ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Application delayed for an year

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maxmilan

Re: Naturalization Application delayed for an year

Post by Maxmilan » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:51 pm

HI Vir33

Have you got your SAR result or not. Any good news?
I applied for SAR two weeks ago and waiting for the result.
Thanks
Maxmilan

Vir33
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Vir33 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:16 pm

Hi Maxmilan,

Sorry for late reply. Got busy with other stuff. No, I haven't received mine yet. Have you received any update?

Thanks,
Viranchi

Maxmilan

Post by Maxmilan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:57 pm

Hi Vir33
Yes I gave my SAR result before the New Year but to be honest I couldn't understand anything from them and the reason for the delay. This is 40 months which I am still waiting for my Naturalization result and nothing at all.
Thanks
17/01/2019
Maxmilan

Vir33
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Vir33 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi Maxmilan,

I spoke to one of my friend who got this SAR. Basically, it gives us all full immigration history and so far how many visa application we did. However, it will not help to get naturalization decision. I am planning to contact some solicitor to see what legally we can do about this. For me its now 21 months and counting.

I will keep you posted if I heard anything. BTW how many times you wrote a letter to the home office and how many times you asked MP to write a letter to them.

do you think this can help?

Thanks,
Vir33

Maxmilan

Post by Maxmilan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:42 pm

Hi Vir3
About four times I sent letters to HO asking for updates and reason for the delay. About four times my local MP sent letters to HO. One time I did complaint to Parliamentary Ombudsman against HO. No any of those could help. In some cases maybe Parliamentary Ombudsman can help to get a result because they are more powerful than others but the process will be very slow. I contacted with an Immigration solicitor but the solicitor told me that for a good result it is better to wait for 4 years or more to send a Pre Action Protocol and ask for a Judicial Review and I am not sure that it is right or no.

Thanks
Maxmilan