ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can all July 2007 applicants, India, post here pls

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:26 am

Congrats HolsHSMP...thats great news..

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:36 pm

Hi friends,

HO approves about 150 applications in a day. Only a handful of applicants sign up and track "Trackitt.com" or "Immigrationboards.com".

I wonder if all other applicants interact through any other website or do they just prefer not to socialize?

Please share your views on this.

Regards,
CD

fly2uk

Post by fly2uk » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:35 pm

Hi All,

Am almost done with my application, but I have a few issues in some sections. Guys pls help me out on this.

I am applying from Bangalore, India.

1> I got a DD from ICICI Bank bangalore for 400 GBP, in favor of Home Office, Work Permits ( UK ). Now in the payment details section of the application form, the choices for mode of payment are UK Postal Order, UK Cheque and Credit Card. Do I need to select UK Postal Order or UK Cheque here?

2> Under the qualifications section, do I need to answer both Q 24 and Q 25 or one of those. I hold a Bachelor of Engineering degree from VTU, Karnataka. So do I need to answer Q 24 treating my degree as academic qualification or Q 25 treating my degree as professional / vocational qualification? I do not intend to include NARIC letter.

3> In the past earnings section, for country where income do I need to mention the band in which the country falls or just the country name. In my case India, Band D.
Similarly for the income band, do I mention Band D or GBP XXXX+.

Guys pls advise on these.

Thanks
FM

fly2uk

Post by fly2uk » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:46 pm

Guys,

Did any one of you send your resume / openings list, along with HSMP application? Just wondering if it will help in anyway.

I am sure we need to do it for EC. But HSMP ?? Any thoughts?

Thanks

fly2uk

Post by fly2uk » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:56 pm

cdraina wrote:Hi friends,

HO approves about 150 applications in a day. Only a handful of applicants sign up and track "Trackitt.com" or "Immigrationboards.com".

I wonder if all other applicants interact through any other website or do they just prefer not to socialize?

Please share your views on this.

Regards,
CD
I guess a major chunk of applicants go through some consultant and would just get all info from them. May be they are not aware of such forums where a wealth of information is available or they feel they stand a better chance going through consultant. Or it could be they dont want to go through the hassle of doing everything on their own, when there are experienced folks to do this.

vinay_sambyal

Post by vinay_sambyal » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:43 am

llcool wrote:Hi Vinay,

I have just received my reference # today.

My application reached there on the 9th July.It's just today that i received the reference #.

So relax it will take another a couple of days for the reference #.

llcool

Hi llcool,
I tried dialing 0114 207 4074 but it was always busy..? do i need to prefix any other digit to it?? Also i still havent got my reference number..
documents were received on 14th July as per DHL status SMS. please advise..... i am having sleepless nights thinking that where my app has gone :(

fly2uk

Post by fly2uk » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:24 pm

Hi rrst_101,

I understand you made the payment thru DD. How did u confirm when the amount was debited? Did you contact the bank guys who gave you the DD?

Thanks

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:13 am

I got my DD from Thomas Cook,where the transaction was through Deutche bank. I caught hold of a person in Thomas Cook and got the details of the transaction.
And yes...provided you have the DD number ,u can always get the details from the bank. Those lazy bank staff may not give u the details,but if u pressurise them it will work for u.

llcool

Post by llcool » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:44 pm

Hi Vinay,

I know the number is always busy. I tried calling them by around 3 their time and it worked. Trust me this number is always busy. So buddy try try and try.
# you are trying is perfectly okay. No prefixes just the country code.

Let me know whatever happens. Mine is also about to be processed in a day or two. Fingers are crossed.

Best of luck
llcool

vinay_sambyal

Post by vinay_sambyal » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:53 pm

fly2uk wrote:Hi All,

Am almost done with my application, but I have a few issues in some sections. Guys pls help me out on this.

1> I got a DD from ICICI Bank bangalore for 400 GBP, in favor of Home Office, Work Permits ( UK ). Now in the payment details section of the application form, the choices for mode of payment are UK Postal Order, UK Cheque and Credit Card. Do I need to select UK Postal Order or UK Cheque here?

2> Under the qualifications section, do I need to answer both Q 24 and Q 25 or one of those. I hold a Bachelor of Engineering degree from VTU, Karnataka. So do I need to answer Q 24 treating my degree as academic qualification or Q 25 treating my degree as professional / vocational qualification? I do not intend to include NARIC letter.

3> In the past earnings section, for country where income do I need to mention the band in which the country falls or just the country name. In my case India, Band D.

