ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Retained Rights of residence for non eea family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PaikonJay
Newly Registered

Re: Retained Rights of residence for non eea family member

Post by PaikonJay » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:12 am

Hi guys,

I really need your advice. My wife is an eea national and we have been married for almost 6 years. We have a son who is Norwegian national too. I am due to apply for my PR in December 2019.
Over the past one and half years our relationship has been toxic. She goes out partying till 3-4am almost daily. When I advise her to stop she insults. She wants divorce but only through the Islamic way. She doesn’t want to go through lawyers and the court system. I have tried my best to explain to her that though we got married Islamically at first in 2013, few months later we did the civil marriage. She has threatened that she will be leaving the UK in the next two months to return to Norway.

Our son is currently on holiday in Norway with the grand parents and his passport needs to be renewed. She needs to sign for it to be renewed and she doesn’t want to do so. She has been working and studying throughout our marriage. I have also been working throughout.

I have done all I can to talk to her, advice her, treat her well, offer things I know she likes ex traveling etc. she doesn’t care anymore more causing me anguish.

I need your advice please. She is determined not to help me in my PR application. I am trying to see if I can find away of going to Norway and renew my sons visa myself. Not sure if that will work. But maybe i could and bring the boy over to start school this September. He already has got a spot in a school in london.

What are my options are there for me to get my PR if my wife is not willing to cooperate please?