ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR, Spouse Visa - Advice Please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR, Spouse Visa - Advice Please

Post by seagul » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:08 pm

ssbib wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:01 pm

I’ve been told before that gaps of 4-5 months is
I m sure its 3-4 months has been said.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:32 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:08 pm
ssbib wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:01 pm

I’ve been told before that gaps of 4-5 months is
I m sure its 3-4 months has been said.
If you do 3-4 months 6 documents doesn’t cover the full 2 year period.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:08 am

Hello all,

Just looking through the paperwork for e application and it says we have to provide the “SELT unique reference number” for our language requirements.

My wife will be using her IELTS B1 certificate on this application. This is the same one we used for the initial leave to remain in 2017. I don’t see a SELT reference number on it. There is a UKVI reference, a test report form number and a customer reference number. Which of these do we use or are we going to have to take another test?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:39 am

ssbib wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:08 am
Hello all,

Just looking through the paperwork for e application and it says we have to provide the “SELT unique reference number” for our language requirements.

My wife will be using her IELTS B1 certificate on this application. This is the same one we used for the initial leave to remain in 2017. I don’t see a SELT reference number on it. There is a UKVI reference, a test report form number and a customer reference number. Which of these do we use or are we going to have to take another test?
The UKVI Or UER number on the certificate.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:51 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:39 am
ssbib wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:08 am
Hello all,

The UKVI Or UER number on the certificate.
Thanks a lot for confirming that. Jeez they don’t make it easy do they!

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:51 pm

What is the difference between IELTS and SELTS? Am I right in thinking that the IELTS Speaking and Listening B1 is a form of SELTS?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:55 pm

ssbib wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:51 pm
? Am I right in thinking that the IELTS Speaking and Listening B1 is a form of SELTS?
Yes

SELT = Secure English language tests
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:25 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:55 pm
ssbib wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:51 pm
? Am I right in thinking that the IELTS Speaking and Listening B1 is a form of SELTS?
Yes

SELT = Secure English language tests
Gotcha. It’s like a catch-all description for several tests? Good to know we are still good to go with that B1. I know we still have plenty of time to get another test but it’s just something we don’t need the hassle of. Thanks everyone.

Edit: just checked our test centre is still on the new list of approved centres for this year, and it is, and noticed it’s listed as IELTS SELTS Consortium. Shame I didn’t notice that before, haha.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:35 am

When you hand in your bank statements are they only looking at my wages being deposited in to my bank account? I have some transactions on there that I would ideally like to keep private. I understand I can’t omit those pages but they’re only interested in my wage deposits correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:48 am

ssbib wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:35 am
When you hand in your bank statements are they only looking at my wages being deposited in to my bank account? I have some transactions on there that I would ideally like to keep private. I understand I can’t omit those pages but they’re only interested in my wage deposits correct?
Income only. Ho don't care what your expenses are and you definitely should not redact info or remove any pages to keep things "private".
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:55 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:48 am
ssbib wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:35 am
Income only. Ho don't care what your expenses are and you definitely should not redact info or remove any pages to keep things "private".
I wouldn’t DARE do that, but thanks for confirming. Can I ask your opinion on something else bank statement related? My bank statements each contain a “summary of accounts” page before the actual statement begins and then “terms and conditions” at the end of each .pdf file. Neither is actually part of the statement. To save paper I’ve printed the actual statement only, from beginning to end and everything that is a numbered page of the statement, but have not printed the summary and T&C’s. Would that be ok or should I print and submit EVERYTHING? Another reason I did this was the “summary of accounts” page doesn’t appear on our joint account, which we are using as proof of address for my wife on a few occasions, and so I wanted them to be consistent.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:25 am

I think I’m just going to print them again. Best being safe than sorry.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:11 pm

I’ve got another quick question if I may about the proof of address section.

My wife has just located a job offer letter from her employer dated Sept 18. Can we use this, as it’s not listed on the official guidelines?

If we CAN use it I do not have any letters from Sept 18 but I do from Oct 18, can I submit that as my letter for that period? They don’t have to be the EXACT same month do they?

