ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Vs Canada . Which is better ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

simar

Post by simar » Mon May 14, 2007 9:44 am

Come-on rose . do not write so big arguments and scare me. I am on hsmp in uk for last 1-1/2 years. Nice country , nice job & nice property buying. All settled here but I am still vying to Immigrate to Canada as and when I got my PR application processed. Perhaps for me brown skin person. Be Canada or Uk all same in terms of “treatmentâ€

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Mon May 21, 2007 12:45 pm

I've had a similar experience in the UK that Rose had in Canada. After many job interviews where I was told that I didn't have UK experience, I found something. I'm sure that this is a problem in most places, not just Canada. Fortunately, Rose didn't experience this in the UK. If you search the forum you'll find that many others did.

I would expect it in most places. I really do believe that it relates to the whole discussion or topic around skilled immigration that was raised earlier. Many countries have recognized a need for skilled immigrants, but specific employers haven't yet figured out how to recognize their skills and value.

curious canadian
Newly Registered

Post by curious canadian » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:48 pm

I'll give you my two cents - which obviosuly is per my situation.

I am a Canadian Citizen and working in US. My US job is highly paid, so I chose to live in US. I visit Canada every month - just drive down.

Canadians can work in US without any issues - just show an offer letter and immigration officer stamps it right away at the border without any wait or heavy fees.

UK and Canada are very much alike in terms of employment. For IT professionals, you can get jobs both places with some difficulty. But because of taxes, you can have more to yourslef in Canada. Also Canadian cmmunity is diverse - people are polite. UK is bit of surprize - its a melting pot for the entire worls - it depends on who you run into.

If you can find a job in Canada (almost equal chances as compared to UK), its a great and peaceful place to live. Plus US is arms lenght away from you - in case you find an opportunity in US.

Since I was able to get some great work experience - I myslef want to try UK once more. Live there, work there - travel around Europe. If it works out, I'll stick there, otherwise Canada/US is always an option.