ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ALL OCTOBER APPLICANTS: POST HERE

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:07 pm

Vidya,

"Two weeks". That's the standard answer from the SCRIPT that the HO representatives are give to answer Frequently Asked Questions.

You are right here. In two weeks I might get the documents in post. Unfortunately, I will be travelling to US then (leaving on monday). Hence thought if it could work out by tomorrow I will arrange a courier pick that can deliver my papers by Friday.

Without my driving license I will be crippled in the US :(

fortresskay
Newly Registered

Post by fortresskay » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:39 pm

Well i have called them again and they said its been posted since 4th october. does that mean it took them only 2 days to treat my application? This is because it arrived there on Oct 1st, payment deducted on October 3rd....

You really cant predict them. Anyways they've confirmed with me 3 times now that the approval has been granted. I'm just so eager to receive it.

Anybody receiving letters during Royal mail strike?

vidya

Post by vidya » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:29 pm

congrats fortresskay

i am still awaiting reference number allotment , praying that the HDFC ppl did not somehow goof up on on the international DD i purchased from them

vidya

Post by vidya » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:30 pm

congrats fortresskay

i am still awaiting reference number allotment , praying that the HDFC ppl did not somehow goof up on on the international DD i purchased from them :|

pinnacle

Post by pinnacle » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:44 pm

vidya wrote:congrats fortresskay

i am still awaiting reference number allotment , praying that the HDFC ppl did not somehow goof up on on the international DD i purchased from them :|
Vidya,

You can call the HSMP Customer care for the reference number. I did the same thing as I didnt receive any email from them...

dev

Post by dev » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:58 pm

App Sent : 06 Oct
Scheduled Delivery : 09 Oct
Payment : HSBC DD .

Vidya,

DD will take some time to be en-cashed.
That is the only reason why you have not received ref number yet.
BTW did you call them up ?

dev

Post by dev » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:00 pm

Vidya,

DD will take some time to be en-cashed(4-5 days max).
That may be reason why you have not received ref number yet.

dev

Post by dev » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:01 pm

Vidya,

DD will take some time to be en-cashed(4-5 days max).
That may be reason why you have not received ref number yet.

dev

Post by dev » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:08 pm

App Sent 06 Oct
Scheduled Delivery : 9 Oct
Payment : HSBC DD

how long will it take to get a ref number ?
jd wrote:Hi purplepple,

sorry to hear that! but don't be sad this is just a part of game. You are going to be approved next time. Never loose hope!

Thanks,
JD
purplepple wrote:Bad news guys. My application has been declined :( .

I emailed last week to ask if my application is already has assigned to a caseworker. This afternoon, I received a reply to my email that a decision has already been made and that my documents were dispatched via airmail. I was surprised because I mentioned in my cover letter that I will be arranging a courier to pick up my documents.

I called them immediately to ask if I can still have it picked up, they said that it was already sent out this morning. When I asked if it was approved, they said, it wasn't.

It's really strange because the additional evidence I sent was just received by HO this morning. How can they have made a decision that fast? :(

I hope you guys will have better luck than me.

asim_khan

Post by asim_khan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:19 pm

Dear ALL
my application timelines are:

Sent: September 28
Received: October 1st
Payment cleared: October 5th
Got Reference number: October 8th

Today i.e. on October 9th, when i called HO, a man picked up and he told me that the decision has been made on my application but he didnt tell me what was it... then i again called them after an hour later. a lady picked up and she said that the decision has not been made. but it will be in 2-3 days time and they will email me to arrange for courier pickup
I am confused . u know how it is. any suggestions..
I applied from Pakistan. I have read on this forum that many of the applicant got approvals and rejections so quickly...I m not sure where to stand
Thanks
Asim Khan..Khi Pakistan

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:30 am

Hi asim,

I can understand your position. Just sit back and relax. u've done everything u could and its time to wait and see the outcome of the game!
Lets hope for your approval!

and pray for me too :) i'm going to courier right after this Eid from Islamabad.

Regards,
JD
asim_khan wrote:Dear ALL
my application timelines are:

Sent: September 28
Received: October 1st
Payment cleared: October 5th
Got Reference number: October 8th

Today i.e. on October 9th, when i called HO, a man picked up and he told me that the decision has been made on my application but he didnt tell me what was it... then i again called them after an hour later. a lady picked up and she said that the decision has not been made. but it will be in 2-3 days time and they will email me to arrange for courier pickup
I am confused . u know how it is. any suggestions..
I applied from Pakistan. I have read on this forum that many of the applicant got approvals and rejections so quickly...I m not sure where to stand
Thanks
Asim Khan..Khi Pakistan

antouk

Post by antouk » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:38 am

asim,

try calling customer care one more time. I got my status clearly only in the third call. Different ppl pick up the phone, atleast one of them wud understand our anxiousness and reveal the status.

