ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 FLR/Ext application for HSMP visa holders in UK-post here

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:19 pm

If its after nov 2006 why u think they will be appl for extension 7-8 months in advance. I don't think that's the case chicoco

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 30, 2008 2:30 am

Just look 6 posts above this one and there're links to two extension approval cases (pre-Nov 2006 HSMP approval). One of them (UKbound) has confirmed that he did not request for consideration under old rules .. it was a striaghtforward extension application meeting Tier 1 criteria .. just like yours.

I think BIA has pulled the plug on all extension applications where the initial HSMP was approved before Dec'06 and these have been put on hold. Some applications went through before the plug was pulled (like these 2 cases above). Pure luck, I guess :roll:

regards
chicoco wrote:If you know of any pre Nov 2006 HSMPier who has gotten Tier 1 approval between March 3 and today, please do let me know so I can follow through.
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri May 30, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whereisthasummer
Newly Registered

Post by whereisthasummer » Fri May 30, 2008 8:24 am

chicoco wrote: I've had a number of email correspondences with the case officer and her manager and I've been told things are on hold because of the JR .
Hello,

may I ask how you got hold of the caseworker's (and her manager's) Email ID?

Could you post here the contents of one of those Emails?

Thanks.

chicoco
Newly Registered

Post by chicoco » Sat May 31, 2008 1:09 am

I faxed an urgent treatment form to HO on March 12, 2008 and got an email response: see below the to and fro email I exchanged with them.
"Dear Sir,

Thank you for your fax requesting urgent treatment of your Tier 1
application. Unfortunately, we are unable to make a decision on your
Tier 1 application before 02 April 2008. Therefore, if you require your
passport back, then you will be required to withdraw this application.
Please note that you will not receive a refund when the application is
withdrawn.

However, if you still wish us to make a decision on this application,
then we are unable to despatch your passport back to you until a final
decision has been made.

Awaiting your response."

Here's my second email to them:
"It has been seven weeks and one day ( March 4 2008 to April 24, 2008) since your office acknowledged receipt of my application and my application is yet to be decided.

The documentary evidence supporting my application all originate from the UK, specifically London and it would not be a difficult assignment verifying these.

I will very much like to know why my application has not been decided.

I would please ask that you bear in mind that I have paid you expensively to process this application and I may have to recourse to necessary legal means to compel you to immediately process this application.

If you are holding on to my application due to recent rulings regarding the HSMP old rules, then you owe me an obligation to inform me accordingly. I am appalled that a UK government organisation is able to and is allowed to carry on business in this manner.

I look forward to hearing from you on this.

Sincerely
And here's the response from the case officer's manager dated 28th April, 2008:

"Thank you for your e-mail and your application for Tier 1. I am the Manager of the Team considering your application and I am replying to your e-mail as Rachel is currently on leave.

May I take this opportunity to apologise for the delay in making a decision on your application.

The reason we have not made a decision is that our policy colleagues are considering how to implement the HSMP Forum High Court judgement. An announcement will be made soon and will be posted on our website.

In the meantime, as you have applied for an extension of leave under Tier 1 (General) before your existing leave expired, that leave will be extended until we have made a decision on that application in the light of the High Court judgement.

Thank you for your patience.
"
[/code][/quote]

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 31, 2008 4:53 pm

This isn't good :cry:

God only knows when they will come up with the new procedures (almost 2 months since JR and nothing till date). The applications will be gathering dust until then (whenever) :?: .

:cry: :cry:
The reason we have not made a decision is that our policy colleagues are considering how to implement the HSMP Forum High Court judgement. An announcement will be made soon and will be posted on our website.

gidoc

Address for special delivery

Post by gidoc » Sat May 31, 2008 11:45 pm

Hi guys,
Please can someone confirm that we can use the PO box address at Durham for sending application by special delivery (Royal Mail). I ask because SD needs a signature as well.
Many thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Address for special delivery

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:20 am

Ask yourself a simple question "Where should I send the letter if I need a receipt acknowledgement - to a P O box address or to the courier address??". And I am sure you'll get your answer on your own. :lol:

Not sure if someone is present to sign P O Box deliveries in this country. But if so, then why the need for a separate courier address?? :?:

regards
gidoc wrote:Hi guys,
Please can someone confirm that we can use the PO box address at Durham for sending application by special delivery (Royal Mail). I ask because SD needs a signature as well.
Many thanks

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:46 am

Thanks I agree.
I wonder why they only give the PO box address on the forms, that is a bit misleding.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:26 pm

:shock:

at_ja
India

Post by at_ja » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:59 pm

Hi Friends,Any body got HSMP extension in tier1 after 25th April???

HSMPGUY

Post by HSMPGUY » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:21 pm

Hi Sushdmeta,

Really appericate your contribution here.

I also need to apply for extention very soon. I am under old HSMP rules (before Nov 7, 2006) but my approval letter issued after Nov 7, 2006, as i had applied for HSMP in Apr 2006.

Read your earlier post and found the list of documents to support your application. I was wondering that you didnt send original educational degrees along with your application.

