ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP SCHEME WILL BE CLOSED IS -THAT TRUE?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:29 pm

gordon wrote:LondonBlonde - new command papers on immigration ? How exciting ! Where !?!??! (My enthusiasm for government papers on this topic is slightly alarming, actually).

And magsi23 - what's the source/citation indicating that work permits and HSMP won't be issued going forward ? Earlier documents had suggested that work permits would be Tier 2 and HSMP Tier 1, and current visaholders in those categories would be categorised in the new tiers respectively.

AG

The fact that they are introducing new Tier system?
Magsi

gordon

Post by gordon » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:37 pm

Then it was incorrect to write that the work permits and HSMP would be no longer issued, since they will be, albeit in the tier framework. A rose by any other name ... AG
magsi23 wrote:
gordon wrote:LondonBlonde - new command papers on immigration ? How exciting ! Where !?!??! (My enthusiasm for government papers on this topic is slightly alarming, actually).

And magsi23 - what's the source/citation indicating that work permits and HSMP won't be issued going forward ? Earlier documents had suggested that work permits would be Tier 2 and HSMP Tier 1, and current visaholders in those categories would be categorised in the new tiers respectively.

AG

The fact that they are introducing new Tier system?

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:57 pm

I agree, what about 10/14 yr ILR rule?
Magsi

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:25 am

Hey gordon, go to page 22 under (architecture of the new system) chapter and start at current tier one criterea. The document is not new however it may not have been public until now.

http://www.the-bac.org/documents/Making ... System.pdf

I have not read the whole thing, but all of it looks very promissing for HSMP. If this guide is accurate then most HSMP will be fine.

Although, I think Work Permit holders will have a difficult time settling after next year.

LondonBlonde

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:47 am

Oh right. I think that's the March 2006 paper, which has been public for a while (in fact, its publication is thought to have prompted a surge in initial applications between Mar06 and Nov06). Am glad you agree that the forward prospects for HSMP are good under the proposed system in the paper, assuming no radical changes are made. And certainly I agree, that under PBS, WP will get rather more complicated, which will make settlement difficult for those who haven't five-year WP in the first instance (or who otherwise require renewal of their WP); I had gotten the impression that WP were not assessed on points previously - have I got that right ? AG

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:38 am

If you've seen this paper before, it's all making more sense to me. Ja, I think WP will be mostly tier 3 and sponsorship rather than points.

I don't see this the same way as forcing HSMP into non-settlement. WP holders were not gauranteed settlement as HSMP was.

The paper does say clearly that this will not be the final points version, but rather a guide to that version. Still, as a guide it looks very good doesn't it?

LondonBlonde

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:05 am

LondonBlonde wrote:If you've seen this paper before, it's all making more sense to me. Ja, I think WP will be mostly tier 3 and sponsorship rather than points.

I don't see this the same way as forcing HSMP into non-settlement. WP holders were not gauranteed settlement as HSMP was.

The paper does say clearly that this will not be the final points version, but rather a guide to that version. Still, as a guide it looks very good doesn't it?

LondonBlonde
Actually, I'd looked at the paper to get a sense of the direction that the wind was blowing, as it were, before I applied for initial HSMP approval. And yes, while the points system has not yet been finalised for HSMP visaholders, it does seem a good guide. Since they revamped the points framework in Nov06, it seems a good bet that they are using the current HSMP points scheme as a pilot, and that the forthcoming points system for HSMP is arguably not going to differ hugely in the new year. Of course, they could then make large changes again, but that would introduce a further shock that would materially damage the credibility of the entire managed migration scheme, not just in tier 1 but in all tiers. AG

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:39 pm

The one thing people should take from all this is: getting into the system is like getting a variable rate loan. Things can change at any time and will affect you immediately.

I was hit by the 4-to-5 yrs change, and was shouting "retrospective" for a while until it dawned on me that this is exactly like my mortgage!
Perry Ismangil

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:47 pm

ismangil wrote:The one thing people should take from all this is: getting into the system is like getting a variable rate loan. Things can change at any time and will affect you immediately.

I was hit by the 4-to-5 yrs change, and was shouting "retrospective" for a while until it dawned on me that this is exactly like my mortgage!
The major difference that in a variable mortage by its very name suggests that the terms are variable. The HO could change the name of the HSMP scheme to VSMP, Variable Skilled Migrant scheme, :) but again that would defeat the purpose of duping non EU skilled workers to UK with the lure of UK citizenship.

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:24 pm

Well maybe we should force HO to put warning boxes like the FSA forces on financial institution.. on all their forms
Perry Ismangil

hsmp2010

new sys

Post by hsmp2010 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:28 pm

how will new system will affecting existing HSMP holders in UK , how their extension would be assessed?
Under new system?

ismangil

Re: new sys

Post by ismangil » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:07 pm

hsmp2010 wrote:how will new system will affecting existing HSMP holders in UK , how their extension would be assessed?
Under new system?
Only time will tell. Remember, we now know that all immigration rules are like variable rate mortgages, they can change anytime and any changes are immediate!
Perry Ismangil