ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa From Bangladesh

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mash17101

Re: Spouse Visa From Bangladesh

Post by Mash17101 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:56 pm

Yes awaiting decision is the final step its all about when it goes infeont of an eco.if its straight forward then the day the eco will look at it it will de decided if not then it gets passed on to senior managers and that will tale forever.atm they have put an hold on many applications aswel and nothing is being done at thos point on those applications.jan and feb the people applied there decisions were pretty quick.but feom march to know its taking ages not sure if there has been changes made by the HO un official off corse that we dont know about and thats why its taking so long.hopfully soon well get our decisions

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:38 am

I really hope that the decision gets decided quick it's frustrating and is a big suspense. People are waiting anxiously with no updates.

The system works different for literally every application.

A uncle of mine had a successful visa granted for wife within 2 weeks. A friend of mine in 4 weeks. Another in 3 weeks . Then a friends friend in 9 weeks. Just doesn't make sense they all submitted between December to late January and 1 in March.

abz79

Post by abz79 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:22 pm

hello everyone
as you all know, I applied for my wife visa at 4th june from Sylhet and send all the documents to Sheffield on 8th of june.
today 27/6/17 I got back my documents. They even did not keep the application form which was attached with applicant's photo.
hopefully they will start the processing now.

Bengali1985
Newly Registered

Post by Bengali1985 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:27 pm

abz79 wrote:hello everyone
as you all know, I applied for my wife visa at 4th june from Sylhet and send all the documents to Sheffield on 8th of june.
today 27/6/17 I got back my documents. They even did not keep the application form which was attached with applicant's photo.
hopefully they will start the processing now.
Hi abz, it was pretty quick reply from Sheffild. Did you receive any accompanying letter from UKVI?

abz79

Post by abz79 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:57 pm

hi
there was no letter with the document.
what they have done is just scan the documents and sent it back.
they let know the decision to applicant and she would know when received the passport
from VFS centre.

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:42 pm

abz79 wrote:hi
they let know the decision to applicant and she would know when received the passport
from VFS centre.
Hi Abz,

Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully not to long for you since you got everything back so quick!

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:24 pm

abz79 wrote:hi
from VFS centre.
We received our return document bundle the same way. There was no letter that said the documents have been copied as many here have got when their documents were returned.

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:41 pm

Hi pixel,

Have you heard anything just did status check and still the same thing know this guy is telling me that a decision can take up to 3 months.this is well annoying.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:26 am

Mash17101 wrote:Hi pixel,

Have you heard anything just did status check and still the same thing know this guy is telling me that a decision can take up to 3 months.this is well annoying.
Hi Mash,

Still nothing unfortunately and been awaiting a decision since 10/05/2017. I honestly don't know how much longer this is going to be and as the days go by, more doubt starts creeping in.

Not the best place to be in honestly.

And who told you that a decision can take up to 3 months?

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:32 am

Hi pixel,

Ukvi customer services who i called to get a status update told me.what i dont understand is that loads of people are getting decisions within 3 months and to be honest im not sure if its going to be good news.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:15 am

Ukvi customer services who i called to get a status update told me.what i dont understand is that loads of people are getting decisions within 3 months and to be honest im not sure if its going to be good news.
That's concerning because the agent I talked to at UKVI said that it's not normal to have your application on "awaiting a decision" for more than 21 days working days. I honestly don't know if these agents even know what they're doing since each one of them has a different conflicting advice every time you call.

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:37 am

pixelrage09 wrote:

That's concerning because the agent I talked to at UKVI said that it's not normal to have your application on "awaiting a decision" for more than 21 days working days. I honestly don't know if these agents even know what they're doing since each one of them has a different conflicting advice every time you call.

Have you contacted an mp as yours has been a while i think you should start chasing.mine is coming up to 56 days today working so i cant esculate anything till 90 days but im sure you can.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:00 pm

Mash17101 wrote:
pixelrage09 wrote:

Have you contacted an mp as yours has been a while i think you should start chasing.mine is coming up to 56 days today working so i cant esculate anything till 90 days but im sure you can.
Contacted our MP quite a few times and when they called Sheffield, they were told not to bother them till the 6 months were over. Literally cannot do anything at this point other than wait, wait and wait some more..

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:19 pm

With regards to contacting MP. I think there are 1 of 2 explanations for the answer you got.

1. The home office have heard all the excuses you can think of and simply would just continue to do what they do unless which it happened to be a profile case.

2. It also depends on the MP you have. If the MP does care, then they would not just accept the answer given and can pursue this further up the chain. Meaning your MP should chase this up as opposed to simply saying exactly what was told.

I really hope that you get this sorted out. I know the feeling to of waiting and waiting and waiting. Maybe try yourself to contact UKVI e-mail and see if this can be escalated. Please kindly update us with your progress.

