ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March EC applicants here!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ash123

Post by ash123 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:08 am

catchme1210 wrote:Hi guys(ash123,crusador0408),

It takes around a weeks time to get any status on the VFS site. For my application too it was showing "Invalid search" for all these days. It was only today that it fetched some result :)

I have a quick question here. When I had applied for EC, I didn't have any job offer in hand. Yesterday I cleared the final around of interview and now I have their offer in hand. Is there any way that i can fax this to British High Comission?

Any pointers will be helpful.
Application status: visa application forwarded to

the British High Commission 12 Mar 2008
Vfs Centre: Pune
Final Result: waiting
Refer to this [url]hxxp://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=280[/url]
replace 'hxxp' with 'http'
Applying for Tier 1 Dependant visa for baby

dhirajhotjat
Newly Registered

I am getting result from VFS site

Post by dhirajhotjat » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:29 pm

Guys,
I have applied for EC on 17th Mar i have searched today and i am able to see status as your Application forwarded to BHC on 17th March.

Hsmp Aproval date: 1st Feb 2008
Ec Applied date: March 17th 2008
Integra Check status: No idea
Application status: visa application forwarded to the British High Commission 17 Mar 2008
Vfs Centre: Bangalore

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:17 pm

It takes around a weeks time to get any status on the VFS site. For my application too it was showing "Invalid search" for all these days. It was only today that it fetched some result :)
Its been already more than two weeks, earlier it was showing the status.now all of sudden it stopped...VFS ppl told me thr server was down as i called them yesterday at same time when it was showing me in valid search.

Nothing else.

Regarding job offer@catchme1210
How come you convinced your employer without face to face?
Did they asked for face to face even once?
How differently you tried things like people get UK number, set video conferences..like this any special efforts by you?
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

vish_shan

Post by vish_shan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:05 pm

Hi Catchme,

It would be great if you share or assist the details for proceeding with arranging the interviews from UK. From my side its totally void how to go about it. Just waiting for the EC to be cleared first and then am thinking of job search. But before hand it would be great if u share the details so tht it would be helpful to others.

Cheers,
Vishnu.

Hsmp Aproval date : 8th Feb
Ec Applied date : March 7th
Vfs Centre : Chennai
Result : waiting.

I have a quick question here. When I had applied for EC, I didn't have any job offer in hand. Yesterday I cleared the final around of interview and now I have their offer in hand. Is there any way that i can fax this to British High Comission?

Any pointers will be helpful.
Application status: visa application forwarded to

the British High Commission 12 Mar 2008

enthulon
Newly Registered

Post by enthulon » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:57 pm

Guys,
I have applied within UK. So I dont think there will be any integra(dont even know what is that) check. Anyways I have received my EC reference number through post. I am currently on a work permit. ___________________________________________
Hsmp Aproval date: 8th Feb 2008
Ec Applied date: March 10th 2008
Integra Check status: It is not required for in country applicants

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Integra done!

Post by crusador0408 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:54 am

Guys,
Just to inform you about Integra a bit whatever I came to know about.

I mailed my ex-HR ( unemployed now) asking if integra is done. She said done, it is just a check they perform to see whatever info I have provided is correct. My ex-employer is based out of london.

Any idea how much time more it would take to decide and receive passport? I am hoping it might be quick process now because:
1. I am not working anywhere rite now.
2. Ex-employer verification is done now.

Any thoughts?
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

catchme1210
Newly Registered

Post by catchme1210 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:46 am

hello @crusador/@vish_shan,

I got a offer from a indian based large IT firm for their client requirement in UK. It is a long term onsite requirement and i can directly join their UK office. I haven't had any face-2-face interview. The technical round was taken by a lady from their india office. The HR round was taken by their HR who are based out of their UK office.

I would advise you to put your resume on Indian job portals with the header "UK HSMP VISA APPROVEd" though you haven't yet got the EC. This way you can start getting calls from atleast the indian firms. Once you get call, you can clarify your visa status.

Its better to go there with a offer in hand rather than going their unemployed :) thats is my take, you all can beg to defer.

all the best. Please feel free to send me pm for any query that you have.

Application status: visa application forwarded to the British High Commission 12 Mar 2008

maidy

fillable VAF2

Post by maidy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:25 pm

can anybody provide me fillable VAF2 plz.

thanks
Maddy

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Re: fillable VAF2

Post by crusador0408 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:28 pm

maidy wrote:can anybody provide me fillable VAF2 plz.

thanks
you can put your doubts quoting Point #'s where you feel difficulty to fill. I can help you on tht...

Gud luck!

