ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issues with spouse application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rawgold

Re: Issues with spouse application

Post by rawgold » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:21 am

Casa wrote:I hope your employer hasn't only been paying you £5.19 per hour. :!:

lol...is just an example CASA

there are conflicting information on where to send documents to in sheffield (my wife is based in nigeria)

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:22 am

rawgold wrote:thanks again mobeen... i earn more than 18600 without overtime... but they usually add everything up together and have been doing the overtime for years now.
Then it doesn't make hardly any difference at all then if you earn the required amount without overtime. Just to cover everything, double check why they round up like that, and you could mention it in your cover letter, but I doubt it will harm your application if you mention it or not!

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:25 pm

appreciate

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:00 pm

If you are giving example of per hour rate of £5.19 then that's fine. Otherwise no legal employment gives less than uk minimum wages rate which is currently £7.20.

In my point of view even the difference is 3p then you should get its clarification written on employer letter plus your own covering letter about that. In my opinion even you have fixed contract but if your wages vary then it's non-salaried because HO don't care about working hours/per hour rate but concerned about total required gross income.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:52 pm

Thanks Seagul... am on non-salaried employment. When I saw Judy got upset a bit and thought I should find out about it on here. I think it exactly the way mobeen explained it, they just rounded things up for me

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:50 am

i just came across something that am not too sure of, so thought I get information about it from here. My pay got raised in July this year but still applied based on category A, though, have been with the same employer for long. Am I right with the category that have just choose.pls help beacause am so pressed right now

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:24 am

rawgold wrote:i just came across something that am not too sure of, so thought I get information about it from here. My pay got raised in July this year but still applied based on category A, though, have been with the same employer for long. Am I right with the category that have just choose.pls help beacause am so pressed right now
Yes, you are still in Cat A.

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:33 pm

Thanks Mobeen..just thought I get clarity on that financial bit.

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:30 am

Hi guys, just have this quick question to ask.

After submission of my documents I read from somewhere that an applicant was refused spouse visa because the bank statements were not original, though the decision was upturn by the tribunal. My question is what do they termed as original bank statement ? I submitted my basic account bank statements which I normally received middle of every month. It has the Santander logo and and other necessary information.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:07 am

They must satisfy the requirements of Appendix FM-SE.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:49 am

Can't stop thinking of any error on my application. I just thought I've made a mistake on the 28 days rule, I included a bank statement I got after application to show my last pay in October. I normally get paid twice each month so, I thought the best thing do was to get my bank statement for November which seemed to wrong judgement. Can anyone clarify this for me pls... I actually thought what they were saying is that one document should not be older than 28 days before submission