ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal to issue PRC because I had no comprehensive insuranc

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tdealing

Re: Refusal to issue PRC because I had no comprehensive insu

Post by tdealing » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:18 pm

noajthan wrote:
tdealing wrote:But can I not apply through a centre where they copy your passport so you can keep your passport?
Have you checked if you qualify to use new doc checking service?
No, sorry, how can I check whether I qualify? Thanksss

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:20 pm

tdealing wrote:
noajthan wrote:
tdealing wrote:But can I not apply through a centre where they copy your passport so you can keep your passport?
Have you checked if you qualify to use new doc checking service?
No, sorry, how can I check whether I qualify? Thanksss
Google new EEA document checking service

Here's a clue:
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/online- ... available/
- not for FMs
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:31 pm

noajthan wrote:Here's a clue:
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/online- ... available/
- not for FMs
Cool thanks I will contact some of the centres now. Just worried the service is only for naturalisation applications.

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:36 pm

So if I cannot use EEA NCS service as a family member, could I use them if I apply as the main applicant and having my mum as my sponsor?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:46 pm

tdealing wrote:Cool thanks I will contact some of the centres now. Just worried the service is only for naturalisation applications.
NCS is for naturalisation (only); the clue is in the name.

European passport return service is for EU applications.

Two different processes that happen to be run by councils.

And even if you are a main applicant you are still a family member if you are dependent on a sponsor.

tdealing

Post by tdealing » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:55 pm

noajthan wrote:
tdealing wrote:Cool thanks I will contact some of the centres now. Just worried the service is only for naturalisation applications.
NCS is for naturalisation (only); the clue is in the name.

European passport return service is for EU applications.

Two different processes that happen to be run by councils.

And even if you are a main applicant you are still a family member if you are dependent on a sponsor.
Oh okay, so basically it means I have to send my passport, I suppose it's worth sacrificing my holiday just wonder if if it's worth all that efforts. It's really tough getting PRC, I didn't think it was this difficult. I really feel let down, sad, somewhat cheated and disappointed and I wonder whether I want to hold that status anymore. :(

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:19 am

tdealing wrote:Oh okay, so basically it means I have to send my passport, I suppose it's worth sacrificing my holiday just wonder if if it's worth all that efforts. It's really tough getting PRC, I didn't think it was this difficult. I really feel let down, sad, somewhat cheated and disappointed and I wonder whether I want to hold that status anymore. :(
You have lost nothing. Unclear why you would expect everything to fall into your lap.

Its all about opportunity cost.
Its your call whether you prefer a week in the sun or to secure your future in UK with Brexit looming.

twgal
United Kingdom

Post by twgal » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:05 am

tdealing wrote:
Oh okay, so basically it means I have to send my passport, I suppose it's worth sacrificing my holiday just wonder if if it's worth all that efforts. It's really tough getting PRC, I didn't think it was this difficult. I really feel let down, sad, somewhat cheated and disappointed and I wonder whether I want to hold that status anymore. :(
No need to feel let down and cheated... you're overreacting.

You can request your passports back right after you apply. Use Royal Mail special delivery for your paper application and keep your tracking number. After you send in your paper application, you will receive a confirmation email (or letter) stating your case ID.

Then go to this form listed below and ask for passports back (this is where you mention your case ID and/or Royal Mail tracking number, so that UKVI can locate your application). Make sure you say NO to the question that asks "do you want to withdraw your application?" so that they only send passports back, not all documents.

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

We got our passports back 2 weeks after we applied.

It appears that you are not really doing much research to try and understand what to do in your case. The questions you've been asking can be all solved with a quick forum search or google search. Your case (as a family member) is quite simple and straightforward.

Best of luck though.