ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cover letters formats avaliable for HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ramgsk

Post by ramgsk » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:19 am

Cover letter format for Tier1 General dependant, when the main applicant is still staying in India

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Email: <dependant’s emailid>
Phone No: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Dated: 26 November, 2008

Sub: Application for Tier 1 (General) Dependant

To,
The Assessing Officer

RE: Points-based system: Tier 1 (General) Dependant

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, <dependant’s name>, wish to apply for entry clearance to UK for ‘Tier 1 (General) – Dependant’ as a dependant to my husband who should be considered the main applicant. His details are as below

Main Applicant Details
Name : <main applicant’s name>
Passport : xxxxxxx
Tier1 Visa Validity : xxxxxxx
Currently staying in : India

Following is the list of documents provided along with my application.

1. Identity

• Passport

2. Relationship evidence

• Marriage Registration Certificate
• Marriage Photos

3. Main Applicant Details
• Copy of Passport of Main Applicant

4. Maintenance Funds
As a main applicant my husband is maintaining maintenance funds for us two for the claim
period 25 Aug, 2008 to 24 Nov, 2008.

• Official bank statement of my husband (main applicant), account <account number> with ICICI Bank, India covering period 25 Aug, 2007 to 24 Nov, 2008 this includes the claim period 25 Aug, 2008 to 24 Nov, 2008. There is a vertical highlight line drawn in the statement for the claim period.

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication noted at the top of this letter.

Thanking you.
Yours sincerely,
<dependant’s name>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As a matter of fact, we can only show 3 months bank statement, but since VFS Customer Care guys told me to put 15 months statement to be on the safer side, I put it.
- Ramgsk

vinitmenon
United Kingdom

Post by vinitmenon » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:38 am

Thanks ram

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:35 pm

hello folks..

can anybody help with covering letter for extension of hsmp visa according to tier 1 guidelines.....

the form says i dont have to send degree cert, english lang proff etc. as it has been already assesses with initial hsmp applicn. (post dec 06)

also plz help with a covering letter for my spouse.. we are planning to apply together..

any help wud be much appreciated... thanks in advance..

linsemon jose
Newly Registered

Post by linsemon jose » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:07 am

ramgsk wrote:Cover letter format for Tier1 General dependant, when the main applicant is still staying in India

Email: <dependant’s emailid>
Phone No: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Dated: 26 November, 2008

Sub: Application for Tier 1 (General) Dependant

To,
The Assessing Officer

RE: Points-based system: Tier 1 (General) Dependant

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, <dependant’s name>, wish to apply for entry clearance to UK for ‘Tier 1 (General) – Dependant’ as a dependant to my husband who should be considered the main applicant. His details are as below

Main Applicant Details
Name : <main applicant’s name>
Passport : xxxxxxx
Tier1 Visa Validity : xxxxxxx
Currently staying in : India

1. Identity

• Passport

2. Relationship evidence

• Marriage Registration Certificate
• Marriage Photos

3. Main Applicant Details
• Copy of Passport of Main Applicant

4. Maintenance Funds
As a main applicant my husband is maintaining maintenance funds for us two for the claim
period 25 Aug, 2008 to 24 Nov, 2008.

• Official bank statement of my husband (main applicant), account <account number> with ICICI Bank, India covering period 25 Aug, 2007 to 24 Nov, 2008 this includes the claim period 25 Aug, 2008 to 24 Nov, 2008. There is a vertical highlight line drawn in the statement for the claim period.

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication noted at the top of this letter.

Thanking you.
Yours sincerely,
<dependant’s name>
As a matter of fact, we can only show 3 months bank statement, but since VFS Customer Care guys told me to put 15 months statement to be on the safer side, I put it.

did u submit main applicant's payslips and previous employment details along with it?
15 months bank statement is of salary account right?
plz do reply

rameshnu
Newly Registered

maintenance account statement period

Post by rameshnu » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:43 am

Hello Friends,

My salary gets credited into ICICI Account, at my work location. I am showing this account statements for previous earnings.

I am having saving account in SBI in hyderabad. I have deposited 2.8 lakhs on 10th October 2008 for maintenance funds.

