ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

January HSMP applicants post here!!!!!!!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

interior
Newly Registered

Applied in January 2008

Post by interior » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:02 pm

I have applied 2nd time dated on 16th January 2008 as I rang them on Monday (21/01/2008) and they gave me my reference No.. i was told by my consultant that this process will take upto 5 weeks so just waiting and finger cross. Will keep you update and also waiting to hear from all of you guys as well.

adeelmpk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

New Application

Post by adeelmpk » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:19 am

Hi, I just signed at immigrationboards, would like my details to be added with others plz.

Application timeline

Application rcvd 10 Jan
Assigned to Case worker / Got reference 18 Jan
Ref No 2181**
Applied from UK

adeelmpk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR (HSMP) : Passport Expiring in 2 months

Post by adeelmpk » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:18 pm

While my HSMP application is still under consideration (Passed to case worker : 18 Jan), I am going to make an in-time FLR (HSMP) application before my current FLR expires. i.e., 6th Feb 08.
Unfortunately my passport also expires 8th April 08, does anyone know if this can make problem as there will be just about 2 months left on my passort when home office will receive application for FLR(HSMP). Thanks.

hari15
Member of Standing

Re: FLR (HSMP) : Passport Expiring in 2 months

Post by hari15 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:26 pm

adeelmpk wrote:While my HSMP application is still under consideration (Passed to case worker : 18 Jan), I am going to make an in-time FLR (HSMP) application before my current FLR expires. i.e., 6th Feb 08.
Unfortunately my passport also expires 8th April 08, does anyone know if this can make problem as there will be just about 2 months left on my passort when home office will receive application for FLR(HSMP). Thanks.
As per present rules Passport should be atleast 6 months valid from the date of application.

You should have renewed your passport well before

But since your Visa is expiring now, you have no other way option than applying for intime FLR-HSMP. Write a request letter along with the application stating the reason for not renewing it (if possible with evidence). say something like it will be renewed immediatly after getting the Visa

But I am not sure whether home office will accept that or not. just give a try as you have no other option now. May be they will agree atleast for the reason that you have submitted before its expiry.

In worst case (hope that wont happen) if they reject your FLR for this passport reason, it wont affect your HSMP approval. You can then go back to home country, renew your passport and then apply for EC from home country based on this hsmp approval(all within 6 months from date of hsmp approval). But if you do this way your ILR clock will be reset.

adeelmpk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by adeelmpk » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:44 pm

hari15 wrote:
adeelmpk wrote:While my HSMP application is still under consideration (Passed to case worker : 18 Jan), I am going to make an in-time FLR (HSMP) application before my current FLR expires. i.e., 6th Feb 08.
As per present rules Passport should be atleast 6 months valid from the date of application.

You should have renewed your passport well before

But since your Visa is expiring now, you have no other way option than applying for intime FLR-HSMP. Write a request letter along with the application stating the reason for not renewing it (if possible with evidence). say something like it will be renewed immediatly after getting the Visa

But I am not sure whether home office will accept that or not. just give a try as you have no other option now. May be they will agree atleast for the reason that you have submitted before its expiry.

In worst case (hope that wont happen) if they reject your FLR for this passport reason, it wont affect your HSMP approval. You can then go back to home country, renew your passport and then apply based for EC from home country (within 6 months). But if you do this way your ILR clock will be reset.
Thanks for a quick reply, yeah I guess its my mistake as I left it too late. however my country's embassy does provide an urgent passport service to renew passport in 6 working days which I can still go for. Are you very sure that a passport must be valid for 6 months. i.e., Do you have a link handy, as I didn't find anything in FLR(HSMP) guidence notes.

Also if I manage to get a new passport before my current FLR expires it will be just a blank passport, in that case what will happen to my existing UK visa (cancelled & I've to restamp it .... ?) I am really confused here. Sorry but it's my first passport extension hence apologies for stupid questions.
Also my current status is SEGS, so I don't have an ILR clock.

hari15
Member of Standing

Post by hari15 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:10 pm

Hi adeelmpk,
I think now you are better position dont worry

I just searched in present FLR HSMP guidelines that 6 months rule is not stated anywhere. But I clearly remember that it was explicitly stated in old applications before a year, Based on that I told.