Preetamr
Newly Registered

Post by Preetamr » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:27 am

Hi dhirajhotjat,

Let me tell you my experience, My HR got a call from the Integra and they said they were calling from the BHC as a verification call on my VISA application. They sent a form similar to the one we filled at the time of application to cross verify. I got a call from my HR asking me to verify the information before sending it back to them. We verified and sent it back. They reason why my HR was so supportive was that i'm being moved to the same conpany to the UK branch.

So, its better you keep your HR updated and keep them aware of the process. Later they should not deny revealing your employee information and your earnings

nitin14980
Newly Registered

New rules for EC

Post by nitin14980 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:52 am

Hi SUkhbir,
if we assume that the reply you received is true then there is no meaning of transitional agreements made under new rules.

1)what is the meaning of the following paragraph mentioned under the new rules of Transitional Agreement
2) EC will be given for 2 yrs or 3 yrs if one already has HSMP letter and apply after 1st April ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If an applicant has made an application in India for entry clearance on or after 1 April
2008, or has made an application in the UK for limited leave to remain on or after 29
February 2008, and has submitted with that application a valid Highly Skilled Migrant
Programme Approval Letter, the applicant will be automatically awarded 75 points under
Appendix A and 10 points under Appendix B.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nitin14980
Newly Registered

Re: JUST FOR INFORMATION FRIENDS:

Post by nitin14980 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:01 am

I think there is some confusion and I am not sure the information you received is actually correct. Have a look at this link:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... angements/

Let me know if I am wrong or you have any updates other than this one...

Sukhdeep wrote:Dear Mr. Sukhdeep Singh,

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query,

This is to keep you informed that the new procedures for the HSMP approval is only applicable for people who are yet to apply for the HSMP approval and not for HSMP visa processing.

If any one who has already received the HSMP approval can apply anytime before or after April they will follow the old process and the old fees of Rs.16000/-.

We hope the above information has been of help to you. If you require any further assistance please feel free to contact us. Our contact details are as given below.

Thanks & Regards

UK Helpdesk

Helpline no – 080-40084008

SMS VISA <SPACE> UK <SPACE> PASSPORT NO to 57333 receive the status of your application.

Please book all appointment in advance to submit your applications.

Visit www.vfs-uk-in.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 2:04 PM
To: vfsuk.south@vfs-uk-in.com
Subject: EC Query

Respected Sir/Madam

I got HSMP Approval letter in Jan and I am planning to apply for EC around 25th March 2008.

My Queries are :

1. If my application is not approved by 31 March , what will happen to my application

2. Can I apply in april or may with old rules for EC in India. If yes then will the rules applied will be exactly same as now. If there will be some difference then what that will be?

On http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... angements/ I was reading following lines:

The Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) has closed for applicants in the United Kingdom, and will be closing for applicants in India in April now that Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker of the points-based system has been introduced. If you are in the rest of the world, you will be able to apply later in the year.

On 1 April 2008 Tier 1 (General) is introduced for applications for permission to enter (known as 'entry clearance') made in India.

There will be a number of applicants who will be part-way through the two-stage application process (application for HSMP approval letter followed by a separate application for the associated entry clearance or leave to remain). A number of people will have already successfully applied for an HSMP approval letter but will have yet to apply for entry clearance or leave to remain. HSMP approval letters are valid for six months from the date of issue.

Arrangements have been put in place to allow those who have an HSMP approval letter to apply for entry clearance or further leave to remain by making a Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker application. They are:

if you have made an application for entry clearance as a highly skilled migrant before 1 April 2008 in India only, and it has not been decided before that date;
if you have made an application for leave to remain as a highly skilled migrant before 28 February 2008, and it has not been decided before that date;
if, on 1 April 2008, you have already applied for a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme approval letter (HSMP approval letter) but have yet to apply for entry clearance as a highly skilled migrant; or
if, on 29 February 2008, you have already applied for or obtained an HSMP approval letter but have yet to apply for leave to remain as a highly skilled migrant.
If you apply with a valid HSMP approval letter, you are charged a reduced Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker fee for your application. Read the section on costs to work out the fee you must pay.

If you have been issued with an HSMP approval letter, you must now make a Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker application. You are automatically awarded the 75 points required to qualify under the attributes points assessment of Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker and will not need to show you meet the English language requirement.

You do not need to fill in the attributes section, so you can go straight to the maintenance section of the application form.

If you already have a valid HSMP approval letter, you should go to the maintenance section of the points assessment and complete the rest of the application form.

Thanks

Sukhdeep Singh

oglakci
Newly Registered

Tier 1 in effect for applications after April 1 in India

Post by oglakci » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:23 am

Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply for EC on 28th of March and having a similar doubt regarding to new rules of Tier 1. So I send an e-mail to chennai.visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk. This is what I asked in the mail:

I have acquired personal loans for my initial expenses in UK but the amount has not been existing in my account for the last 3 months.