Thanks
FM
fly2uk,
so what option did u choose for the DD that u made from ICICI.. postal order or cheque??

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:47 am

For Past earnings I am claiming for the period Aug'06 to July'07 -
I worked in 2 different companies.
1st company - 1 June 06 to 30 Nov 06
2nd company - 1 Dec 06 till date

- I have my payslips stamped and signed by respective employers (easy)
- I have Income Tax returns for the tax year April 06 to Mar 07

in the guidelines its mentioned clearly that "If the tax year does
not cover the full period claimed other corroborating evidence is required for the period(s) not covered."

as my first company gave me cheques and i deposited in another bank so till nov'06 my bank statement doesnt reflect the cheque details that it is from so n so company

and another company i.e. after December 06 i was given a corporate account which started in Jan 07 so only after Jan my salary got directly credited to the account... So the bank statement after Jan reflects the company salary...

Hence, even if i get the bank statements whcih are from X n Y Banks. the X bank doesnt have any mention abt the first company and the Y bank has the ccompany salary mentioned but after Jan 07.

and lastly, getting the letter from the employer confirming income is slighlty doubtful.
i ll try! one doubt here too about getting the letter from employer- since i worked in 1st company from Jun'06 to Nov'06 and for HSMP i am claiming from Aug'06. So, shall I ask my employer to give me a letter to state my income earned from Jun'06 or Aug'06????

Am applying this month end!!! please clarify my details and wish me good luck that all goes well...

Thanks a ton in advance!!!

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:56 am

Hi J,

My understanding of Your case:

Employer A: Worked till Nov, pays through cheque, Got Sal slips from here

Employer B: Worked from Dec, pays into the bank, got sal slips from here

I would suggest you to send your bank statements, highlighting (literally with a marker) all the salary credits (direct or thru cheques). If the amounts in the statement talley exactly with the amounts mentioned in the sal slips, you will get the points for this section.

Also do remember to clearly describe your case. So mention that you got salary from employer A through cheques and you have highlighted all the salary credits to assist in assessment of your application.

Best wishes,
CD

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:03 am

llcool wrote:Hi Vinay,

I know the number is always busy. I tried calling them by around 3 their time and it worked. Trust me this number is always busy. So buddy try try and try.
# you are trying is perfectly okay. No prefixes just the country code.

Let me know whatever happens. Mine is also about to be processed in a day or two. Fingers are crossed.

Best of luck
llcool
Hi llcool,
How are u so sure that ur app. will b processed in a day or two ? I am a little curious coz, I got my reference no. on July 10th and expecting the decision by July end. Is there some way u r tracking ur application?

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:36 am

Thanks CD!

fly2uk

Post by fly2uk » Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:18 pm

vinay_sambyal wrote:
fly2uk wrote:Hi All,

Thanks
FM
fly2uk,
so what option did u choose for the DD that u made from ICICI.. postal order or cheque??
UK Cheque

llcool

Post by llcool » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:00 pm

Hey rrst_101,

When i called them the rep actually after around 10 mins of conversation was able to tell me that case worker has already started working on 10 th of July and the said there should be decision by 25th.
Not sure if they generally share this information or not (m not even sure if the info she gave me regarding decision by 25th is correct or not) so all we have to do is WAIT!!!!

Lets see will keep you all guys posted and i expect the same from you.

llcool

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:07 am

llcool wrote:Hey rrst_101,

When i called them the rep actually after around 10 mins of conversation was able to tell me that case worker has already started working on 10 th of July and the said there should be decision by 25th.
Not sure if they generally share this information or not (m not even sure if the info she gave me regarding decision by 25th is correct or not) so all we have to do is WAIT!!!!

Lets see will keep you all guys posted and i expect the same from you.

llcool
Hey llcool,
I called the HO last evening and guess what ,the decision was made just 10 minutes before I called. But the caseworker did not reveal the decision.I tried a lot to get it out of his mouth,be he dint. I have made the courier arrangements now,lets c what happens.

My timelines :
Docs sent : 29 June
Docs recived : 3 July
Refrence no. received : 10 July
Decision made : 24 July

Waiting for the docs. This is my longest wait ever...:)

Cheers,
rrst_101

fly2uk

Post by fly2uk » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:13 am

Good Luck rrst_101 !!

llcool

Post by llcool » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:37 pm

Hi rrst,

Best of luck.