I am planning to file after january 15th 2009. I am planning to take maintenance account statement period from 14th October 2008 to 14th January 2009. Is it ok or Can you please suggest anybody have experience on this.

Regards
Ramesh

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi,

To show the maintenance fund for my wife I am showing her Fixed deposit account. I need to get the letter from the bank. When I asked the bank , they asked for the letter format, so if anybody has the letter format for the fixed deposit, please share with me.

Regards
Kandasamy

Aspirant_Hsmp
Newly Registered

Accomodation arrangements

Post by Aspirant_Hsmp » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:04 pm

Is it mandatory to mention about accomodation arrangements while submitting Tier1 Gen application? If so, can someone please tell me the necessary documents / etc?

Thank you

siqbal

Post by siqbal » Tue May 19, 2009 11:59 pm

Hi Folks,

Can somebody please share sample cover letter for HSMP (post Nov 6, 06) to Tier-1 Extension?

It would be great if the letters covers information like ICFN, desciption for VIsa ref number, etc.

Secondly, I am using my Current Account Statement to show salary transfers and Saving Account Statement for Maintenence Funds. So, if there is anyone with similar case, then can you please share the cover letter.

Thanks
S.I

saivinay
Newly Registered

help me in covering letter

Post by saivinay » Thu May 21, 2009 10:40 am

Hi,

This is regarding Tier 1 Visa for UK. My Master Degree course duration is from 2000-2002. one backlog is pending after my course. I finished that backlog in 2005. Please let me , how this should be written in covering letter. And also let me know, will it effect my Tier1 1 Visa processing.

Thanks in advance

saiVinay

sumanthsarma
Newly Registered

Post by sumanthsarma » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:56 am

Can someone provide me a similar cover letter for guys living in USA?

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:02 am

sumanthsarma wrote:Can someone provide me a similar cover letter for guys living in USA?
Hi Sumanth. Cover letter will be the same just your bank name and other details will change. There is not different formats for Cover Letter for India, Aus or USA. You can use the same with required changes.

Prepare one and post here so that we can have a look at suggest you more.

c_pgarik
Newly Registered

Covering Letter

Post by c_pgarik » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:51 am

Hi,

I am applying Tier-1 from Bangalore on July 9th 2009. I already got an employment offer from an organization in UK. My joining date is August 3rd 2009.

My request is, could you please give me the format what to write to the assessing officer that i have an offer from an organization in UK

Thanks & Best Regards,
Pav.

amar_2009

Post by amar_2009 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:07 pm

I have two doubt .Can anybody give me some suggestion.

Q1. I have

i. 12 months pay slip signed and sealed by employer.
ii. One year bank statement from the bank where my salary was credited where company name is reflected.\
iii. Form-16 from employer and Income Tax return receipt.
iv. Leeter from bank stating I have a salary account for the company name.

My Question is Do I need a letter from Employer stating my Gross and Net salary earnings for this period.

Q2: The points-based calculator shows the degree was taught in English;
So Do i need to show a letter from university confirming that the degree was taught in English?

mathenagsatish
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by mathenagsatish » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:35 pm

Q1.
I have

ii. One year bank statement from the bank where my salary was credited where company name is reflected.\

My Question is Do I need a letter from Employer stating my Gross and Net salary earnings for this period.

I guess your pay slip will consists or your net salary and gross salary. Unless untill you have some differences in your credited salary(Which would be net salary) with pay slips and bank credited amound thats not required. Seniors please confirm again.
Q2:
The points-based calculator shows the degree was taught in English;
So Do i need to show a letter from university confirming that the degree was taught in English?
I am not sure. I am adding for my self.

allharun
Newly Registered

hotels in London, london hotels

Post by allharun » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:16 pm

All Class has hotels and apartments in the UK and the rest of Europe Has anyone used www.allclasshotels.com to book rooms in London. I've looked at some of their offers and they certainly seem "too good to be true". If they are for real they will give me a big savings over what I've seen elsewhere.