1- Can you suggest, should one need to send original educational documents again with extention application.

2- I have booked for IELTS and will fight to get atleast 6.5. if God forbid unable to get required band, then after JR. what chances i stand with.

Regards,

sushdmehta wrote:HSMP approval in March 2006. Initial leave to remain under HSMP granted in May 2006.

Application sent: 01-May
Application received: 02-May
Payment deducted: 02-May
Reference number: PB304....19X/001 (received 08-May by post)

Documents submitted in the application:
1. Cover letter
2. Tier 1 application form
3. Passport
4. Payslips for 12 months
5. Bank statements showing salary credit of the same 12 months.
6. IELTS test report
7. Bank statement as evidence of maintenance funds.
8. Self-addressed prepaid special delivery envelope.

I have referred to the JR judgement in the cover letter but have provided all documents required to qualify for extension under Tier 1 criteria.

regards

whereisthasummer
Newly Registered

Post by whereisthasummer » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:19 am

I've been keeping an eye on this website.

A person who has applied for extension on Apr 23 has got his/her appplication approved.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:56 pm

a person who applied on 28th also got his approval. its on the same website, if u go into the initial hsmp section

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:28 pm

hsmpguy,

Can't say what BIA will publish in response to he HSMP JR. But I believe that as long as your HSMP approval was based on you achieving the min. 65 points, your case should fall under the "old rules" even if the approval letter is dated later than 7th Nov '06. I say so based on the understanding that the new rules (introduced in Dec '06) required an applicant to achieve min. 75 points. So if your letter clearly tells you that your application was considered against meeting the 65 point requirement (and not the 75 point requirement), your case should fall under the old HSMP rules. However, this is just my understanding and you never know what BIA is thinking and what it comes out with.

We did not send the degree certificate this time becuase both the degree certificate and NARIC letter were provided at the time of initial HSMP application. The application form clearly gives this option (page 28, U4) - "Evidence provided with the applicant’s Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) application".

I believe that for all those affected by the JR, it should be sufficient to provide the same evidence for English Language proficiency as was provided at the time of initial HSMP application. But again, this is just my understanding and BIA could come up with some strange thing. Personally, I think it will be a good idea for you to take the IELTS exam - eliminates any risk whatsoever.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:10 pm

Assuming that the meaning of an "extension" is clearly understood.

Just like this case being referred to by vipul1981. It is being assumed here that it is an extension application but posted under "initial hsmp" section?? If this is the case of user "virus" (the only approved case against 28-Apr application), then it is a simple case of switching from WP to Tier 1 and not an extension.
vipul1981 wrote:a person who applied on 28th also got his approval. its on the same website, if u go into the initial hsmp section.
I think you are referring to the user "taniabee" - could be a case of switching inadvertantly being posted under "hsmp extension" Who knows?? For example, take a look at this case, a transitional HSMP or Tier 1 applicant from India posting his EC approval under HSMP extension.
whereisthasummer wrote:I've been keeping an eye on this website.A person who has applied for extension on Apr 23 has got his/her appplication approved.
Best not to speculate, so I would encourage you to not assume things and create unnecessary confusion. I would rather believe those who post their cases in this forum and can confirm that they have received approval to their "extension" application.

regards

HSMPGUY

Post by HSMPGUY » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:30 am

Thanks for your kind reply.

Yes i have booked for IELTS test. and i m hopeful to get 6.5 band.

With regards to original documents, I have send original degrees without any equivalence from NARIC along with my initial HSMP application.
So i should not need to send them again??

Although I have seen BIA's online tool i still can get 30 marks. As my master and bachlor's degree is equivlent to UK's bachlors

sushdmehta wrote:hsmpguy,

Can't say what BIA will publish in response to he HSMP JR. But I believe that as long as your HSMP approval was based on you achieving the min. 65 points, your case should fall under the "old rules" even if the approval letter is dated later than 7th Nov '06. I say so based on the understanding that the new rules (introduced in Dec '06) required an applicant to achieve min. 75 points. So if your letter clearly tells you that your application was considered against meeting the 65 point requirement (and not the 75 point requirement), your case should fall under the old HSMP rules. However, this is just my understanding and you never know what BIA is thinking and what it comes out with.

We did not send the degree certificate this time becuase both the degree certificate and NARIC letter were provided at the time of initial HSMP application. The application form clearly gives this option (page 28, U4) - "Evidence provided with the applicant’s Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) application".

I believe that for all those affected by the JR, it should be sufficient to provide the same evidence for English Language proficiency as was provided at the time of initial HSMP application. But again, this is just my understanding and BIA could come up with some strange thing. Personally, I think it will be a good idea for you to take the IELTS exam - eliminates any risk whatsoever.

regards

puneetabn
Newly Registered

Got it

Post by puneetabn » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:40 am

Hi Guys,
Got the extension done. Received my passport today.

Applied on 18th April.
Reference Number received 22nd April
Visa approved and passport received: 6th June

Applied for HSMP extension under Tier 1 rules.
Received the Tier 1 General visa for next 3 years.