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:59 pm

Hi pixel,

Checked with a solicitor who spoke to a senior ECO and said anyone who has received an on HOLD email they are all refusals as they have been assesed anyone who has received an CASE NOT STRAIGHT FORWARD there application is taking between 5 and 9 months and the ones that the case is straightforward its takig between 3 and 4 months.havnt received anything as of yet but who knows my 3 months is nearly up so we shall see but again waiting game.

Goodluck tho

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:01 pm

Checked with a solicitor who spoke to a senior ECO and said anyone who has received an on HOLD email they are all refusals as they have been assesed anyone who has received an CASE NOT STRAIGHT FORWARD there application is taking between 5 and 9 months and the ones that the case is straightforward its takig between 3 and 4 months.havnt received anything as of yet but who knows my 3 months is nearly up so we shall see but again waiting game.

Goodluck tho
Hi,

I started my application and it's almost been 3 months. I did not receive any such e-mail except for just sending TB certificate and English language requirement evidence. All these were scanned in Sylhet office already in April but they claim not to have received it. Though doesn't bother me to much as send these straight away,

Anyway does this mean that I am un-affected as I didn't none of the above status?
When did you apply BTW?

Have you requested a update on your case or will you wait till the full 3 months are up?

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:08 pm

thekhan87 wrote:

Goodluck tho
Hi,

I started my application and it's almost been 3 months. I did not receive any such e-mail except for just sending TB certificate and English language requirement evidence. All these were scanned in Sylhet office already in April but they claim not to have received it. Though doesn't bother me to much as send these straight away,

Anyway does this mean that I am un-affected as I didn't none of the above status?
When did you apply BTW?

Have you requested a update on your case or will you wait till the full 3 months are up?
I have been requesting updates twice a week for about 4 weeks know as its been saying awaiting decision for that long.you should be in the clear as you would have received an email saying case not straight forward by know mine will be 3 months on tuesday so lets wait and see or il have to esculate it after it passes the 3 month marker.are you on awaiting a decision status?

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:27 am

On 6th June when I called to get update was told currently awaiting a decision. I did not check prior to that as I think it's best not to regularly contact them as it could just delay the process.

Though the status could of been there longer than that.

I hope all is well.

pixelrage09
India

Post by pixelrage09 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:11 am

Goodluck tho
Hi Mash,

It's quite shameful that they would refuse everyone that got the on-hold email especially since a lot of them have incomes above GBP 18,600.

And is your solicitor able to check with the senior ECO regarding your case?

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:48 am

Hi pixel,

No the solicitor can not check my application with the eco.

The problem we all have with the 18600 thresh hold is nearly everyone who earns this exact amount almost everyone gets refused the readon for this is even though this is what is required by law the way they get everyone is they start looking at your spending and expenses and they there reasons will be you dont have enough left to support your partner so this is something they always do.so realistically the un official amount is proberbly more over 20,000 then the 18600 this is what i have found out i could be wrong but it does make alot of sense also.the law requires us to have a minimum of 400 pounds left in the account for everymonth for up to six months of more as this is what a person needs.

As far as the hold cases are concerned the on hold ones are all refusals the reason why they have been put on hold is to review them and they need to check was everything done correctly due to the judical judgment.

Hope this helps this is just what i heard i could be wrong but alot of it does make sense.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:09 pm

There is no law that requires £400 in the account every month.

All that is required, is gross earning of 18600 per year.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Mash17101

Post by Mash17101 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:45 pm

Obie wrote:There is no law that requires £400 in the account every month.

Im not saying there is a law that requires you to have £400 per month what im saying is the law requires you to live on a minimum of 400 per month hence when you earn the 18600 they dig deep to see if you have this left to ensure your partner will have enough money to live on that is why alot of people who earn 18600 get refused due to the financial requirments this is another way of hiking the thresh hold un officially of corse but this is just the information thats been given to me as i said i coupd be wrong

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:49 pm

I have been involved with many entry clearance application since 9th July 2012 and many of the bank statement shows overdraft. I have never seen a refusal on that basis. If you have seen someone with such refusal. It will be a first.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

thekhan87
United Kingdom

Post by thekhan87 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:16 pm

Mash17101 wrote:
Obie wrote:There is no law that requires £400 in the account every month.

Im not saying there is a law that requires you to have £400 per month what im saying is the law requires you to live on a minimum of 400 per month hence when you earn the 18600 they dig deep to see if you have this left to ensure your partner will have enough money to live on that is why alot of people who earn 18600 get refused due to the financial requirments this is another way of hiking the thresh hold un officially of corse but this is just the information thats been given to me as i said i coupd be wrong

Hi mate,

There is no law to say you must like on a minimum of £400 per month. There are plenty of people even those on '0' hour contracts that cannot gurantee they make a x amount of income including those who are part time.

Though if there is a law like you are claiming. Can I kindly ask which law are you referring to as it will be interesting to look at.

Thanks mate.

abz79

Post by abz79 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:42 pm

hello guys
is anyone have got any response from home office?