ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 3 - While waiting for E.U1

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Marc13
Newly Registered

Post by Marc13 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:48 pm

Hi...Thanks
Do you know if even she is working full time and have enough proof of money to "be my sponsor" they wouldn't give us stamp 4?
How many time living in a EU country they ask?

Thanks
Marcio

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:36 pm

Yes, until the courts get the Department to change their decision, it doesnt matter if your wife is in full time employment. Prior residency can be anything that proves you have the right to reside on a long term basis in another E.U country.unfortunately,visit visas or any temporary status doesnt seem to qualify.

dahmane
Newly Registered

help pleas

Post by dahmane » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:08 pm

hi huys ,i called GNIB about the stamp 3,i got no valid passport and they said u need new passport,by any chance if any one get this stamp3,with no valid passport ,pleas contact me and let me know what i sould do ,many thnaks

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: help pleas

Post by Ben » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:13 pm

dahmane wrote:hi huys ,i called GNIB about the stamp 3,i got no valid passport and they said u need new passport,by any chance if any one get this stamp3,with no valid passport ,pleas contact me and let me know what i sould do ,many thnaks
Could you not just get a new passport via your country's Irish mission? Without a passport, how are the GNIB going to endorse your Stamp 3 condition?

dahmane
Newly Registered

help pleas

Post by dahmane » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:22 pm

i donit have new passprot,and i am illagle ,and can i egt the stamp 3,i got the refusal letter from doj,last year and any one got good advise,thanks

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: help pleas

Post by Ben » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:32 pm

dahmane wrote:i donit have new passprot,and i am illagle ,and can i egt the stamp 3,i got the refusal letter from doj,last year and any one got good advise,thanks
Has the DoJ sent you a letter confirming that you have been granted Stamp 3?

dahmane
Newly Registered

help

Post by dahmane » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:36 pm

i am illagel and i did get any thing from DOJ,,iget the resusal letter last year,,any chance to get the stamp3,thanks benifa

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: help

Post by Ben » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:09 pm

dahmane wrote:i am illagel and i did get any thing from DOJ,,iget the resusal letter last year,,any chance to get the stamp3,thanks benifa
I understand. Your passport was valid when you came here and when you applied on EU1, but it's since expired. You have been refused EU1 (due to 3(2)?) and are looking to get Stamp 3 in the interim. Tricky one, I honestly don't know the answer, but I suspect you'd have to return to your country of origin to obtain a new passport, then come back to Ireland.

dahmane
Newly Registered

help

Post by dahmane » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:09 pm

i am in very bad situation ,and to wait for hight court,it not easy ,what the best thing to do now ,pleas na one get nice idea

Zucker
Newly Registered

Post by Zucker » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:11 pm

We went to the Garda Immigration, Burgh Quay, Dublin this morning to lodge application for EU1. After enquiring, we got told that EU1 applications are only handled by mail and should be either left in a box with the security guard or send by registered mail. :roll:

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:41 pm

Zucker wrote:We went to the Garda Immigration, Burgh Quay, Dublin this morning to lodge application for EU1. After enquiring, we got told that EU1 applications are only handled by mail and should be either left in a box with the security guard or send by registered mail. :roll:
Which is irritating, because they lose original documents, in my experience.

I would love to be able to submit applications in person, have someone photocopy my original documents (passports, birth certs etc.), then allow me to go home with my original documents and wait for the six month decision.

I'd actually prefer the above, even though I'd have to drive 3 hours to get to Dublin. I wonder if someone knows why the above is not possible?

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:40 pm

...accidently created... sorry :oops:
Last edited by ca.funke on Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:02 pm

Hi all,

Thinking about the original thread-topic

"Stamp 3 - While waiting for E.U.1"

the following occurred to me, and I'd love to hear some opinions:

Whoever is entitled to EU1/EU4Fam may work immediately upon arrival in Ireland. Possession of the actual card is NOT necessary! (At least according to the much discussed Directive 2004/38/EC)

GNIB/DoJ/INIS's attempts to prevent people from working through
  • issuing Stamp 3 and/or
  • endorsing a passport with stamps such as "not permitted to take up employment" and/or
  • stalling EU1/EU4Fam-applications as long as legally possible (or beyond that)
are possibly ILLEGAL!

