the new COS is valid from 18th May 2014 to 17th May 2016 as Tier 2 ICT Longterm staff.

Am I eligible to Switch to Tier 2 General.

Please let me know

thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri May 23, 2014 4:31 pm

@mspr335
if your initial visa was T2 Established Staff you are eligible to switch to T2G

mspr335
United Kingdom

Post by mspr335 » Tue May 27, 2014 9:46 pm

Hi Manci,

Thanks very much for your reply :-)

GP_Singh
Newly Registered

Post by GP_Singh » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:43 pm

********IMPORTANT******

Hi Manci, I have read the entire blog chain and your replies to multiple people. I appreciate your attitude to help.

Particularly, Are you sure that converting from Tier2 ICT to Tier 2 General will lead to ILR. Have you handled any such case. This is a general belief as I was also told the same by someone. But my solicitor tells me and claims she has got in writing from UKBA that even if anyone shifts from Tier2 ICT to General, the total time allowed in UK is 6 years. It is mandatory to leave UK after 6 year even if you convert to Tier 2 General. Please help clarifying.

tier2ictvisa2010
Sri Lanka

Post by tier2ictvisa2010 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:50 pm

Hi Manci ,
Appreciate your help/advise on the follows.
Ive been working in the uk Since October 2010 under a Tier 2 ICT visa. I was first granted leave under established staff for 2yrs upto October 2012. Since then Ive extended my visa for another 2yrs and this runs out in November 2014. Appreciate your advise on the below.
Understand that all is subject to my current sponsor willing to issue a new certificate of sponsorship. This is not a problem.

1) When it comes to the point of further extending my visa this November,
a) am i able to extend for a further 2yrs? And keep further extending every 2yrs?
Or
b) Am i only able to extend for a further 1yr which takes my total leave to 5yrs and then me having to leave the country in November 2015 for a 1year cooling off period before i apply
Again (from outside the uk) with the intention of re entering?
Or
c) Am i able to extend for a further 1yr which takes my total leave to 5yrs and there after can i keep extending every 2yrs for as long as I plan on staying in the uk, providing my current sponsor being willing to keep issuing a new certificate of sponsorship every 2yrs? Meaning once ive completed the initial 5yrs can i keep extending visa every 2yrs,without having to leave the uk for a 1year cooling off period?

2) Can i switch to Tier 2 General with a new sponsor (providng there is a new one to sponsor me)? And Will this mean i could go in for settlement after serving 5 new years under this new catagory (Tear 2 General)? Reading through some of your previous advises, my understanding is that this is possible.
If so could you help advise tier 2 general requirements if i am to switch to it inside the uk? Appreciate if you could share a link that refers to this

Thanks very much

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:47 am

tier2ictvisa2010 wrote:Hi Manci ,
Ive been working in the uk Since October 2010 under a Tier 2 ICT visa. I was first granted leave under established staff for 2yrs upto October 2012. Since then Ive extended my visa for another 2yrs and this runs out in November 2014. Appreciate your advise on the below.
Understand that all is subject to my current sponsor willing to issue a new certificate of sponsorship. This is not a problem.

a) am i able to extend for a further 2yrs? And keep further extending every 2yrs?
Or
b) Am i only able to extend for a further 1yr which takes my total leave to 5yrs and then me having to leave the country in November 2015 for a 1year cooling off period before i apply
Or
c) Am i able to extend for a further 1yr which takes my total leave to 5yrs and there after can i keep extending every 2yrs for as long as I plan on staying in the uk, providing my current sponsor being willing to keep issuing a new certificate of sponsorship every 2yrs? Meaning once ive completed the initial 5yrs can i keep extending visa every 2yrs,without having to leave the uk for a 1year cooling off period?
you can extend your T2 ICT leave as many times as you wish with a new CoS each time. The length of the extensions will depend on the sponsor but can be up to 5 years each time.