Nona

Successful Initial Application - Documents provided

Post by Nona » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:30 pm

Dear Applicants-to-be,

For your use and ease:

Tier 1 (General) Initial Application
Applied From: VFS Centre, Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
Filed on: 31 Aug 2009
VFS forwarded to BHC Chennai: 31 Aug 2009
BHC Approved: 14 Sep 2009 (or earlier - not known for sure)
Total Processing Time: 10 working days

Tracking - Status provided on VFS website + SMS sent:
31 Aug 2009: "Application forwarded to British High Commission - BHC" (+ SMS sent by VFS)
14 Sep 2009: "Processed Application in despatch"
15 Sep 2009: "Processed Application delivered to Blue Dart on" (+ SMS sent by VFS)
16 Sep 2009: Passport with visa + Original Docs received at 5.45pm

Documents provided:
I provided ONLY those documents that were specified in the Policy Guidance. I didn't provide any documents that were merely "good to have" except 1 main cover letter - I chose not to overload the case worker with unnecessary information.
Hope this helps all those reading this post!

- Banker’s cheque for Indian Rupees (INR) 57400 dated _________ drawn on ______ Bank
- PBS FORM (VAF9 MAR 2009) - PERSONAL DETAILS
- PBS FORM (VAF9 APR 2009) - APPENDIX 1: TIER 1 (GENERAL) MIGRANT - SELF- ASSESSMENT
- 2 recent Photographs with my name written on the back of the photographs.
- Original passport:- Passport No._________
- Self-assessment summary from the points based calculator available on the website of the Home Office, UK Border Agency.
- Qualifications: Original certificate of award of Master’s Degree.
- Previous Earnings: Pay slips; Bank Statements; Letter of authenticity from Bank
- English Language : Original certificate of award of Bachelor’s Degree
- Maintenance: Bank Letter for maintenance (cash funds) of INR ____ for 3 consecutive months

MAIN Cover Letter
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DATE

FULL NAME
Email:
Phone:

To,
The British Deputy High Commission
Bangalore, India

Dear Sir/Madam:

Subject: Application for Tier 1 Higher skilled workers category (General) Migrant.

Please find enclosed overleaf my application for Tier 1 (General) migrant along with all the relevant specified evidence and documentation to support this application. I request the British Deputy High Commission to process my application, and permit me to enter UK with effect from _______________.

Enclosures:-
1. Banker’s cheque for Indian Rupees (INR) 57400 dated _________ drawn on ______ Bank
2. PBS FORM (VAF9 MAR 2009) - PERSONAL DETAILS
3. PBS FORM (VAF9 APR 2009) - APPENDIX 1: TIER 1 (GENERAL) MIGRANT - SELF- ASSESSMENT
4. 2 recent Photographs with my name written on the back of the photographs.
5. Original passport:- Passport No._________
6. Self-assessment summary from the points based calculator available on the website of the Home Office, UK Border Agency.
7. Qualifications: Original certificate of award of Master’s Degree.
8. Previous Earnings:
a. Pay slips;
b. Bank Statements;
c. Letter of authenticity from Bank
9. English Language : Original certificate of award of Bachelor’s Degree
10. Maintenance: Bank Letter for maintenance (cash funds) of INR ____ for 3 consecutive months.

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory. However if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication noted at the top of this letter.

Sincerely,
Signature
FULL NAME
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wishing you all the very best!

Cheers,
Nona

mandalapu
Newly Registered

Post by mandalapu » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:41 am

Hi,Nona,
did you apply tier-1 on your own or thru any consultancy?
currently i am paying for 2 personal loans from my acount...if they see those large amount credits/debits in the bank statements(transactions), will it create any problem for me?
Thanks
Suresh

Nona

Post by Nona » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:46 am

Dear Mandalapu,

I didn't go through a consultant.

You are submitting bank statements as evidence for previous earnings right? In any case, the no.of loans a person has taken has no bearing in this regard. As long as you are able to substantiate your earnings - i.e. your pay as per payslip and the credit in your bank statement should match - you are good to go.

Even if you are providing bank statements as evidence for maintenance funds, your personal loans shouldn't be a problem as long as the balance maintained has "never" (not a single day) dropped below the required amount during the entire 3 months.