What makes me think so are the following two paragraphs of 2004/38/EC:
Article 23
Related rights
Irrespective of nationality, the family members of a Union
citizen who have the right of residence or the right of perma-
nent residence in a Member State shall be entitled to take up
employment or self-employment there.

Article 25
General provisions concerning residence documents
1. Possession of a registration certificate as referred to in
Article 8, of a document certifying permanent residence, of a
certificate attesting submission of an application for a family
member residence card, of a residence card or of a permanent
residence card, may under no circumstances be made a precon-
dition
for the exercise of a right or the completion of an
administrative formality, as entitlement to rights may be
attested by any other means of proof
GNIB/DoJ/INIS should, IMHO, urge people to apply for EU1/EU4Fam as early as possible. Scam-applications can then be filtered as early as possible, and of course falsely issued permits can (and should) be revoked, if proven "marriages of convenience".

However, the general stalling-tactics that affect all applicants are not helpful and may be, as described above, ILLEGAL.

If the above proves to be legally correct (I'm not a legal expert), I would advise everyone in this situation to do the following two things:
  • Contact Solvit (solvit@entemp.ie), explaining ones personal situation and the law, asking them to contact GNIB/DoJ/INIS telling them that their actions are illegal.
  • Lodging an official complaint about this with the European commission (sg-plaintes@ec.europa.eu).
If appropriate for your situation it may also be worth claiming compensation from the state for lost income. This would, however, be a major case and the state will fight against this to the end.
Last edited by ca.funke on Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

swann
Newly Registered

Post by swann » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:16 pm

thank you ca.funke, we are lodging our complaints with the EU commision this week. per advice of First-Class Moron, i'm also sending my EU1 application again.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:01 pm

I asked Solvit what they think of Stamp 3 while waiting for 4EUFam

My questions were along the lines of >>this<< reasoning.

Solvit's reply was:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 5:18 PM
Subject: Re: EU Treaty application
To: Christian

Dear Mr,

The Irish SOLVIT Centre are not experts in Immigration law so we cannot give a legal response to your questions. However, previously the Department of Justice clarified the issues of non-EU spouses of EU citizen not being permitted to work while their application for residency is pending.

The Department of Justice explained that a third country national spouse of an EU national is dependent on their 'eligible' EU national spouse to assert their EU Treaty Rights. It is not enough for a third country national spouse to state that they are eligible by showing a marriage certificate at the point of entry. To obtain EU Treaty Rights, both the non-EU spouse and the EU national must engage in an administrative process to establish the 'acquired rights' before they can be acted on. To do so, the couple must go through the administrative process in the host Member State. Where an EU national wants his/her third country national spouse to be a beneficiary of Directive 2004/38/EC, the EU national has to provide evidence that he/she meets the relevant criteria.

On arrival in the State, a third country national spouse/partner of an EU national receives a stamp 3 in their passport at the port of entry by the local Immigration Officer. A stamp 3 entitles the bearer to visitor conditions only. In the context of EU Treaty Rights (i.e. the intention to reside in the State for more than 3 months) stamp 3 conditions apply until such time as the decision on the EU Treaty Rights application of the third country national is issued (within 6 months from the receipt of the correctly completed application). If the third country national is successful and is issued with an EUFAM residence card, their status will be amended in their passport to a Stamp 4, which allows the applicant to work/engage in business in the State. If the applicant is refused EU Treaty Rights, the application may be considered under national provisions.

(...)
If this would still apply, it would be a direct contradiction to the following:
Article 23
Related rights
Irrespective of nationality, the family members of a Union
citizen who have the right of residence or the right of perma-
nent residence in a Member State shall be entitled to take up
employment or self-employment there

Article 25
General provisions concerning residence documents
1. Possession of a registration certificate as referred to in
Article 8, of a document certifying permanent residence, of a