ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier refused - Reapplication

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AmbreenJumma
Newly Registered

Re: Tier refused - Reapplication

Post by AmbreenJumma » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:43 pm

I am not working at the moment, so it's ok if I don't work till my application is decided. Though it's really hard to survive but I am trying to manage.

I have contacted my MP and wrote an email explaining my whole situation. Just received a call from MP office. They are chasing my application and the answer whether Sheffield office is considering my application or not and they will also answer me back what to do next.

regards,
Ambreen

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:40 pm

AmbreenJumma wrote:I am not working at the moment, so it's ok if I don't work till my application is decided. Though it's really hard to survive but I am trying to manage.

I have contacted my MP and wrote an email explaining my whole situation. Just received a call from MP office. They are chasing my application and the answer whether Sheffield office is considering my application or not and they will also answer me back what to do next.

regards,
Ambreen
Hopefully Sheffield will consider your paper application but if not, and if you haven't made an in-time application, you will still have to leave the UK at the end of the 28 day period if UKVI fail to make a decision on an out-of-time application within the 28 days. In that case the out-of-time application will be considered withdrawn.

AmbreenJumma
Newly Registered

Post by AmbreenJumma » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:11 pm

I am also hoping that Sheffield will consider my application, keeping fingers cross.
My employers are ready to help me in any possible way.

Let's see what happens.. Need prayers.

Thanks for your support and advises.

Regards,
Ambreen

party925

Post by party925 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:46 pm

manci wrote:
AmbreenJumma wrote:I am not working at the moment, so it's ok if I don't work till my application is decided. Though it's really hard to survive but I am trying to manage.

regards,
Ambreen
Hopefully Sheffield will consider your paper application but if not, and if you haven't made an in-time application, you will still have to leave the UK at the end of the 28 day period if UKVI fail to make a decision on an out-of-time application within the 28 days. In that case the out-of-time application will be considered withdrawn.
I do not think so. If this is the case, then why do they allowed Tier 2 to apply within the 28 days grace period. I think they will consider the application if it is lodged within the 28 days grace period. It does not mater when it is decided.

AmbreenJumma
Newly Registered

Post by AmbreenJumma » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:19 pm

Hello,
I have received a reply from my MP, stating that I have to apply online. I am doing an online application now. Home office has said to my MP that I can apply online till 25th September.

Do you guys think I can use a priority service in my case?
Or should I use the standard service?

My passport and BRP card is with home office.

Regards
Ambreen

party925

Post by party925 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:02 pm

That's good to hear.

I have applied by post because I was getting the slot for premium service after the grace period. However, I would have preferred going in-person. The decision may not be on the day, but at least you will know that application is in process.

They should allow you without a passport. You can have photocopies with you. If they don't allow you, then you can post anytime.

I think opinion from senior members would be more beneficial.

At the end its your decision.

party925

Post by party925 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:52 pm

Any progress AmbreenJumma

AmbreenJumma
Newly Registered

Post by AmbreenJumma » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:37 pm

Hello,
I made my online application on 18 September 2015. My visa fees has been deducted as well. But I haven't received any acknowledgement letter from home office yet. It's been a week.

Regards
Ambreen

party925

Post by party925 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:40 pm

Visa granted.
This forum was really helpful. Thank you very much for guiding me.

AmbreenJumma
Newly Registered

Post by AmbreenJumma » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:11 pm

Congratulations Party925

How long did they took to grant you visa for your second application. Did home office gave u a new reference number for new application?

Regards
Ambreen

party925

Post by party925 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:14 am

Thanks

I applied via priority service. They took 9 working days to take the decision. It was a different reference number.

mes12
Newly Registered

Post by mes12 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:36 pm

Hi
Can someone help please . My tier 2 visa was refused on 16th of November due to inappropriate salary .I renegotiated the salary with my employer and they applied for new COS on 26 November 2015 .On 2nd december i applied for an adminstrative review and that was refused on 24 of december and i recieved the post on 29th December.