So as long as it is not been mentioned in present guidelines they cant reject your application on that basis. All you have submit is a valid passort (i.e, before its expiry)

But if you want to make it 100% clear and if you have enough time, renew it,. On renewal usually all country Embassies will give back both the new passport and old passport. Because they knew very well that old passports will contain valid Visa. They will cancel only the old passport and not the Visas in old passport. (This is procedure with Indian embassy, confirm this with your country's embassy).

Suppose if your embassy wont return the old passport then it will be a problem even if you apply for renewal after you get this Visa I am sure they will return old passport

Then while applying for FLR YOU MUST submit both new & old passport

adeelmpk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by adeelmpk » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:07 am

Thanks for replying hari15.
Yeah, I guess I will call home office on Monday and confirm that. A lot of my tension was released to hear that the embassy (Country of Origin: Pakistan) does a one day urgent passport service. And yes they do attach your old passport with newly issued one without cancelling the visa.
So I am not in a very bad situation even if home office does need 6 months validity left on passport for FLR(HSMP).

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:09 am

anyone who got reference no on 18th and in the range of 2455** got update from Home Office ? please reply...

narayans_007
Newly Registered

Got my EC in germany

Post by narayans_007 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:29 am

Hi,

I have applied for EC together with my wife in Germany. Submitted the application on 17th and got the passports back on 25th. I requested in cover letter to issue the post dated 3 months in advance but they issued with immediate start date as effective date.

Regards,
Narayan

chetanamale@gmail.com

Post by chetanamale@gmail.com » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:36 am

anyone who applied from India for HSMP,got reference no on 18th and in the range of 2455** - any update from Home Office ? please reply...

adeelmpk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by adeelmpk » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:09 pm

chetanamale@gmail.com wrote:anyone who applied from India for HSMP,got reference no on 18th and in the range of 2455** - any update from Home Office ? please reply...
My application was passed to case worker on 18th Jan, I phoned today but application is still in progress. How about yours ???

interior
Newly Registered

Re: Applied in January 2008

Post by interior » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:05 pm

I have received my reference dated on 28/01/08.

*Ding*
Newly Registered

Post by *Ding* » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:21 pm

:roll: Has anyone got HSMP1 approved so far? I sent my HSMP and FLR today, not sure how fast they are. Pls post your good news!

kiran99
Newly Registered

Applied for HSMP on 9th Jan 2008

Post by kiran99 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:56 am

Hi All,
The following are my timelines:

application sent from India via Fedex on 9th Jan
app recieved @ Home office on 11th jan
credit card debited on 11th jan
requested for ref.no via email on 23rd Jan
received ref. no.(2457**) on 25th Jan

cheers,
kiran

dps
Newly Registered

Post by dps » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:18 am

chetanamale@gmail.com wrote:anyone who applied from India for HSMP,got reference no on 18th and in the range of 2455** - any update from Home Office ? please reply...
Hi chetan...

I got reference No on 19th
No- 2462**
waiting for decision...
keep in contact

ric001
Newly Registered

Applied on 07 Jan 08

Post by ric001 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:49 am

Hi,

Application received on 7th jan 08...
got reference no. on 15th jan 08 2450**.

Called the HO y'day ...got reply saying they dont tell application status over phone ...and i can contact again incase i dont get any info even after 14 weeks from the application date ....

erpfresh

HSMP Decision

Post by erpfresh » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:18 pm

Hi guys,

As far as I have observed, none of the January Applicants got any status like Approval / Denial , just got their reference numbers.

Not sure when they'll start to consider Jan Applicants and have a little doubt of my own as whether they stopped Considering temporarily b'coz of the new rules from march.

Hope the process advances soon, fingers crossed
Guys share ur updates / comments if any.

*Ding*
Newly Registered

Re: HSMP Decision

Post by *Ding* » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:00 pm

erpfresh wrote:Hi guys,

As far as I have observed, none of the January Applicants got any status like Approval / Denial , just got their reference numbers.