Cheers,
Puneet

HSMPGUY

Re: Got it

Post by HSMPGUY » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:33 pm

Congratulation Puneetabn.

Can you please give some more details about your case like :

1- Documents you have submitted with your application.
2- Proof of language ability.
3- Did you give reference of JR.
4- Did they send you any letter with time scale / eligibility to apply for ILR.

5- Any other things which you will be benefical for others.

Thanks

puneetabn wrote:Hi Guys,
Got the extension done. Received my passport today.

Applied on 18th April.
Reference Number received 22nd April
Visa approved and passport received: 6th June

Applied for HSMP extension under Tier 1 rules.
Received the Tier 1 General visa for next 3 years.

Cheers,
Puneet

puneetabn
Newly Registered

Post by puneetabn » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:54 pm

Hi
Here is the reply to your queries:

1- Documents you have submitted with your application.
Degree Certificate, 12 months salary slips, 12 months bank statements, P60 form. Marriage certificate and birth certificate for my child.

2- Proof of language ability.
I sent my degree for proof of language. My degree is listed in the points calculator tool, so i mentioned that.
3- Did you give reference of JR.
No, i did not give reference to the JR. Simply applied under Tier 1.

4- Did they send you any letter with time scale / eligibility to apply for ILR.
Well, i haven't seen it myself uptill now. My wife called me and told me that she received the passports :)

5- Any other things which you will be benefical for others.
Well, i would only advice to keep your application as simple as possible, provide only the documents which are required, nothing more nothing less. I followed the same rule for my HSMP application and got the approved documents back in two weeks time from the date of application, that too back to India from UK.
Also, do the documentation in a way that it is easy for anybody to understand.

Thanks,
Puneet

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:54 pm

As per the form, you don't need to!! But it is entirely up to you - if you're scared that they might reject you just for not including your degree with your application, then there's no harm in sending it. At least you will feel better about the whole thing.

regards
HSMPGUY wrote:With regards to original documents, I have send original degrees without any equivalence from NARIC along with my initial HSMP application.
So i should not need to send them again??

Although I have seen BIA's online tool i still can get 30 marks. As my master and bachlor's degree is equivlent to UK's bachlors

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:10 pm

Looks like some of us are in for a long long wait. :cry:
HSMPgafla wrote:i called HO today and they told me that if anyone has refered JR in their application (doesnt matter if applicant qualifies under Tier - 1 or not), they will keep his/her application on hold untill they implement JR and update the website.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#172645

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:23 pm

I sent a PM to the user "taniabee" and have confirmation that the application was indeed an extension application (initial HSMP approval May 2006). There was no mention of or reference to the JR judgement and it was a straight forward extension application as per Tier 1 qualifying criteria.

The timelines are as below and the original post can be viewed here.
Type of application : HSMP extension to TIER1
Application Sent : 23/4/2008
Payment taken : 25/4/2008
Ref no dated : 25/4/2008
Ref number : PB3037***
Stamped on : 29/05/2008
Recevied on : 03/06/2008
Days taken : 35 days
regards
sushdmehta wrote:I think you are referring to the user "taniabee" - could be a case of switching inadvertantly being posted under "hsmp extension" Who knows?? For example, take a look at this case, a transitional HSMP or Tier 1 applicant from India posting his EC approval under HSMP extension.
whereisthasummer wrote:I've been keeping an eye on this website.A person who has applied for extension on Apr 23 has got his/her appplication approved.
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pr4t4p

Post by pr4t4p » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:27 pm

shifi wrote:Guys,
I am also applying for my renewal under Tier 1 this month. I am in the process of collecting the docs and filling the application.

My initial HSMP was granted in Sep 06 but the entry clearance was obtained in Jan 07. Will I get the benefit of the JR ruling ??

from what I understand, since JR is applicable for anyone admitted to the HSMP scheme by Nov 06, I assume I also can benefit from this. Can someone confirm this for me please?

Will keep you'll posted on the status of my application.
Hi Shifi,
Firstly you are posting in the wrong post, there is a different thread running for these issues ... No offence but please do a bit of Homework .. as in try and search and you'll get the info more quickly rather than waiting for some1 to reply you... Please dont take this as an offence just an advise :)
Ajay

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:31 pm

Some news!

A "while you were out" card was left in the mail box. The tracking number on the card is of the SD envelope that I had enclosed with the HSMP extension application.

Reference number: PB304....19X/001
Documents returned: Delivery attempted 11-Jun

Need to wait for 24 hours before I can collect the package from the delivery center (as the card says so), so I'll some info. to share sometime tomorrow afternoon.

regards

Salina
BANNED

Post by Salina » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:39 pm

[quote="sushdmehta"]Some news!

A "while you were out" card was left in the mail box. The tracking number on the card is of the SD envelope that I had enclosed with the HSMP extension application.

Reference number: PB304....19X/001
Documents returned: Delivery attempted 11-Jun

Need to wait for 24 hours before I can collect the package from the delivery center (as the card says so), so I'll some info. to share sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a great news.