Nona

mandalapu
Newly Registered

Post by mandalapu » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:54 am

thanks for your reply

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:18 pm

amar_2009 wrote:I have two doubt .Can anybody give me some suggestion.

Q1. I have

Q2: The points-based calculator shows the degree was taught in English;
Q1: You need to support ur earnings points if NET Amounts in the Payslips and Bankstatements have a conspirency/mismatch.. if they are both EXACT then no extra letter from employer is required..

Q2:
If the PBS Calculator show and gives points to your degree taught in english that is enough.. you may attach the PBS Summary sheet;

middletier 1

Mintenance fund dependants

Post by middletier 1 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:52 am

Hi

initially i am applying and later onwards may be after 6 months i will apply for my wife and 1 year kid

Thus, i have in my account around 5800 pounds since 3 months which would be sufficient for me and my wife,but i am applying for myself only

in the application form do i need to add my wife as well or only myself since funds are sufficient for 2

so can i say i can apply for my kid after 6months, is it okay

please confirm

shinelagoon
Newly Registered

Pay-slip Format needed please

Post by shinelagoon » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Thanks all for their valuable responses.

Could anyone please provide a standard (India) format for a pay-slip, as the procedure is not followed by my employer.

I tried finding it in previous post's but couldn't find it somehow.

Thanks in advance.

mandalapu
Newly Registered

Urgent:lettter from bank stating the maintannce funds !!

Post by mandalapu » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:11 am

HI, when taking the letter from bank for 3 months maintenance funds, generally the funds be written in INRs, so , is it ok or should the letter contain amount in terms of GBPs.. and conversion rates??
thanks
Suresh

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent:lettter from bank stating the maintannce funds !!

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:43 am

mandalapu wrote:HI, when taking the letter from bank for 3 months maintenance funds, generally the funds be written in INRs, so , is it ok or should the letter contain amount in terms of GBPs.. and conversion rates??
thanks
Suresh
Dont put ur question at Sticky.. create seperate thread.. answering ur Q.. since u need to take the conversion rate on the date you apply for maintenane fudns there is no point having in GBP.. INR should be fine..

eswar
Newly Registered

Cover letter format for tier1 main applicant

Post by eswar » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:37 am

Hi ,

This forum is extremely good, Thanks a lot to this forum. As per suggestion from this forum, I have applied on 29Jul2010 from Bangalore and I got Tier1 visa and collected the passport on 05Aug2010.

For reference I am sharing the cover letter. It will be helpful to concerned persons.

Dated: DD Mon YYYY

To
UK BORDER AGENCY CHENNAI,
BRITISH DEPUTY HIGH COMMISSION,
NO 20, ANDERSON ROAD,
CHENNAI 600006.

Dear Sir/Madam,
Greetings,

I NAME , wish to apply for entry clearance to work in the UK under ‘Tier 1 (General) - Highly skilled worker’ of the Points Based System (PBS).

I have claimed the following points on a self evaluation basis using the ‘Self Assessment Tool’ available on the agency website and have enclosed the printout with this application to verify the points claimed.

- xx points in Attributes section [Ref : 90]
- xx points for English requirement [ Ref : 10 ]
- xx points for maintenance funds [ Ref : 10 ]

1. Age Assessment – 10 points claimed
I was born on DD Mon, YYYY, and I am xx years of age at the time of this application.
Documents provided
• Original Passport stating date of birth

2. Qualifications - 35 points claimed
I hold a Master degree in XXX from XXX, University XXX(YYYY-YYYY). Both my university and Master degree is recognized by the ‘Self Assessment Tool’ available on the Agency website.

I hold a Bachelor degree in XXX – XXXX from XXXX Kamaraj, University XXXX (YYYY-YYYY). Both my university and Bachelor degree is recognized by the ‘Self Assessment Tool’ available on the Agency website.

