ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur Set(O) ILR Checklist

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur Set(O) ILR Checklist

Post by marcnath » Fri May 11, 2018 8:25 am

sm12 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 4:20 pm
marcnath wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:58 pm
sm12 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 2:25 pm
Yes, it's the wording that has me wondering whether they've changed the requirement to make it mandatory for ILR applications as well.
And it has me wondering why you are worrying so much about this when it is the simplest to be safe and attach couple of documents.

One bank statement and one tax document are not going to have a negative impact on the application even in case it is not a mandatory one.
It's the issue I explained in the pm.
Just that the latest one I have is for the month ending 31st March. The April one got delayed due to bank holiday and I don't want to wait.
I know that the one month limit is only stated for personal statements but I don't know how strict HO is with expecting the most recent statements for businesses.
You can send one three years back and HO cannot refuse you on that basis - the rules do not specify the date of the statement. All it is meant to show is that your business has a UK bank account and that is met even if the statement is three years old.
The 31 day limit is very specific for maintenance funds and there is a good reason for that.
You are unnecessarily conflating issues.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:07 pm

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, you're right I guess. I have decided to send the application with the March statement tomorrow.
In the application form, there is a question about sources of income- do I put in both savings and salary, or just the salary?

marcnath wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:25 am
sm12 wrote:
marcnath wrote:
sm12 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 2:25 pm
Yes, it's the wording that has me wondering whether they've changed the requirement to make it mandatory for ILR applications as well.
And it has me wondering why you are worrying so much about this when it is the simplest to be safe and attach couple of documents.

One bank statement and one tax document are not going to have a negative impact on the application even in case it is not a mandatory one.
Just that the latest one I have is for the month ending 31st March. The April one got delayed due to bank holiday and I don't want to wait.
I know that the one month limit is only stated for personal statements but I don't know how strict HO is with expecting the most recent statements for businesses.
You can send one three years back and HO cannot refuse you on that basis - the rules do not specify the date of the statement. All it is meant to show is that your business has a UK bank account and that is met even if the statement is three years old.
The 31 day limit is very specific for maintenance funds and there is a good reason for that.

Khan789
Pakistan

Post by Khan789 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:53 pm

All ILR members:
I have already had a response to my query from Mac, just to find out from you guys Is sending personal bank statements and wages slips a mandatory requirement form ILR applicants ? I have only sent my ILR application a few days ago and have not enrolled the finger prints yet but I have not sent any personal bank statement or wages slip.
I have only sent my last two years SA302 from HMRC.
All the best guys.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sat May 12, 2018 10:40 am

I put savings and salary both.
Is that ok?
sm12 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 7:07 pm
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, you're right I guess. I have decided to send the application with the March statement tomorrow.
In the application form, there is a question about sources of income- do I put in both savings and salary, or just the salary?

marcnath wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:25 am
sm12 wrote:
marcnath wrote:

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Mon May 14, 2018 2:18 pm

Hey sm1, are you submitting any financial accounts for your business covering your Ext period?

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:48 pm

fatguyslim wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 2:18 pm
Hey sm1, are you submitting any financial accounts for your business covering your Ext period?
Hi,

No. I did deliberate over this but as my file already had so many papers, I decided not to.
When are you applying?

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:52 pm

In the process of trying to find out what happened to my bank letter and other stuff, I uncovered a more serious issue of my some of my mail and documents being stolen. I wish I had discovered this sooner, and I would have had the letter and bank statements (latest one) to send with my application, but unfortunately I've already sent it because there is no time to wait around for more mail to come through.

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Mon May 14, 2018 9:10 pm

I will be applying in about a week's time. Can you post the final list of documents that you sent them?

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:16 pm

fatguyslim wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:10 pm
I will be applying in about a week's time. Can you post the final list of documents that you sent them?
Passport (current and two expired, including the one with entry clearance)
Biometric Permit
Application Form
2 Photos
Payment Details
Cover Letter

For employment requirement:
FPS
Payslips
Copies of passport (3 employees) and birth certificate (1 employee)

Engaged in business:
Current Appointments Report (I ordered the one that you get from Companies House that shows resignations; costs £3. However, I believe that just downloading it from Companies House Webcheck is enough)
Tax registration (CT41G)
Business bank statements (March 2018)

For the finances section:
Personal Bank Statements (February, March, April 2018)
Three months of payslips (February, March, April 2018)

Life in the UK Test Results
UK Degree Certificate

Photocopies of all the above

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:23 pm

Total employment created so far has been for 56.5 months, but I sent FPS/payslips to cover 24 months, because otherwise there would be far too much paperwork.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:35 pm

One more thing: One FPS document for some strange could not be obtained from an earlier year's payroll software, so my accountant prepared the FPS for that particular month manually.