I think it’s worth having this letter if we can use it as it’s another source and we can remove 1 bank statement as right now my wife has 3 in this section.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:37 pm

ssbib wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:11 pm
I’ve got another quick question if I may about the proof of address section.

My wife has just located a job offer letter from her employer dated Sept 18. Can we use this, as it’s not listed on the official guidelines?

If we CAN use it I do not have any letters from Sept 18 but I do from Oct 18, can I submit that as my letter for that period? They don’t have to be the EXACT same month do they?

I think it’s worth having this letter if we can use it as it’s another source and we can remove 1 bank statement as right now my wife has 3 in this section.
Yes that job offer can be used despite not appearing on official guidance which is just for illustration purposes. You can also remove the unnecessary pages usually the marketing stuff or terms & conditions by making sure that the bank transactions/entries covers the whole relevant period 6 or 12 months.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:50 pm

Thanks Seagul. I hope you’re having a good weekend.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:21 pm

Last question for today, I promise :)

Does the 28 day rule apply only to wage slips, bank statements etc? I need to get some cover letters from my bank to explain a slight spelling mistake on my wife’s name on our bank statements for proof of residency, can I get this now or do I have to wait to make sure the letter is dated within the 28 day window? Similar issue for a letter from my letting agent, can I get it now or should I wait to be within the 28 days? Thanks everyone.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:34 pm

ssbib wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:21 pm

Does the 28 day rule apply only to wage slips, bank statements etc? I need to get some cover letters from my bank to explain a slight spelling mistake on my wife’s name on our bank statements for proof of residency, can I get this now or do I have to wait to make sure the letter is dated within the 28 day window? Similar issue for a letter from my letting agent, can I get it now or should I wait to be within the 28 days? Thanks everyone.
Latest payslip & bank statement, employer letter and landlord noc letter should strictly be within 28 days. If the bank statement only shows the correct surname with first name"s initials only but excludes middle name then it isn't an error.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:41 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:34 pm
ssbib wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:21 pm

Latest payslip & bank statement, employer letter and landlord noc letter should strictly be within 28 days. If the bank statement only shows the correct surname with first name"s initials only but excludes middle name then it isn't an error.
Ok thanks, I’ll make sure I stick to that. The name on the bank statement address label is fine, but over to the side where it has her name again it has merged one of her first name with her middle name so it appears as such: Firstmiddle Second Surname instead of First Second Middle Surname. It’s been amended going forward but historical bank statements can’t be reissued. We are only using these for proof of address so I’m sure it will be fine but going to get a letter just in case.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:44 pm

You don't need a letter to clarify this. You are overthinking.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:44 pm
You don't need a letter to clarify this. You are overthinking.
You really think it will be ok? It’s all correct on the address label as I said, and we are only using her bank statements for proof of address. We had a similar situation on her letters from HMRC. They were addressed to her full name but they ever so slightly mis-spelled her middle name on the address label. Because I this I didn’t use it, would it be ok on that also or should I not use that because it’s on the address label itself?

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:32 pm

Can I also ask if I need an NOC letter from landlord? We rent our property and have a tenancy agreement stating this. The letter from my letting agent I was planning on gettin*was just to say it is a genuine copy of the tenancy agreement. Do I need to state they have “no objection” to her staying there etc if she is named on the tenancy agreement Lastly do I need to have an inspection report or something?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:39 pm

Not required for a spouse visa extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:39 pm
Not required for a spouse visa extension.
I was hoping you would say that, thank you so much. I’m going to try and turn my brain off now. It’s so stressful all this visa stuff, thank you all again for the support.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:45 pm

It is important to note that you are NOT repeating the entry clearance document requirements when applying for a visa extension within the UK.

You only need to prove 2 years evidence of cohabitation in joint names, English and financial requirements.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ssbib
United Kingdom

Post by ssbib » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:45 pm
It is important to note that you are NOT repeating the entry clearance document requirements when applying for a visa extension within the UK.

You only need to prove 2 years evidence of cohabitation in joint names, English and financial requirements.
That’s good to know. I had never heard that term landlord noc before today, when my wife initially moved over we lived with my parents, who gave us permission to live there, so I got that without ever knowing I needed it, if that makes sense.

Just for future reference, is ILR essentially the same as FLR when it comes to requirements?