I will be applying for EC under the HSMP and I am planning to submit my documents to VFS office on March 28 or March 31. In this case will my application be affected from the maintenance category of Tier 1?

Which applications are to be considered under Tier 1 (maintenance attribute)?

- The ones submitted to VFS office from April 1 onwards? OR
- The ones which might have been submitted to VFS office before April 1 but have not been reached to a decision in Chennai High Commision before April 1. (possible case for me)

Could you please clarify this point?

And their reply was:

Anybody who holds an approval letter and makes an application before 01 April 2008 at VFS is not subject to the £2800 requirement.

Based on this reply I decided to apply on March 28. I hope everything goes well.

nitin14980
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 in effect for applications after April 1 in India

Post by nitin14980 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:58 pm

Where is it given that maintenance funds = 2800 have to be there in the account for 3 months ?
oglakci wrote:Hi Guys,

I am planning to apply for EC on 28th of March and having a similar doubt regarding to new rules of Tier 1. So I send an e-mail to chennai.visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk. This is what I asked in the mail:

I have acquired personal loans for my initial expenses in UK but the amount has not been existing in my account for the last 3 months.

I will be applying for EC under the HSMP and I am planning to submit my documents to VFS office on March 28 or March 31. In this case will my application be affected from the maintenance category of Tier 1?

Which applications are to be considered under Tier 1 (maintenance attribute)?

- The ones submitted to VFS office from April 1 onwards? OR
- The ones which might have been submitted to VFS office before April 1 but have not been reached to a decision in Chennai High Commision before April 1. (possible case for me)

Could you please clarify this point?

And their reply was:

Anybody who holds an approval letter and makes an application before 01 April 2008 at VFS is not subject to the £2800 requirement.

Based on this reply I decided to apply on March 28. I hope everything goes well.

nitin14980
Newly Registered

Post by nitin14980 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:31 pm

aarti1280
Newly Registered

Post by aarti1280 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:13 am

hi everybody,

can u guys please help me...my hsmp approval date is 5th October, can i still apply under the old rules till 31st march...if yes then can somebody please summarise all that i need to do for EC so that i can complete it within a day or 2...

thanks in advance...

oglakci
Newly Registered

Post by oglakci » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:56 am

aarti1280:

The HSMP approval letter is valid for 6 months, so please do the calculation. Regarding to the EC, check out the below website, you'll find all the information.

http://ec-hsmp.blogspot.com/2007/11/ec- ... -hsmp.html

oglakci
Newly Registered

Post by oglakci » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:59 am

aarti1280:

Yes you can apply under the old rules as soon as you submit your application to the VFS office on March 31 or before.

aarti1280
Newly Registered

Post by aarti1280 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:29 am

thanks for the info, now 2 important things:
1) is it necessary to give proof of accomodation booking or letter from friend
2) I hv communication with a couple of consultants dating way bck to Oct 07. Thus, what i can do now is tk prints of the relevant work profiles on offer from various job sites, wud that be sufficient enough...

also confirming i hv to fill VAF2 alongwith all docs plus where do i get teh integra form....

Rgds,
Aarti

aarti1280
Newly Registered

Post by aarti1280 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:33 am

just want a confirmation whether my application should reach VFS before expiry of 6 months or shud reach the visa stamping authorities before expiry of 6 months...

nitin14980
Newly Registered

Post by nitin14980 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:10 am

Hi
I have HSMP approval letter stamped dated 2 Nov 2007. I am applying for EC next week ( 27 or 28 March). I would like to know:

1) If I apply EC for my wife along with me then do I need to show the accommodation proof for her as well ?

2) If I apply EC only for me now then what will be the situation when I will have to apply for my wife's EC after 1st April ? Will that be under Tier 1 system or the old system only

Need help.. Please post if anybody knows the answers.

nitin14980
Newly Registered

Post by nitin14980 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:11 am

Your application should reach them before 6 months ...that should be Ok.
aarti1280 wrote:just want a confirmation whether my application should reach VFS before expiry of 6 months or shud reach the visa stamping authorities before expiry of 6 months...

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:16 am

aarti1280 wrote:thanks for the info, now 2 important things:
1) is it necessary to give proof of accomodation booking or letter from friend
2) I hv communication with a couple of consultants dating way bck to Oct 07. Thus, what i can do now is tk prints of the relevant work profiles on offer from various job sites, wud that be sufficient enough...

also confirming i hv to fill VAF2 alongwith all docs plus where do i get teh integra form....