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Tue May 15, 2018 12:49 am

Current Appointments Report (I ordered the one that you get from Companies House that shows resignations; costs £3. However, I believe that just downloading it from Companies House Webcheck is enough)
You can get those documents on the beta website btw https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/
I am giving 3 months statement and yes there will be a lot of paperwork from my end too.
Total employment created so far has been for 56.5 months, but I sent FPS/payslips to cover 24 months, because otherwise there would be far too much paperwork.
I have over 45 months and am providing all the relevant documents for it.
I absolutely hate the fact that we have to provide photocopies for it too. By the end of all of these they will be receiving 4 folders from me. Which is insane really

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:35 am

fatguyslim wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:49 am
You can get those documents on the beta website btw https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/
I am giving 3 months statement and yes there will be a lot of paperwork from my end too.
I have over 45 months and am providing all the relevant documents for it.
I absolutely hate the fact that we have to provide photocopies for it too. By the end of all of these they will be receiving 4 folders from me. Which is insane really

Hi
How do I get the report including resignations from that site?

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue May 15, 2018 2:28 am

I mean, can you actually download the CAR from the Beta site?

And yes, I did consider sending more bank statements and also more FPS/payslips, but after some thought upon re-reading the guidance, I limited the number of these documents.

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Tue May 15, 2018 3:18 am

Hi
How do I get the report including resignations from that site?
You can go on the filing history of your company and download pdf files

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Tue May 15, 2018 3:20 am

What is CAR?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue May 15, 2018 6:47 am

sm12 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:45 am
Also, did we need to send the printouts from the Companies House beta page to show resignations, etc of officers, in addition to the downloaded/ordered Current Appointments Report from WebCheck?

Thank you.
You only need the filing history, which is part of CAR. There is no need to attach the individual documents.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:11 pm

fatguyslim wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:20 am
What is CAR?
Current Appointments Report

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:12 pm

marcnath wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:47 am
sm12 wrote:
Also, did we need to send the printouts from the Companies House beta page to show resignations, etc of officers, in addition to the downloaded/ordered Current Appointments Report from WebCheck?

Thank you.
You only need the filing history, which is part of CAR. There is no need to attach the individual documents.
Thank you; my application was received by the HO yesterday. Hoping for the best.

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Tue May 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Good luck mate

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:56 pm

fatguyslim wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 12:42 pm
Good luck mate
Thank you!

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:34 pm

marcnath wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:47 am
sm12 wrote:

Thank you.
I am just reading the guidance and it says:
The applicant must also provide the following evidence to show that their business
has a UK bank account of which they are a signatory:

The bank statements of course cannot show that the applicant is a signatory. How does one meet this requirement if one has only sent bank statements (and no letter confirming that he/she is a signatory)?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed May 16, 2018 8:53 pm

Continue reading. It also specifies the evidence that needs to be produced to satisfy the criteria.

It is definitely not the applicant's responsibility to solve the question you asked - the applicant's responsibility is to provide the documents specified.

jjs456

Post by jjs456 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:13 am

As per guidance it reads in business activity specified documents " a business bank statement from a UK account which shows business transactions or a letter from the UK bank in question on its headed paper, confirming that the company or partnership has a bank account, that you are a signatory of that account, and that the company or partnership uses that account for the purposes of their business."

So it is Bank statements OR bank letter

Any comments from marcnath/zimba?

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Thu May 17, 2018 9:43 am

jjs456 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:13 am
As per guidance it reads in business activity specified documents " a business bank statement from a UK account which shows business transactions or a letter from the UK bank in question on its headed paper, confirming that the company or partnership has a bank account, that you are a signatory of that account, and that the company or partnership uses that account for the purposes of their business."

So it is Bank statements OR bank letter

Any comments from marcnath/zimba?
That is correct