ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (Gen) extension & New rules from April 2014

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sid_details
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 (Gen) extension & New rules from April 2014

Post by Sid_details » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:19 am

Thanks a lot manci :D

just one more question as wana be sure, someone told me about below link

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _08-14.pdf

page 51 of above document para 228 point 4

• You cease to work for the Sponsor for a period of one calendar month or more except
where your absence is solely due to maternity, paternity or adoption leave or sick
leave.

1. Here they mean we on tier 2 cannot travel for more than a month out of UK unpaid leaves or paid leaves as well ?

2. Is it fine to travel my home country from Dublin as i won't be having any in/out UK stamp on my passport, will it effect my extension or ILR?

Many Thanks,
Sid

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:24 pm

Sid_details wrote:Thanks a lot manci :D

just one more question as wana be sure, someone told me about below link

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _08-14.pdf

page 51 of above document para 228 point 4

• You cease to work for the Sponsor for a period of one calendar month or more except
where your absence is solely due to maternity, paternity or adoption leave or sick
leave.

1. Here they mean we on tier 2 cannot travel for more than a month out of UK unpaid leaves or paid leaves as well ?
see p42 for clarification:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf

2. Is it fine to travel my home country from Dublin as i won't be having any in/out UK stamp on my passport, will it effect my extension or ILR?
Ireland is in the common travel area and as far as I know they stamp passports in the same way as in the UK, i.e. no stamp on departure but stamp on entry. See:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... l-area-cta

Many Thanks,
Sid

Sid_details
Newly Registered

Post by Sid_details » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:03 pm

Thanks a lot manci :D

I am going on paid leaves for 31 days so need not to worry now.

Many Many thanks for the information,
Sid

zfawaz
Newly Registered

Post by zfawaz » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi, I am presently on a Tier 2 (General) Migrant visa obtained in August 2012 and due for renewal in September 2015. My question is, will it be renewed for a new period of 3 years or would it fall under the new law and renewed for a new period of 5 years? My guess would be 3... Also, I travel frequently for business outside of the UK, on average about 100 days per year. Would that hinder my chances of obtaining the ILS after 5 years? And what is the maximum number of days a Tier 2 dependant can stay of the of the UK at any one period of time? Thanks for any insights.

farhan11
Newly Registered

Post by farhan11 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:53 am

i have just posted my topic...please reply ..Switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 .PLEASE HELP !

shreya_6261
Newly Registered

Post by shreya_6261 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:11 pm

Hi manci,

My Tier 2 general visa needs to be renewed by 29th Jan 2015. Can my company apply for the visa extension in November or December 2014 i.e. 2 months before expiry? I have to apply for my wife's dependent visa extension as well. Do i need to show any maintenance funds for Tier 2 general Extension for myself and my wife?
Please advice.

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:50 pm

shreya_6261 wrote:Hi manci,

My Tier 2 general visa needs to be renewed by 29th Jan 2015. Can my company apply for the visa extension in November or December 2014 i.e. 2 months before expiry?
the company cannot apply for your visa extension, only you can, but the company has to assign a Cos to you beforehand. There is no restriction as to when you can apply for the extension provided you have valid leave.

I have to apply for my wife's dependent visa extension as well. Do i need to show any maintenance funds for Tier 2 general Extension for myself and my wife?
not if you apply together

Please advice.

Thanks

shreya_6261
Newly Registered

Post by shreya_6261 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:44 am

manci wrote:

My Tier 2 general visa needs to be renewed by 29th Jan 2015. Can my company apply for the visa extension in November or December 2014 i.e. 2 months before expiry?
the company cannot apply for your visa extension, only you can, but the company has to assign a Cos to you beforehand. There is no restriction as to when you can apply for the extension provided you have valid leave.

I have to apply for my wife's dependent visa extension as well. Do i need to show any maintenance funds for Tier 2 general Extension for myself and my wife?

Please advice.

Thanks

Thanks a Lot Manci for advising.
There is one more question that i would request you to help me with.
If we both are applying together do i need to pay fees for my wife's dependent visa extension as well or is it just my application fees?
Thanks

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:54 pm

shreya_6261 wrote:
manci wrote:

Please advice.

Thanks
The UKBA website clearly shows additional fees for dependent application (even the paper based application form I believe).
Did you look at those?

If we both are applying together do i need to pay fees for my wife's dependent visa extension as well or is it just my application fees?
Thanks

shreya_6261
Newly Registered

Post by shreya_6261 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:35 am

Hi manci,

/i had a look at UKVI website.
It suggests the following if i apply visa through priority service.
"Family members (‘dependants’)

You should send applications for family members (‘dependants’) who’ll be staying with you in the UK in the same envelope as your application.

Dependant applications sent in different envelopes will be considered separately - they’ll be charged the full application fee if their applications don’t arrive on the same day as the main application." https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-priority-applications

So does this suggest that if i pay my fees i.e £900 and send my wife's application in the same envelope as mine, then i dont have to pay separately for her extension.
Please advise.
waiting for your reply.

Thanks

shreya_6261
Newly Registered

Post by shreya_6261 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:37 am

FaeLLe wrote:

Please advice.

Thanks
The UKBA website clearly shows additional fees for dependent application (even the paper based application form I believe).
Did you look at those?
Hi manci,

/i had a look at UKVI website.
It suggests the following if i apply visa through priority service.
"Family members (‘dependants’)

You should send applications for family members (‘dependants’) who’ll be staying with you in the UK in the same envelope as your application.

Dependant applications sent in different envelopes will be considered separately - they’ll be charged the full application fee if their applications don’t arrive on the same day as the main application." https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-priority-applications

So does this suggest that if i pay my fees i.e £900 and send my wife's application in the same envelope as mine, then i dont have to pay separately for her extension.
Please advise.
waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Thanks
[/quote]

temmyenquiry
Newly Registered

Post by temmyenquiry » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:46 am

Hi Manci.

Could you kindly advise me ,please ?

I started working for my employer in May under tier 2 visa. Changed from PSW. The salary on the SOC code is £23000. My employer had a meeting with me last month and said my salary has been increased to 28000 with immediate effect.I am still doing th same job under the same SOC code.

Do I need to inform the UKBA about this. Please note my last month salary took into effect the new salary pay.

Would really appreciate your advice.

Thanks.