Lets see what happens. Its good that u have made courier arrangements. It will save you from many sleepless nights. :D

Did u ask the rep itself for the courier arrangements or you faxed later on? and how did you manage the complete courier process.

Best of luck again.
Llcool

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:57 am

llcool wrote:Hi rrst,

Best of luck.

Lets see what happens. Its good that u have made courier arrangements. It will save you from many sleepless nights. :D

Did u ask the rep itself for the courier arrangements or you faxed later on? and how did you manage the complete courier process.

Best of luck again.
Llcool
Hi llcool,
As soon as I got the ref # , I sent a fax saying that I will make my own courier arrangements. Then ,as soon as the decision was made on my application, the caseworker sent me a mail asking me to arrange for courier within 14 days (else after 14 days will send by royal mail). I contatced my friend in UK and asked him to arrange for courier through UPS service. My friend needed to give the following details to UPS guys :

1) Name of the caseworker :
2) Direct contact telephone number of the Caseworker :
3)Courier collection address: HSMP Team, Home Office, Moorfoot, Sheffield, S1 4PQ .
4)Name of the building, where the documents are held: Moorfoot.
5)Your HSMP Reference Number :
6)Full name of the HSMP applicant:
7)Full address of the HSMP applicant to which the documents and the decision letter have to be delivered:
8)Direct contact number of the HSMP applicant:

Then my friend had to make an upfront payment for the courier charges and book a courier (It costs 45 GBP).Please note that after the payment is made, the courier guys will give u a courier reference number, which has to be informed to the HSMP team.

Once the courier was arranged, I had to send an e-mail to the HSMP caseworker, who had sent me the courier arrangement e-mail. The email:

Dear Caseworker's name,

I hope you are doing well.

I am ******* and my HSMP Reference Number is ******. As per your request, I have made arrangements for the pick up of my original documents and decision letter, through UPS courier tommorrow (**/**/****).

This is the reference which you need to quote to the courier guys : ******
I request you to kindly hand over my Original Documents and Decision Letter to the courier person.

I look forward for your cooperation in this matter.

If you need any further clarification, do write to me.

Good Day!

Regards,

llcool

Post by llcool » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:00 am

Nice stuff!!!

thanks rrst

Kaff
Member of Standing

Post by Kaff » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:53 am

What if I didn't mention on my covering letter that I would like arrange for my document pickup,
can I still arrange it?
Kaff

~J~

Post by ~J~ » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:10 am

Dear All~

Can you tell which mode of fee pay is the best?

Cheque - Never made an international cheque before. Plus doubtful if the currency rates change when the cheque reaches there.

Credit Card - I dont have my own. If I choose to use then ill be using my sister's card. Dont know if I can do that.

No clue abt the DD though I read quiet a few people sending DDs but I there is no mention abt DD in the Hsmpguidelines. It rather says UK Postal order.

Am confused as i dont want my application to be sent back just for the fee problem.

Please help!!![/b]

cdraina

My HSMP Update

Post by cdraina » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:15 am

Called HO on 26th. The automated system says " Currently working on applications received on 28th June". Looks like they are not keen on updating that announcement. I sent my application on 9th July and the case worker is assigned. I have sent additional documents that have reached HO, but not yet linked to my file.

Application Submitted: 4th July
Application reached HO: 9th July
Fee debited: 10th July
Got Reference Number and Payment confirmation: 11th July
Sent additional documents: 23rd July
Assigned to caseworker: 26th July

Wish me luck friends!

Cheers!
CD

rrst_101

Post by rrst_101 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:01 am

Kaff wrote:What if I didn't mention on my covering letter that I would like arrange for my document pickup,
can I still arrange it?

Hi Kaff,
Actually even I had forgotten to mention the courier arrangements in my cover letter. But you can send a fax stating :

July 20, 2007

Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP)
PO Box 3975
Sheffield
S1 9BL

Sub: Courier Arrangement

Dear Sir/Madam,

I **** *** am applying for the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme. My HSMP Reference Number is 000000.

I would like to arrange for a courier to collect my original documents. I request the HSMP Team to provide me details of the contact person, date of pick up etc., once a decision is made on my HSMP application, so that I can make the required arrangements.

If you have any questions or comments, please call me on *********** or E-mail:****@gmail.com.

Regards,

Sign on the letter and fax it to +44 114 207 6021.

But make sure before sending the fax that decision is not yet made on ur application. How it works is, as soon as the decision is made the CW checks if u have it mentioned on the cover letter or if u have faxed. If neither is true, then he updates ur case to be sent thru Royal mail.