ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INDIAN PASSPORT RE-ISSUE/RENEWAL AT HIGH COMMISSION LONDON

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ssm4u
India

Re: INDIAN PASSPORT RE-ISSUE/RENEWAL AT HIGH COMMISSION LOND

Post by ssm4u » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi,

I would like to apply for RE-ISSUE of my passport which is due to expire in couple of months. I need the following information from the senior members.

1. If I'll apply the passport under TATKAL, will it be a short validity passport like 2 years.

2. Can I collect the new passport in person or it is mandatory to provide the pre-paid (Recorded Delivery/Special Delivery) envelope to get the passport delivered to the address? In the later case can I provide my office address? This is what mentioned on website:

===
For passport application submitted after 10.02.2014, applicants are advised to enclose a pre-paid (Recorded Delivery/Special Delivery) self-addressed good quality envelope so that the new passports can be delivered to the applicants at the UK address provided by them.
====

3. Will the HDFC Online PDF Statement with the bank digital signature will be OK as a address proof.

Thanks
ssm4u

ryans
Newly Registered

Post by ryans » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:09 pm

1. You cannot apply for tatkal. This category is only for medical emergencies now (this is what the officer at the counter told me)

2. You cannot collect the passport in person anymore as they have stopped counter services since 10th Feb 2014.

3. You do not need an address proof if you are not changing the address on the passport.

ssm4u
India

Post by ssm4u » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:41 am

Thanks for the response. Response to points 1 & 2 mentioned above are correct.

Regarding Address Proof : They accept self attested online statemenets as address proof to change the address on passport.

But I saw that the time frame for receiving the passport is mentioned as 5-7 weeks in the passport office notice.

Thanks
ssm4u

Parimala

Post by Parimala » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:49 pm

Hi ,

I had applied for Passport Renewal in person at HCI London on January 21 , 2014 . I had opted to collecte in Person , hence did not submit any special Delivery envelope.

Will I be able to collect my passports in person ? The HCI website states that , only the application submitted after 10 Feb 2014 ,should enclose a special delivery envelope.
Your response is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

suki2014
Newly Registered

Post by suki2014 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:42 pm

Hi,
I am planning to submit a passport renewal application at indian embassy,london behalf of my wife, HCI website says i need to have a authorisation letter from my wife, and there is a download form as well, but my question is----- who can attest my signature in that authorisation letter, can my wife attest that? or who else?
Please anybody can help me, or anyone have answer for this please.....
Thanks

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:53 pm

suki2014 wrote:Hi,
I am planning to submit a passport renewal application at indian embassy,london behalf of my wife, HCI website says i need to have a authorisation letter from my wife, and there is a download form as well, but my question is----- who can attest my signature in that authorisation letter, can my wife attest that? or who else?
Please anybody can help me, or anyone have answer for this please.....
Thanks
Well, your wife has to write a letter to HCI london saying that her husband is (specify name) applying on behalf of her for re-issue of passport and have enclosed all the documents.

I did the same 2 days before and applied in person for my wife. Please take your marriage original certificate, your passport and visa copies and marriage certificate copies as well, other wise you will be turned down. Provide spl del. envelope.

suki2014
Newly Registered

Post by suki2014 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:21 pm

Hi Thanks for your reply,
But my query is DO I NEED TO GET ATTESTED MY SIGNATURE IN THAT AUTHORISATION LETTER?
Thanks

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:30 pm

suki2014 wrote:Hi Thanks for your reply,
But my query is DO I NEED TO GET ATTESTED MY SIGNATURE IN THAT AUTHORISATION LETTER?
Thanks
hello, no one need to attest your wife letter, its just a letter with from, to, subject, thanks, and your wife signature and date.
thats all.

Parimala

Post by Parimala » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi , Have anyone applied for Passport renewal in person at HCI London in January and received it?

Its been 5 Weeks that I applied and still waiting. My Visa renewal is coming up and I am bit worried.

