ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exceptionally complex issue letter for tier 2.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

n8net
- thin ice -

Re: Exceptionally complex issue letter for tier 2.

Post by n8net » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:16 pm

any one know what makes HO send these letters ?

keen to know how HO defines a "complex" case.

any similar patterns among the applicants who have received them ?

muzzba
United Kingdom

Post by muzzba » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:04 pm

lugansk wrote:Applied in Feb 2016, exceptionally complex letter in March 2016 and still waiting for a decision :(
HI lugansk,

Is this your first application or a reapplication after being refused once before?

lugansk
Newly Registered

Post by lugansk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Hi muzzba,

Currently on Tier 2 general. The application is for change of employment (initial application).

muzzba
United Kingdom

Post by muzzba » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:43 pm

lugansk wrote:Hi muzzba,

Currently on Tier 2 general. The application is for change of employment (initial application).
Hi Lugansk,

Unfortunately I have been waiting for over six months too but haven't received any information yet.

All we can do is wait. It would be really helpful if anyone who received a reply can come back to us with an update.

lugansk
Newly Registered

Post by lugansk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:46 pm

Yup, that would be helpful but the other members with similar concerns have not been updating this thread. I am not sure if they have been successful or not. I keep calling UKVI once every two weeks but the response is always the same :(

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:48 pm

in these letters, do they tell you why is is £exceptially complex ?

hard to imagine how, changing CoS can be exceptially complex ? not even complex that is IMHO .

muzzba
United Kingdom

Post by muzzba » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:50 pm

lugansk wrote:Yup, that would be helpful but the other members with similar concerns have not been updating this thread. I am not sure if they have been successful or not. I keep calling UKVI once every two weeks but the response is always the same :(

Try twice a week lol.

I had taken leave from work so I can visit home but unfortunately I had to cancel all my place as I have not heard anything back from HO. :cry:
Last edited by muzzba on Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

muzzba
United Kingdom

Post by muzzba » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 pm

n8net wrote:in these letters, do they tell you why is is £exceptially complex ?

hard to imagine how, changing CoS can be exceptially complex ? not even complex that is IMHO .
Hi N8net,

No, they do not give any reason, all they say is if they need any information from us they will contact us.

lugansk
Newly Registered

Post by lugansk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:54 pm

@Muzzba - have realised there is no point calling. Its just for satisfaction and to ascertain if I should look forward to receiving something :)

@N8net - no reason. Will contact if more information is needed.

muzzba
United Kingdom

Post by muzzba » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:56 pm

lugansk wrote:@Muzzba - have realised there is no point calling. Its just for satisfaction and to ascertain if I should look forward to receiving something :)

@N8net - no reason. Will contact if more information is needed.
@Lugansk - That's exactly why I keep calling. To remind them that my application is still with them, so they don't forget about it :(

lugansk
Newly Registered

Post by lugansk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:01 pm

@Muzzba - Do you know if there is away to speed up things? Can we move to priority and will it make it any better or a complex case remains complex irrespective? Can the employer intervene and write to the caseworker?

muzzba
United Kingdom

Post by muzzba » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:09 pm

lugansk wrote:@Muzzba - Do you know if there is away to speed up things? Can we move to priority and will it make it any better or a complex case remains complex irrespective? Can the employer intervene and write to the caseworker?
@Lugansk My employer has tried to intervene and even tried asking if we could move to priority but they said in order to do so I will have to withdraw my application and reapply with a new COS.

They also said that it is a bad move to do so , as the complex issue will be there irrespective of which type of application.

lugansk
Newly Registered

Post by lugansk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:16 pm

@Muzzba - Thanks. Expected so. How did your employer intervene? Tried writing to the caseworker by post? Id your employer a new sponsor? Mine is!

muzzba
United Kingdom

Post by muzzba » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:18 pm

lugansk wrote:@Muzzba - Thanks. Expected so. How did your employer intervene? Tried writing to the caseworker by post? Id your employer a new sponsor? Mine is!
@Lugansk - By intervene I mean they tried calling the home office and speaking with them. Mine isn't a new sponsor they have already sponsored an international student before me.

lugansk
Newly Registered

Post by lugansk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:33 pm

@Muzzba - I think calling the customer number gets us to a general person who has basic access to the database. May be writing to the caseworker actually reminds them of something. However, I read some posts where people have tried writing to the caseworker (no from the employer) with no effect but wanted to ask you tried this.

muzzba
United Kingdom

Post by muzzba » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:41 pm

lugansk wrote:@Muzzba - I think calling the customer number gets us to a general person who has basic access to the database. May be writing to the caseworker actually reminds them of something. However, I read some posts where people have tried writing to the caseworker (no from the employer) with no effect but wanted to ask you tried this.
@Lugansk -I have written the case working team twice, however I received the same reply from them as I do on a phone call.

lugansk
Newly Registered

Post by lugansk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:49 pm

@Muzzba - Thanks. In that case, the only option only to wait or withdraw ;(

lugansk
Newly Registered

Post by lugansk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:51 pm

@Muzzba - Also, then a letter from the employer will not speed up things?

muzzba
United Kingdom

Post by muzzba » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:12 pm

lugansk wrote:@Muzzba - Also, then a letter from the employer will not speed up things?

@lugansk- no it won't make any difference unless they ask for something everything else is vain .

lugansk
Newly Registered

Post by lugansk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:24 pm

@Muzzba - thanks. You have been a support. Will update as we get closer :)

Ranij
Newly Registered

Post by Ranij » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:03 am

What actually causes this delay ? Is it because they don't have enough staff to look into it ? Why don't they just reject it if the application is not convincing. Without the visa its illegal to work/study so basically we are forced to just stay home doing nothing at all.

muzzba
United Kingdom

Post by muzzba » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:16 am

Ranij wrote:What actually causes this delay ? Is it because they don't have enough staff to look into it ? Why don't they just reject it if the application is not convincing. Without the visa its illegal to work/study so basically we are forced to just stay home doing nothing at all.
Hi Ranij,

Not quite true. If your previous visa allowed you to work while in the U.K. And you applied ed before your current visa expired you can continue to live and work unless a decision is made on your application.

Ranij
Newly Registered

Post by Ranij » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:55 am

Hi muzzba, I was made redundant from previous job then found a new employer who applied for my visa under a new COS. So do you mean that I am allowed to work for my new employer full time or am I allowed to work for anybody until the decision on my visa application is made ?

Ranij
Newly Registered

Post by Ranij » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:55 am

Hi muzzba, I was made redundant from previous job then found a new employer who applied for my visa under a new COS. So do you mean that I am allowed to work for my new employer full time or am I allowed to work for anybody until the decision on my visa application is made ?

muzzba
United Kingdom

Post by muzzba » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:58 am

Ranij wrote:Hi muzzba, I was made redundant from previous job then found a new employer who applied for my visa under a new COS. So do you mean that I am allowed to work for my new employer full time or am I allowed to work for anybody until the decision on my visa application is made ?
Hi Ranij,

I am really not in the position to advise you on that as I have not changed employers. Your employer can find out if you are allowed to work by sending a request to the home office .