ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal overturned! Visa granted!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kjmiami
Newly Registered
Philippines

Re: Refusal overturned! Visa granted!

Post by kjmiami » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:30 pm

Thank you😊

My visa is “D Marriage/CP standard then my fiancé full name” and will end on July 2019.

I hope it’s easy for us to do it. We really need help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:38 pm

kjmiami wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:30 pm
Thank you😊

My visa is “D Marriage/CP standard then my fiancé full name” and will end on July 2019.

I hope it’s easy for us to do it. We really need help.
You don't need a lawyer to apply for the FLR(M) spouse visa.

Visa fee is £1033 plus IHS fee of £1000 and then any extra depending on what service you choose with UKCVAS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kjmiami
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by kjmiami » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:32 pm

That is exactly what we wanted to do, but how though? Is that so easy?
I really need an info.

Thank you,
KJ

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:06 am

kjmiami wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:32 pm
That is exactly what we wanted to do, but how though? Is that so easy?
I really need an info.

Thank you,
KJ
Complete the online form and submit once married. Book ukcvas appointment for biometrics etc after docs have been scanned.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Seed
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Seed » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:26 pm

lampwick wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:03 am
Actually Seagul, refusal was technically correct. Her IELTS was the IELTS General Studies exam, not IELTS For UKVI. A small technicality, but we were nonetheless refused. According to the rules, refusal was sound. IELTS General Studies is much more in depth than for UKVI and incorporates a writing component too, so I still don't understand why a much more thorough examination cannot be accepted. In this case, common sense prevailed, but only because we took it all the way.
Have visa been issued? How long did it take to get the visa? Am in a similar case, so I quickly took the A1 test, appealed and attached the new results, am waiting,i appealed on the grounds that I have to urgently see my children, I have two British children and a British husband,

Seed
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Seed » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:52 pm

kjmiami wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:53 pm
It’s been a crazy visa working!
From paying priority, waiting for months unexpectedly and an error decision! Goodness.

I am now in UK. What happened was; our solicitor emailed the administrator office manager in HO telling them that the decision was error with a follow-up documents. After a week, our solicitor received an email that they’ll overturn the decision. Administrator email was printed and submitted together with my passport back to VFS. Less than a week, I got my visa.

Have anyone here got married in UK and applied for FLR? Our wedding this month and I need to apply for FLR. Unfortunately, it will cost a fortune £5000 with solicitors help. We’re thinking of doing it ourselves. But I’m afraid I won’t be granted if we make mostakes.

Any help pleaseeeee?
KJ
Please send the email address of the administrator your solicitor emailed, because am in the same situation and I need that kind of help, apart from appeal I have no other form of help, my solicitor has dissapointed me and I have to goand be with my children in the UK

waruni100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by waruni100 » Sat May 18, 2019 2:48 pm

Hi,

Can someone please help me on this, Visa applied from outside UK and status as below

> My Visa appeal was heard in FTT and success - July 2018
> I received an email from home office - Dec 2018
This advice
1. Pay IHS - Done Jan 2019
2. Submit passport - Done 26 Feb 2019

We did not hear anything so far so I inquired this from HO. HO has responded as "appeal is in a queue waiting to be reviewed"
I believe this is a wrong response to me as I think it is nothing to review just to return the passport.

Please advice me what I need to do as it is over 8 months from court decision.

Thanks
Waruni

Appeal32011
United Kingdom

Post by Appeal32011 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:43 pm

You need to call HO. They are bizarrely incompetent. You have to be aggressive with them or nothing will be done. Get your local MP involved involved.

I’m in a similar position as you. They sent my passport submission email in February but forgot to send the IHS payment link. I received an email from them yesterday, saying they are sorry and that they will send the IHS link shortly. This shows how incompetent they are.

waruni100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by waruni100 » Sat May 18, 2019 3:55 pm

Appeal32011 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 3:43 pm
You need to call HO. They are bizarrely incompetent. You have to be aggressive with them or nothing will be done. Get your local MP involved involved.

I’m in a similar position as you. They sent my passport submission email in February but forgot to send the IHS payment link. I received an email from them yesterday, saying they are sorry and that they will send the IHS link shortly. This shows how incompetent they are.
Hi Appeal32011,
Many thanks sharing your info with me, how do I get local MP involved for this please? I never done such thing previously.

Thanks,
Waruni.