ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First passport application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:16 am

Marco 72 wrote:By the way, does anyone know if I still need to send in my naturalisation certificate when applying for a new passport, or will the old one suffice as proof of nationality?
Under current rules (which could always change), you can apply for a passport as a "renewal" if:

- your last passport was a standard adult 10-year passport and
- you still have your last passport and
- your passport is not damaged and
- you do not need to change your name or national status

Supporting documents do not normally need to be supplied for a renewal.

Note that in some countries the rules are stricter. For example, Canadian passports can't be "renewed" and every application is treated like a first time application.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:30 am

Thanks for the info. By the way, what happens if the passport gets damaged (for example, when I am abroad)? Do I need to hand in my certificate to get a new one, or is the damaged passport enough?