Since 26 November my employer is waiting for a new Cos to be issued but still have not recieved it and without a Cos i cant make a fresh application.

My employer has emailed several times to business helpdesk regarding my Cos but uptill now to no use.

So in this situation what can i do what are the options available to me.

Very desperate please help

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:42 am

Please ask your employer to call to UKVI number and speak to them to speed up the process.

mes12
Newly Registered

Post by mes12 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:10 pm

My employer emailed to UKVI But they said that as my previous application was out of time they cannot treat it at priority. When i previously applied for tier 2 extension my copmpany was not assigned cos in time and due to this my visa expired on 19th september and i applied on 2nd of october.

Now my employer has applied since 26th of november and they are saying it can taxe upto 18 weeks.

Dont know really what to do very desperate. if someone can help will be very thankful.

Kazi Taslima Ahmed
Newly Registered

Post by Kazi Taslima Ahmed » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:05 pm

I have been working in a hospital as a doctor under tier 2 Visa valid till 14th December,2016.But I wanted to change my job due to family issues. So I have applied for tier 2 VISA extension that was refused on 9/9/2016 as because my new employer did not mention advertised NHS job reference number to proof that they have done proper RLMT. In refusal letter it is mentioned that I have 14 days for Administrative review or apply for extension on another basis. My employer said they will appeal which may take ages. I have already resigned from my current job effective from 30th September,2016 as the recruiting agency who is handling all this was forcing me to do so though I wanted to resign later.
My questions are:
1.Is my old VISA with current hospital that is valid till 14th December is still valid as I have already applied for extension and that was refused or it is already invalid as I have applied for extension and was refused

Kazi Taslima Ahmed
Newly Registered

Post by Kazi Taslima Ahmed » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:16 pm

Hi
few more questions:
2.Do I need to leave UK before 23/09/2016( 14 days from 09/09/2016) if I do not apply for administrative review as I do not have any strong ground. Fault was my employers hospital.
3.What can I do if my new employer do not issue a new COS as it was their fault? I have paid £3278 (applicant+ dependant + health charge) for VISA.
3. How long can I stay legally in UK?
By the way I am non-EU tier 2 migrant.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:57 pm

party925 wrote:While completing the Tier 2 application online, I was asked to write the expiry date of my BRP. My BRP expired on 18/08/2014. I am on 3C leave until 09/09/2015. It was mentioned in my refusal letter that:

'The BRP you submitted with your application has been retained and destroyed as it is no longer valid"

Queries:
1) Should I write the date 18/08/2014 or 09/09/2015.
2) Is there a paper application for postal application for extension of Tier 2 visa? I have not found any.

Thanks
Hi , can you please tell me what expiry date you put in to the online form?

juanli
Newly Registered

Post by juanli » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:39 pm

geriatrix wrote:There is only one expiry date of the BRP - the one mentioned on it!
A PDF form as used to be earlier? No. But reading this may help.

If you wish to apply in person at a PSC, follow the link provided in this topic and look for "Application to extend stay in the UK: form Tier 2".

Hi, Geriatrix

I found your knowledge is really accurate and broad. can I ask you a few questions?
I received my refusal letter on 21st-Dec-2016 because of maintenance fund(I have a period 07 Sep - 19 Sep on my account lower than 945 GBP).

My old CoS says employment start date is 01/01/2017.
My police registration and degree certificate is held by home office ( I did not receive them).

I want to reapply, and I have a few questions.
1. Do I need a new CoS to reapply? (My CoS status is used, and it expires in Mar-2017)
2. Do I have to apply before my employment start date?
3. Do I need my documents back to reapply? or can just apply and say my documents are held by home office?
4.If I don't reapply within 14 days after receiving the refusal letter, will I be an overstayer ? which is after 4th Jan 2017?

Any comment is appreciated, have a lovely Xmas!!!!