ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview in naturalisation case

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Siraj ud-Daulah

Re: Interview in naturalisation case

Post by Siraj ud-Daulah » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:50 am

secret.simon wrote:
Siraj ud-Daulah wrote:If we look back into the history the Nazi used to treat Jews in such manner at the beginning.
I would be extremely chary of using such statements or comparisons. Such language on an online forum might be considered inflammatory and should be strongly deprecated at the very least.

As regards UmmZ's case, we do not know why the couple have been called for an interview and it would be unwise to speculate, especially in the language highlighted above.

A cursory glance down this thread suggests that people who have got interview letters seem to have predominantly come via the EEA routes. Given that the UK government can not scrutinise applicants on the EEA routes as thoroughly as it does applicants on the UK Immigration routes, it is possible (I am speculating) that they are scrutinising these applicants much more thoroughly at citizenship stage, which is completely under the control of national governments.
Yes, it is indeed absolutely under the control of the government. I therefore, am not disputing that to any extent. However, it would be extremely naive to “speculate” that EEA route applicants are being scrutinised more at the citizenship stage. Assumption would be the mother of all mess ups in that case, surely.

Here is the fact, almost every immigrant is under extreme scrutiny. Accept the fact, specially on UmmZ's case where they have four kids for goodness shake.

It is an absolute madness, and no one in the right mind could be scrutinised and treated as suspect without any respect just because he or she is an immigrant. Totally absurd.

Manchester171

Post by Manchester171 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:27 am

UmmZ wrote:Hi all,
My husband applied for naturalisation in April. About a week ago we contacted the Home Office to request an update as it is now past the 6 month estimate. This morning we received a letter requesting that we both attend an interview in Liverpool next month, attached to the letter was an information sheet about marriage interviews.

My husband is Algerian and I am Irish we have four children and have lived in London together continuously since we got married . I am assuming that they are suspicious that the marriage is not genuine- is that the right assumption to have?

I can see that others have received similar letters but nobody has updated on what happened at the interview- does anyway have any recent experiences to share?

Also, does anybody know if it is possible to request that the interview be held elsewhere or can it only be conducted in Liverpool?

All and any information is much appreciated!
Usually these kind of interviews are held to clear some concerns before taking a decision. but it is too late for HO to assume your marriage was not genuine. However be prepared that you may be interviewed separately in different room or different time than your partner and your both answers will be compared. In my opinion, they have to conduct certain numbers of interviews per year for their annually audit report's purpose and nothing to worry about. Most likely your partner will get the approval a week or so after the interview.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:49 am

My husband applied for naturalisation in April. About a week ago we contacted the Home Office to request an update as it is now past the 6 month estimate. This morning we received a letter requesting that we both attend an interview in Liverpool next month, attached to the letter was an information sheet about marriage interviews.

My husband is Algerian and I am Irish we have four children and have lived in London together continuously since we got married . I am assuming that they are suspicious that the marriage is not genuine- is that the right assumption to have?

I can see that others have received similar letters but nobody has updated on what happened at the interview- does anyway have any recent experiences to share?

Also, does anybody know if it is possible to request that the interview be held elsewhere or can it only be conducted in Liverpool?

I believe that if travelling distance is a problem, you can request a video interview. It's worth a try.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

polblacque
Newly Registered

Post by polblacque » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:51 pm

Did your husband apply for PR prior to the naturalisation application or did he apply without PR stamp/card?

nawal
Newly Registered

Post by nawal » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:15 pm

hi soni,
yesterday faced my interview all about toeic which I did long time before .although I did IELTS with my naturalisation application.my interview was good.
Happy to hear your application was successfull.i have seen lots of application refused after interview who had toeic...I am very upset about that..my question do you had any toeic ?
I will be happy if you answer.
Anybody here who had toeic and after the interview got naturisarion?please tell some positive story

Aquagem
Newly Registered

Post by Aquagem » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:36 pm

Hallo Friends,

I have been called for the naturalisation interview in Liverpool. At first I became very upset and worried what are they going to ask etc. Then confidently went to interview on 30th Sep 2015. The lady took my roughly 20 minutes interview all about TOEIC test. For instance;
have you ever been to this test?
Is that a college? which college?
which centre you went for test?
why you choose this centre?
How much was the fee?
To whom you gave the fee?
where did you pay fee?
Did you pay for some one to sit for yourself?
how long is the test?
how many parts and have you done it in one day?
what date you do which one?
Then,
She wants me to explain what comes in each part an idea about what type of questions came in test?
how long is each part?
why do you choose this test?
Have you ever gave any other test in UK?
who paid your fee?
who recommend you this test?
who recommend you this centre?
Why do not you choose any other centre?
when did you get your certificate?

These all questions she asked as they have given a certain topic.
I feel they wants to know is the person capable of speaking fluent English or hesitated and cheat in test so once you have done that you know what exactly came in test.
Also I feel only those people who they want to consider they call for the interview.
Missing the interview is a very foolish, coward and illogical step.
Please prepare yourself and face the hurdle.Trust me they wont eat anyone.

AquaGem