ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leaving Voluntarily after overstaying will ban for how Long?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Leaving Voluntarily after overstaying will ban for how L

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:31 pm

usmmlik wrote:
CR001 wrote:If she applies for a visit visa, she has to state she is married and provide details as/if required. UKVI will check the records based on her previous visitor application and will see all the information about you.

You really should think about doing the right thing and go home instead of trying to apply for things you don't qualify for. This will have long term effects in terms of PR/ILR and citizenship if you get to that point. Your immigration history has a huge black mark now.
I was trying to wait for the General Election, until my Application is under process. may be if new government comes and the make changes in the law and they announce a Amnesty scheme.
that why I was waiting
Realistically, you may well have a very long wait.............. :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:34 pm

Casa wrote:
usmmlik wrote:
CR001 wrote:If she applies for a visit visa, she has to state she is married and provide details as/if required. UKVI will check the records based on her previous visitor application and will see all the information about you.

You really should think about doing the right thing and go home instead of trying to apply for things you don't qualify for. This will have long term effects in terms of PR/ILR and citizenship if you get to that point. Your immigration history has a huge black mark now.
I was trying to wait for the General Election, until my Application is under process. may be if new government comes and the make changes in the law and they announce a Amnesty scheme.
that why I was waiting
Yes agree, long wait as unlikely to happen. Wasn't it Boris who bandied this about during the referendum last year??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

usmmlik

Post by usmmlik » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:36 pm

Casa wrote:
usmmlik wrote:

that why I was waiting
yes you are 100% right, and thanks for your advise, i will make my mind to go back home. Can I Get my Passport from H.O without leaving the country?
Many Thanks

usmmlik

Post by usmmlik » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:38 pm

CR001 wrote:
Casa wrote:
usmmlik wrote:

that why I was waiting
Yes agree, long wait as unlikely to happen. Wasn't it Boris who bandied this about during the referendum last year??
Yes Boris said to legalise all the over stayers and Labour will make some changes in the law, may be I will be able to get a student visa again and get my degree? if law changes

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:46 pm

usmmlik wrote:Yes Boris said to legalise all the over stayers and Labour will make some changes in the law, may be I will be able to get a student visa again and get my degree? if law changes
Boris is Tory not Labour and IF there every is such a change, it will be a long time from now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:53 pm

CR001 wrote:
usmmlik wrote:Yes Boris said to legalise all the over stayers and Labour will make some changes in the law, may be I will be able to get a student visa again and get my degree? if law changes
Boris is Tory not Labour and IF there every is such a change, it will be a long time from now.
By which time Brexit is likely to be well underway, leaving any EFM without valid leave even less chance of remaining. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

usmmlik

Post by usmmlik » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
I wish I had a "Backspace" button in my life, i could rectify all my mistakes.
this is a great forum and moderators are very helpful and they are more sincere than the solicitors. spent almost 10K on solicitors and still not at any point.
Will go back and start my life with my family.
Many many thanks for your time and advise.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:06 pm

I hope everything works out well for you and your family in your new life together.

We all have regrets, but the thing is to learn from life. Lamar Odom
(Casa, not CR001)