2) Can i switch to Tier 2 General with a new sponsor (providng there is a new one to sponsor me)? And Will this mean i could go in for settlement after serving 5 new years under this new catagory (Tear 2 General)? Reading through some of your previous advises, my understanding is that this is possible.
If so could you help advise tier 2 general requirements if i am to switch to it inside the uk? Appreciate if you could share a link that refers to this
you are eligible to switch to T2G in-country if you have a new sponsor but the max leave you can get will be to Oct 16 (6 years from your initial leave on T2). The reference is Immigration Rule 245HE(a)(iv)
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... MASTER.pdf
You will not be eligible for ILR on the 5 year route

Thanks very much

viraam123
Newly Registered

Post by viraam123 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:46 am

Dear Manci,
I have gone thru all the post mentioned this topic. If the Visa states as follows 'VISA TIER 2(INT COM TRAN) MIGRANT followed by COS number then you are in the category of pre 6 april 2010 rules.

In my case I work for a international Organization . I have my first Visa at entry to UK with the 'VISA TIER 2(INT COM TRAN) MIGRANT followed by COS number category only.

But my COS was raised on 18th June 2010. I was granted visa from 30th June 2010. I came to UK on 7th July 2010. I am now confused because all the people are querying have dates around 6th April. I raised request for transfer from Singapore only on 7th May. So will i be eligible for ILR.

Or otherwise if i switch to tier 2 general will i be eligible to apply for ILR. And will my period of 4 years will be counted or will my counter will reset.

thanks
Viraam

tier2ictvisa2010
Sri Lanka

Post by tier2ictvisa2010 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:26 pm

manci wrote:
tier2ictvisa2010 wrote:Hi Manci ,

Or
Or
you can extend your T2 ICT leave as many times as you wish with a new CoS each time. The length of the extensions will depend on the sponsor but can be up to 5 years each time.

you are eligible to switch to T2G in-country if you have a new sponsor but the max leave you can get will be to Oct 16 (6 years from your initial leave on T2). The reference is Immigration Rule 245HE(a)(iv)
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... MASTER.pdf
You will not be eligible for ILR on the 5 year route

Thanks very much

tier2ictvisa2010
Sri Lanka

Post by tier2ictvisa2010 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi Manci ,
Many Thanks for the feedback.

With regards to your reply on point 1c) on my query - Does that mean once my initial 5yrs is completed on October 2015, I can keep extending my stay, without having to leave the uk, providng my current tear 2 ict sponsor issues me a new cos?
And can I keep extending like this indefinetely providing they keep issuing a new cos every time it expires(without ever having to leave the country)?
My current sponsor is happy to keep issuing a cos. Can you let me know what is the max length they could grant a cos for? ie : can they issue a cos for 5yrs straight off (until 2020) once my initial 5yrs complete in 2015? So basically i never have to leave uk for a cooling off as long as they are willing to keep extending every time a cos expires? Please help clarify.

Thanks very much for your help

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:19 am

you can also extend your T2 ICT leave by 5 years in Nov 14 with a corresponding CoS but note that extensions beyond 3 years cost more, £1202 rather than £601.

tier2ictvisa2010
Sri Lanka

Post by tier2ictvisa2010 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:38 am

Hi Manci, Thanks so much for your reply. Can you please help send through a ukba link relating to this where it says extentions beyond 5yrs is possible so i could show this to my sponsor and explain what needs done this November 2014 and can get them to issue a cos that could extend my visa for 5yrs straight off until Nov 2019. Also could you advise if the cost £1202 per year * 5years for a 5year COS so i can discuss this too?

Also one other thing please. I know its the past which cannot be reversed but could I have extended for 5years at the time i was due for renewal in 2012 October? Or could I have got a 5yr initial visa straight off in October 2010 when i first came here. Or is this 5yr extentions (at a higher cos cost) only possible after you complete a certain number of years in the uk if so how many years? Thought the answer to this question would benifit alot of followers too.

Thanks very much again for your quick reponse. Appreciate it very much