Not sure when they'll start to consider Jan Applicants and have a little doubt of my own as whether they stopped Considering temporarily b'coz of the new rules from march.

I found someone report his/her approval of FLR (applied the beginning of Jan) So I assume HO is still doing their job. They will not wait for the new rules coz they should have announced if they planned to. I guess nothing will change untill further notice. Just keep fingers crossed, good luck to all of us. :wink:

sinha.prashant2728
Newly Registered

HSMP January Applicaition

Post by sinha.prashant2728 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:55 pm

Hi,

I had posted my application on 8th Jan.
Application received on 11th Jan.
Credit Card charged on 14th Jan.
I haven't received any reference number till today.
I called them on 25th Jan and they gave me a reference number for application fees charged and told me that the application is not yet allocated.

Is this normal, or should I call them again around say 1st week of Feb

Thanks,
Prashant

pranjam

Post by pranjam » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:03 am

*Ding* wrote:
erpfresh wrote:Hi guys,

I found someone report his/her approval of FLR (applied the beginning of Jan) So I assume HO is still doing their job. They will not wait for the new rules coz they should have announced if they planned to. I guess nothing will change untill further notice. Just keep fingers crossed, good luck to all of us. :wink:
I dont think thats the case almost 10% of people who applied in January have already got their approval or rejection There are iother websites like trackitt where you can go and check this out

GKdada
Newly Registered

Got ref no

Post by GKdada » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:04 am

HI All,
M applied on 5th Jan
They received on 8th Jan
Ref No emailed on 16th Jan

Ref number is : 2452**

JAH

Guide abt verification call

Post by JAH » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:04 pm

Please giude me about the expecting date of verification call from HO to my Company...so that i could make them refresh abt it.So that they take care of tht call.
The mail i got from HO is given below.
We received your HSMP application on 21/01/08. Your HSMP reference
number is 2*****

Please note that HSMP's current Service Standards aim to make decisions
on 50% of applications within 5 weeks and 90% of applications within 14
weeks.
I m from Pakistan.
I really need ur precious suggestions!!

Rgds,

Jam

anan_78
Newly Registered

Post by anan_78 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:17 am

Some update from me:
I got mail yesterday saying a decision is taken on my application & docs are sent through airmail by 29th.

I made a big mistake, I faxed them jus couple of days back for sending doc through courier (MBE) but probably sud have sent it a week before.

I don;t know what is the decision, thy said they cannot disclose through mail and that the documents are already dispatched through airmail.

I have to wait for documents to find out the decision. I hope i get back documents safely (bit worried about my documents).

Regards.

pranjam

Re: Guide abt verification call

Post by pranjam » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:23 am

JAH wrote:Please giude me about the expecting date of verification call from HO to my Company...so that i could make them refresh abt it.So that they take care of tht call.
The mail i got from HO is given below.
We received your HSMP application on 21/01/08. Your HSMP reference
number is 2*****

Please note that HSMP's current Service Standards aim to make decisions
on 50% of applications within 5 weeks and 90% of applications within 14
weeks.
I m from Pakistan.
I really need ur precious suggestions!!

Rgds,

Jam
I dont know of a single instance where HO calls up your company for verification. Its after your have received your approval and apply for EC that Integra calls up your company's HR (in most cases) for verifying your whereabouts.

Someone correct me if i am worng

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:35 pm

hi
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I found someone report his/her approval of FLR (applied the beginning of Jan) So I assume HO is still doing their job. They will not wait for the new rules coz they should have announced if they planned to. I guess nothing will change untill further notice. Just keep fingers crossed, good luck to all of us.

I dont think thats the case almost 10% of people who applied in January have already got their approval or rejection There are iother websites like trackitt where you can go and check this out
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guys ,I did verify trackit as I also registered in there.
I gave my statement after analyzing Initial HSMP applications (not flr)those of which reached HO in the month of January from that web site .
I rechecked again and only probarbly 1 person who applied for urgent treatment got his decision .