Please respond if anyone have applied in January 2014 and received ?

ssm4u
India

Post by ssm4u » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:54 am

Hi - Has anyone applied for Re-Issue of passport after 10/Feb/2014 at high commision of India, London? If so is there any updates when we can expect to receive the passport? Is there a way to track it?
ssm4u

asm14
Newly Registered

Post by asm14 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:31 am

Hi SSM,

I have applied on 8 th nov 2013, Still waiting for the there reply :(

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:19 pm

ssm4u wrote:Hi - Has anyone applied for Re-Issue of passport after 10/Feb/2014 at high commision of India, London? If so is there any updates when we can expect to receive the passport? Is there a way to track it?
Didnt you provide self addressed envelope (spl del), there you have the tracking number.

asm14
Newly Registered

Post by asm14 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:39 pm

No I have not provided that..

ssm4u
India

Post by ssm4u » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:14 pm

Yes. I've provided a recoded delivery envelope which has the tracking number. I'm intrested to know if there is a way where I can track the progress of the passport application.
ssm4u

ssm4u
India

Post by ssm4u » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi asm14 - I've read in some post that if the pasport is hand written or if any reference is required to be made from the indian oficial while renewing your passport (not sure what is that) then it may take more time. It seems to be close to 4 months for you. I think you should meet the officials directly.
ssm4u

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:57 pm

ssm4u wrote:Yes. I've provided a recoded delivery envelope which has the tracking number. I'm intrested to know if there is a way where I can track the progress of the passport application.

Iam not sure

vkjainuk

Post by vkjainuk » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:21 am

Hi, I have applied for Indian Passport renewal & new passport for Baby on 31-Jan-2014.... but still waiting for passport .....

Has any one applied during same time, recieved it ???

ssm4u
India

Post by ssm4u » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:19 am

Hi vkjainuk - I think it has been 5 weeks. So you can contact indian high commission for the status.
ssm4u

vkjainuk

Post by vkjainuk » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:43 am

I have contancted them several times - over email, personal visits.. they saying that passport is ready & will be in post shortly.
but it is not dispatched yet.. not sure why they are so inefficient to post the passports....

ssm4u
India

Post by ssm4u » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:04 am

Hi vkjainuk - Did you get your passport?
ssm4u

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:36 pm

ssm4u wrote:Hi vkjainuk - Did you get your passport?
Yes he did. See http://www.immigrationboards.com/other- ... l#p1004742
Regards,
crowbar6

rahul656
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rahul656 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:35 pm

Hello All,

I submitted my application on 28th Jan, 2014. After waiting for 6 weeks , i started sending email to the enquiry office regarding the status. Today i have got an email stating that i need to re-submit the photographs as per the new requirements which is 51cm by 51 cm.

Anybody else has been asked to resubmit photographs? I am not sure why did they ask me to resubmit photos after i made the enquiry , they could have asked me otherwise.

Me and my wife submitted the application at same time and they just asked me to submit the photos where they my wife application is still under process. what does it mean? Does it mean that my passport is ready and they are just waiting to get new photos for their record. why they did not ask my wife's photos to be resubmitted.

I have replied them with the question . Will let you all know once i get the response back.

nv032
Newly Registered

Post by nv032 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:59 pm

Hi, my wife applied for a Indian Passport reissue on the 23rd of Jan. At HCI London...
She still hasn't received the passport ( as of today) . the embassy staff mentioned that the passport has been printed in India and would reach them in 3-5 days and asked me to check next Friday(21st March)

Now, my VIsa is due to expire on 10th April and I need to fly back on the 5th as I could not get a new project here.

Questions-
1) should I apply for an emergency passport as I don't have enough time ..
2) will applying for emergency passport (2 yr validity) affect my current application.
3) If I have to apply for my UK VISA extension , will the emergency passport be used to give new UK visa ... What if I don't get the old passport (with the current Dependant VISA) back in time from the embassy?won't they ask me for the old passport (which is still with the embassy)

I appreciate any assistance ...getting really tensed.

prasadnadendla
Newly Registered

Post by prasadnadendla » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:23 pm

Hi nob32 user,

How did you contact them? I have applied passport on the same day (23-01-2013) but still nothing.

The email they send is below. They have been sending same email from last 2 weeks.

The new passport is not ready. The application is still being processed.

We are still waiting for the passport booklet to come from India. They will be sent in batches(and not individually per applicant) from India by courier.
Sorry, we cannot guarantee any specific time frames as the passports are coming printed from India.

I am planning to go by person for enquiry next week.

nv032
Newly Registered

Post by nv032 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:25 pm

prasadnadendla wrote:Hi nob32 user,

How did you contact them? I have applied passport on the same day (23-01-2013) but still nothing.

The email they send is below. They have been sending same email from last 2 weeks.

The new passport is not ready. The application is still being processed.

We are still waiting for the passport booklet to come from India. They will be sent in batches(and not individually per applicant) from India by courier.
Sorry, we cannot guarantee any specific time frames as the passports are coming printed from India.

I am planning to go by person for enquiry next week.

I went to HCI in person\