ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Should I apply for EEA2 or Pre-settled (Very confused)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

helloamaya520
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Should I apply for EEA2 or Pre-settled (Very confused)

Post by helloamaya520 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:41 am

Another question here:

After I request my documents back and cancel the application, today I received email from home office euro biometrics,

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email.

A letter regarding your application has been sent today - tracking number xxxxxx

Kind regards
Euro Biometrics

So confusing....anyone can help me to understand what happened?

Thank you so much!

helloamaya520
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by helloamaya520 » Sun May 05, 2019 12:56 am

kamoe wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:46 pm
helloamaya520 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:31 pm
Is there any guidance on how to make that?
All info here: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... led-status
Do I have to download the app?
The app only works if you have a Residence Card, so not an option for you.

You need to select the 'Online and post' option. I believe you will have to post your passport, his passport, and evidence of your relationship, as advised by the application after you submit the form. They will advise on what you can submit, and will contact you if at all they need more evidence.
I have received my passport back from withdraw my EEA2 application. And I have applied for the EEA settlement scheme. However, it seems not asking me to send my docuemnts, It asks me to make appoinment for biometric center (croydan point center) and scan all the documents. Thus, I am wondering on the application center, would they take away my passport as unmarried parter applicaiton? Should I bring my partner passport? Thank you so much!

Blacksea28
Turkey

Post by Blacksea28 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:04 am

Romy88 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:50 pm
I apologise if my comments made you feel abused you in some way. I did not mean that. This is just overall view of feedback from the people who already made their applications online. For majority the result was successful considering the fact that they already had their RCs issued previously.

Basically you consist that for new arrivals the best way is to apply for RC first and then apply online for settled/ presettled status. My opinion is opposite. Istead of waisting time I would recommend to apply online. It is quicker, easier and more straitforward, free (except the situation when you choose to go and pay for your biometric like I did as first available appointment was due in 2 weeks time).

Yes, but once you have an RC, applying for the Settlement Scheme will be extremely fast and straightforward to do. No further biometrics needed. - no difference, without having RC once you apply online you will be redirected to book an appointment for biometric. The only issue is that free appointment will no be available or available in few weeks time. Good point is that some people will have to travel far away to the nearest available HO office to enrol their biometric. This is just matter of luck.

Regarding Brexit. Do you really think that HO has implemented this new system called EU Settlement Scheme with considering futher to cancel it??? No way. UK is leaving. It is decided. The only problem so far HOW UK WiLL BE LEAVING - with DEAL or NO DEAL?

Ok. Why do you think that HO do not know what to do with the people who have change their immigrationn status by switching from one visa to another? As far as I understand if you spent less than 5 years as non-eu family member of eu you will be considered for presettled status.

Have you been issuing COA since you have applied online two months ago?
I agree with you.

I came to the UK on 29th of March with EEA visa. Applied 31st online, got COA 5th of May, got pre-settled decision 18th and received Biometric RC on 23rd.

So, all done in 24 calendar days online, free of charge, no paper work and no need to provide any financial support documents etc.