Documents provided
• Original Masters Degree Certificate. (Name of Degree)
• Original Masters Degree [3 years ] consolidated Mark sheet (provided separately)
• Original Bachelor Degree Certificate. (Name of Degree)
• Original Bachelor Degree [ 3 years ] consolidated Mark sheet (provided separately)

Additional Documents provided
• Original Masters Degree PROVISONAL Certificate. (Name of Degree)
• Original Bachelor Degree PROVISONAL Certificate. (Name of Degree)

3. Previous Earnings – XX points claimed

Documents provided:
1) 12 months salary slips sealed and signed by employer. (Salary slips submitted from July-2009 to Jun-2010.)
2) Personal bank statements: Signed and stamped official XXX Bank statements for more than 12 months [DD Mon YYYY to DD Mon YYYY] claimed showing net salary credited into my XXXX Bank Salary account number XXXX. Net Salary paid is highlighted on the bank statement as well as on the salary slips.
3) Letter from Employer stating my Gross and Net salary earnings from Mon-YYYY to Jun-YYYY.
Net Income total : INR XXXX
Gross Income total: INR XXXX.

As per Oanda.com Currency Converter ® Results
Live mid-market rates as of DD MON YYYY
1 GBP = XX.XXXX INR
1 INR= XX.XXXX GBP
xxxx.00 INR = YYYYYY GBP.
As per self assessment tool summary, Salary equivalent is XXXX.YY GBP.
3) Latest Compensation review letters and Bonus Letters from the current employer.
• Review Letter on dated DD Mon, YYYY which is effective from DD Mon YYYY
• Special Bonus on dated DD Mon, YYYY
• Review Letter on dated DD Mon, YYYY which is effective from DD Mon, YYYY
• Review Letter on dated DD Mon, YYYY which is effective from DD Mon, YYYY

4) Last three years [XXXX, XXXX+1, XXXX+2] Copy of Form – 16 given by
the employer. As original Form – 16 is retained with Income Tax
Department I have provided Copy of Form – 16.

5. English Language Requirement: 10 points claimed

Documents provided
• Original Masters Degree Certificate. (Degree NAME ) – already provided for Qualification section
• Original letter from XXXX University, City stating that my Master degree was taught in English
• Original Bachelor Degree Certificate. (Degree NAME )
- already provided for Qualification section
• Original letter from XXXX University, City stating that my Bachelor degree was taught in English

6. Maintenance (Funds) Requirement: 10 points claimed

I enclose evidence of the availability of personal funds in XXXX Bank Saving Account No: XXXXXX to maintain and accommodate myself without recourse to public funds. The bank balances as on DD Mon YYYY shows that INR xxxxx.YY. Bank statement indicates that Minimum balance maintained during the period from DD Mon YYYY to DD Mon YYYY is INR xxxxxx.yy which is equal to £xxxx.yy as on DD Mon YYYY, the funds exceeding £2800.00 has been in the bank for a period more than 3 months.

As per Oanda.com Currency Converter ® Results
Live mid-market rates as of 24July2010 [ reference http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/]
1 GBP = 71.8534 INR
1 INR = 0.01384 GBP
xxxxx.YY INR = zzzzzzz.kk GBP [Currently available balance]
xxxxx.YY INR = zzzzzz.kk GBP [Minimum balance]

Documents provided:
1. Bank statements from the XXXX Bank Saving account for the period of DD Mon YYYY to DD Mon YYYY. My saving account and Salary account both are same Account No: XXXXX. – already provided for “Previous Earnings section
2. Letter from the bank stating that my minimum balance over a period greater than the last 3 months.

7) Accommodation:
All the required supporting documentation is enclosed along with the application forms. Upon being kindly granted the visa, I plan to travel to the UK on DD Mon YYYY date. Already I have booked hotel at London for 14 days from DD Mon YYYY.

Booking information:

Booking.com booking number xxxxx
Pin code 3914
This booking is confirmed on DD Mon YYYY

Hotel
Hotel Name
Address
….
United Kingdom
Phone +xxxx
Fax +xxx
Email
Documents provided:
1. Printed copy of booking details.

Miscellaneous:

Also I have provided below documents for reference, please find it.

1. Marriage Registration certificate
2. Latest Resume
3. Current employer’s offer letter dated DD Mon YYYY.
4. Promotion as “XXXXâ€