ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(IED) processed and passports returned

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:44 pm

Brilliant :) ND. You should get the passports back by tommorow or at the very latest by Friday.

Good luck with the search for new jobs/contracts. I have started hunting and spoke to a recruiter yesterday and she seems very optimistic about the market even though its less than 10 days to go for Christmas.

Would like to discuss some good agencies or jobs sites with you as I have never applied for jobs in UK before, but dont want to digress from the objective of this forum. Are you OK with PMs?

Thanks

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:54 pm

Thanks mwazir.

As far as I know the market is good even though its christmas time.Last year its not like this.I saw some job adds which say start before christmas or jan 1'st week.

I am more than happy to discuss/help you in anyway i can and u are more than welcome to send me PM's.

And how come u never applied for jobs in UK so how did u get your first job ? :wink:

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:00 pm

References. I used to come to UK as an IT consultant for a Bangalore based company. When a senior staff left the client I had worked for and joined another company and wanted to build his IT team, he invited me to join. No interview required as he had worked with me before.

Alas! Life is not always easy :D

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:04 pm

Oh is it ! :lol:

So as you expected r u being made redundant and if so from when ? But I dont think u need to worry as there are so many opportunities out there ... u just need to be confident. :wink:

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:09 pm

Yes my company should close down by Christmas hopefully and I will be made redundant. Just hope there are some good vacancies in the market.

Xenonk
Newly Registered

Post by Xenonk » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:38 pm

mwazir,
I am not at home right now. Probably postman left me a ticket to collect it from post office. No problem for me, I am more than happy to collect it from PO :).
By the way I am also looking for a new job these days. I had couple of interviews. There are lots of jobs right now for IT.
www.reed.co.uk is a really nice web site for IT Jobs.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:41 pm

Thanks Xenonk. Will check it out.

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:56 am

Received my passports just now :D .Thanks mwazir.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:59 am

:) I am glad this topic is helping so many of us switching from work permits to HSMP.

Congrats ND and all the best

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:11 am

Yes its been very helpful for me and marr1a especially.

And its all because of you mwazir.Thanks once again. :D

marr1a
Newly Registered

Post by marr1a » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:05 am

ND-

Congratulations! What a relief, eh? :D

marr1a

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:14 am

Thanks marr1a.

And yes its a great relief and a christmas gift 8)

drewchad

Post by drewchad » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:46 am

I received the following email from HO yesterday:

"Your application has been worked and despatched from our office by special Delivery today."

So I guess I should receive my passport today.

Thanks Mwazir for letting everyone know about the "other" option.

My only concern is why wouldn't everybody do this? When is it not urgent?

(I was switching from a WHV to HSMP, my WHV expired before I received IED, though it was received 2 days later and in any case, before my FLR came up for processing.)

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:16 pm

Congratulations and all the best in your future endevours. Your FLR processing is unique in that you applied without having HSMP approval in hand. Thats so much against the odds and importantly, you proved it can be done.
My only concern is why wouldn't everybody do this? When is it not urgent?
True

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:20 pm

drewchad,

Dont u have hsmp approval in hand ?

drewchad

Post by drewchad » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:27 pm

I sent in my FLR before I had received a decision on my HSMP because my WHV was expiring. In the end there was only a gap of 2 days, between when my WHV expired & when I received the HSMP approval. So it doesn't conclusively answer the much debated question of whether you are able to stay in the UK while waiting for HSMP if your current visa has expired. (providing an FLR is sent before it expires)
Last edited by drewchad on Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:53 pm

drew/ND,

Either scenario should spell trouble
- You have applied for HSMP because your visa is going to expire. You then get the approval but at the time of applying for FLR, existing visa is already expired. I dont think FLR will be granted.
- You have applied for both HSMP and FLR before the expiry of your visa, but before getting the HSMP approval. Your FLR comes up for processing before your HSMP application. Your FLR will be rejected.

Third scenario is yours - - You have applied for both HSMP and FLR before the expiry of your visa, but before getting the HSMP approval. Your HSMP comes up for processing before your FLR application.

Additionally, When I spoke to the incountry team and told them that my approval letter didnt look like an authentic HO document but merely a printout, he explained to me that incountry applicants will get standard approval letters. Their case is already known to the incountry team so we neednt worry. That makes the third scenario admisible because even without the approval letter, when your FLR comes up, the approval will (or should) reflect on your computer records held by them.

drewchad

Post by drewchad » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:07 pm

I don't want to rehash:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 0&start=30

But it is my opinion (although only shared by a few: john, mjwall) that Section 3c applies, in that you are able to stay in the UK under the conditions of your current visa so long as an FLR applications is sent in before it expires.

raj

Post by raj » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:15 pm

welldone Mwazir,

it was so nice of you to share ur experience with us, I got my passport back in 4 days after requesting the urgent treatment.

cheers!!!

regds
Raj Malhotra
no matter how thin u slice the cheese, it still has two sides....let's now try to view my from side....
------------------------RAJ------------------------------