Rgds,
Aarti
Hi,
1) This is not mandatory requirement to show accomodation proof. There are so many accepted visa cases where there was no proof shown for accomodation. You can write that at the end in points to mention that you will arrange that only after u get visa.
Better if you can easily show hotel booking than friends accomo.( even in sponsored accomodation, they keep asking lots of documents apart from simple proofs.)
2)
You can attached that consultants conversation printouts, plus some jobs by email also which are sent in your account by the jobsites of UK. If you dont have those, even register there now and enable that. Take some printouts, or send your CV to few of the select recruitment consultants addresses, wait for response. even if that doesnt works out, call up them and try sending them cv and then they will respond you. you can print these and attach.
Hope that makes simpler.

Good luck!

Sukhdeep

Post by Sukhdeep » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:52 am

Hi friends I am planning to book a hotel for accomodation for 15 days

1. is 15 days period enough
2. On booking.com all the hotels have written
"The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival."
What does it mean by pre-authorisation of credit cards?

Please reply soon
Thanks
Sukhdeep

Sukhdeep

Re: JUST FOR INFORMATION FRIENDS:

Post by Sukhdeep » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:00 am

Friends I am also little confused regarding this transition arrangement. What I feel now is that this transitional arrangements are optional.
you can apply by old rules, but if you want a 3 year initial visa and 350 GBP fee(28000 INR) for EC instead of(16000+16000=32000) then one can go for Tear 1 General(Transition arrangement) in April.

This is what I think....I am not sure about this..

Thanks a lot
Sukhdeep
nitin14980 wrote:I think there is some confusion and I am not sure the information you received is actually correct. Have a look at this link:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... angements/

Let me know if I am wrong or you have any updates other than this one...

Sukhdeep wrote:Dear Mr. Sukhdeep Singh,

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query,

This is to keep you informed that the new procedures for the HSMP approval is only applicable for people who are yet to apply for the HSMP approval and not for HSMP visa processing.

If any one who has already received the HSMP approval can apply anytime before or after April they will follow the old process and the old fees of Rs.16000/-.

We hope the above information has been of help to you. If you require any further assistance please feel free to contact us. Our contact details are as given below.

Thanks & Regards

UK Helpdesk

Helpline no – 080-40084008

SMS VISA <SPACE> UK <SPACE> PASSPORT NO to 57333 receive the status of your application.

Please book all appointment in advance to submit your applications.

Visit www.vfs-uk-in.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 2:04 PM
To: vfsuk.south@vfs-uk-in.com
Subject: EC Query

Respected Sir/Madam

I got HSMP Approval letter in Jan and I am planning to apply for EC around 25th March 2008.

My Queries are :

1. If my application is not approved by 31 March , what will happen to my application

2. Can I apply in april or may with old rules for EC in India. If yes then will the rules applied will be exactly same as now. If there will be some difference then what that will be?

On http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... angements/ I was reading following lines:

The Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) has closed for applicants in the United Kingdom, and will be closing for applicants in India in April now that Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker of the points-based system has been introduced. If you are in the rest of the world, you will be able to apply later in the year.

On 1 April 2008 Tier 1 (General) is introduced for applications for permission to enter (known as 'entry clearance') made in India.

There will be a number of applicants who will be part-way through the two-stage application process (application for HSMP approval letter followed by a separate application for the associated entry clearance or leave to remain). A number of people will have already successfully applied for an HSMP approval letter but will have yet to apply for entry clearance or leave to remain. HSMP approval letters are valid for six months from the date of issue.

Arrangements have been put in place to allow those who have an HSMP approval letter to apply for entry clearance or further leave to remain by making a Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker application. They are:

if you have made an application for entry clearance as a highly skilled migrant before 1 April 2008 in India only, and it has not been decided before that date;
if you have made an application for leave to remain as a highly skilled migrant before 28 February 2008, and it has not been decided before that date;
if, on 1 April 2008, you have already applied for a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme approval letter (HSMP approval letter) but have yet to apply for entry clearance as a highly skilled migrant; or
if, on 29 February 2008, you have already applied for or obtained an HSMP approval letter but have yet to apply for leave to remain as a highly skilled migrant.
If you apply with a valid HSMP approval letter, you are charged a reduced Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker fee for your application. Read the section on costs to work out the fee you must pay.

If you have been issued with an HSMP approval letter, you must now make a Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker application. You are automatically awarded the 75 points required to qualify under the attributes points assessment of Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker and will not need to show you meet the English language requirement.

You do not need to fill in the attributes section, so you can go straight to the maintenance section of the application form.

If you already have a valid HSMP approval letter, you should go to the maintenance section of the points assessment and complete the rest of the application form.

Thanks

Sukhdeep Singh
Last edited by Sukhdeep on Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.