Best of luck.

-Ann

vidya

Post by vidya » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:26 am

Any updates anyone

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:35 am

Hi,

I sent my application on 4 oct . It reached BIA office on 8 Oct morning 10 AM . It was received by Front Desk person as informed by Courier people (FedEx).

As mode of payment I have sent a DD from HSBC issued by ICICI.
When can I expect a reference no for my case?

vidya

Post by vidya » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:18 am

they received mine on friday , Andy ...and i havent yet got my reference number , apparently it might take 4-5days for the DD to clear .....

By the way , the fedex website mentions the name of the person who received the file , ...who was it at front desk who signed for yours?

andy2007

Post by andy2007 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:17 am

It was signed for by F. Rench

asim_khan

Post by asim_khan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:47 pm

Dear All
Bad luk as my application has been declined. I called HO and the lady informed me this and i have also received an email from my case worker that the decision has been made on my application. Now i m arranging MBE courier to collect my documents. Let's c what was the reason of my rejection. i will share that as soon as i will get the letter on me. I request purple also to write his/her reason of refusal and all others as well plz so that we can c how we can proceed forward.
Thanks & love for allllllllllll
Asim Khan...Khi Pak

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:27 pm

Oh sorry to hear about that.

Share the reason as soon as you get the documents.

Regards,
JD
asim_khan wrote:Dear All
Bad luk as my application has been declined. I called HO and the lady informed me this and i have also received an email from my case worker that the decision has been made on my application. Now i m arranging MBE courier to collect my documents. Let's c what was the reason of my rejection. i will share that as soon as i will get the letter on me. I request purple also to write his/her reason of refusal and all others as well plz so that we can c how we can proceed forward.
Thanks & love for allllllllllll
Asim Khan...Khi Pak

pinnacle

Post by pinnacle » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:37 pm

Hi All,
Same is the case with me. Unfortunately my application was refused too.I called HO customer care and they told me it was refused. I will update you with the reason for refusal. Right now I can't think of a single reason of rejection. Is there some problem with October applications !!

briboy15
Newly Registered

Post by briboy15 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:27 pm

I am an American citizen applying for the HSMP. I submitted an Urgent Request form as I have a firm job offer from a company in London.

I am claiming 75 points exactly:

Degree: Bachelors. 30 points
Income: $51,777 salary + $5,200 independent contractor. 25 points

Sent: 9/28/07
Received: 10/1/07
DD: 10/2/07
Ref. # E-mail: 10/3/07
Urgent Treatment Form Received (via e-mail. their fax SUCKS): 10/10/07
E-mail stating application is under consideration: 10/10/07

I MUST get the HSMP or I'm royally screwed!!!!

Best of luck everyone. Cheerio.

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:04 pm

Current Application Status:

SEP 28: Application Sent
OCT 01: Application reached HO
OCT 01: Fee Debited
OCT 03: Got the Reference Number

All applications filed before mine ( on this forum ) have been decided on. In fact lot of applications with timelines later than mine are being decided on.

STILL WAITING....Have been calling HO almost everyday. This is my second application. And if HO takes me for a ride again I think I am wasting my hard earned money :(

asim_khan

Post by asim_khan » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:26 am

Dear All and Cdrainna,
I think u will get through this time cdraina..as your application is taking more time to be processed, i believe u will get this time as they are checking different stuff on your application. mine and others have may be some technical problem in it that is y they straight away point it out and reject it...
plz share as soon as any updates come.
Asim

antouk

Post by antouk » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:26 am

Asim,

Hard luck this time. My kind suggestion wud be, wen u r applying for next time, keep the application and documents straight, no harm in spending time to prepare clear set of documents. Rest is left to luck. And i appreciate ur attitude in taking the rejection with right spirit.

Best of luck next time.

cdraina,
wish u a successful application.

-Ann

majic

Post by majic » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:10 am

Dear Asim,

It is very sad to know that your application has been declined. Hearing this news I called you as well but u have seemed to email me a wrong number.

I am very sad to learn that the decision was like this. Dont worry the review window is always open.

vidya

Post by vidya » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:32 am

feeling very depressed after reading about so many refusals amongst the october applicants .....

Meanwhile no reference number or update on mine ....i am scared to call them as i fear hearing that it is a refusal over the phone , i would rather read the letter to know the results as it will have the reason along with it

Cdraina , any update today on ur side ?