ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family settlement visas now valid for 27 months

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AfnanKhan
Newly Registered

New Citizenship Bill

Post by AfnanKhan » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:43 pm

Hi

I am new to this forum and have little experience of using them. I find it very difficult to follow government websites in these matters and wondered if someone could help me with a basic road map of the steps required to go from a settlement visa through to citizenship.

The situation is this.

My wife joined me on 01 November 2009.She obtained settlement visa on 15th October 2009, I'm not sure if that's the exact terminology but her visa states "No recourse to public funds".

I'm confused if she can apply for ILR on 15/10/2011 or she will be subject to New Citizenship Bill frankly I find it difficult to get my head round the Government websites. I also find it difficult to keep up with the recent changes, and proposed changes in legislation. I feel if I had a sort of general sequence of events to work to, I would be better positioned.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Regards

Afnan

vinny

Re: New Citizenship Bill

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:03 pm

AfnanKhan wrote:Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Husbands, wives and civil partners
KOL
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

saba85

Post by saba85 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:56 pm

i applied for FLR (M) visa in september 2009 my husband is british,we havent heard anything yet.my husband has to go to india for work purpose is there any chance home office can give us his passport ,we dont want to withdraw it just need his passport.thankyou for the help.

DesignChick
BANNED

Post by DesignChick » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:07 pm

DesignChick wrote:In regards to the UK entry from US, I wondered if it would be a problem only because the visa was issued in JA and not the states.
In addition I use my US passport to travel, so my JA passport would not reflect my entry into the US. But I suppose if any questions are asked I have my US passport on hand.
Hi, in regards, to this old post I have another question. Can I use my us passport for my spouse visa? I am applying in Jamaica, where I permanently reside now, but I don't use my Jamaican passport for any travelling except to get back into Jamaica.

rigstud

Need a bit of help!

Post by rigstud » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:51 pm

Hi All,

I live in the UK with my wife on a marriage visa (Spouse visa). I obtained the visa in Abu Dhabi and entered the UK three weeks after it was issued.

My two years will be up in June of next year. Could someone please tell me, if I need to apply using form set 'M'..?

I also understand I need to do biometrics....do I need to do the biometrics first before sending in the form set 'M'..?

Help with regards to this would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Need a bit of help!

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:57 pm

rigstud wrote:Hi All,

I live in the UK with my wife on a marriage visa (Spouse visa). I obtained the visa in Abu Dhabi and entered the UK three weeks after it was issued.

My two years will be up in June of next year. Could someone please tell me, if I need to apply using form set 'M'..?

I also understand I need to do biometrics....do I need to do the biometrics first before sending in the form set 'M'..?

Help with regards to this would be much appreciated.

Cheers!
SET(M). No biometrics.

regards

rigstud

Post by rigstud » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:23 am

Sushdmetha;

Thanks very much for your response. Though I am not sure what the difference is between forms Set 'M' & 'FLR M'

Apart from this you also have the Biometrics form 'FLR (BID)'.

So can anyone tell me what the difference is between these forms and which needs to be applied for first.

Thanks.

silverdiablo7
Newly Registered

Post by silverdiablo7 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:30 am

Small doubt,
If its a 27 month spouse visa, do we have to renew ibefore the end of the 24 month or end of 27 month??

A bit lost here.

Thank you :?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:58 pm

rigstud wrote:Sushdmetha;

Thanks very much for your response. Though I am not sure what the difference is between forms Set 'M' & 'FLR M'

Apart from this you also have the Biometrics form 'FLR (BID)'.

So can anyone tell me what the difference is between these forms and which needs to be applied for first.

Thanks.
Further Leave to Remain.
SETtlement.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:59 pm

silverdiablo7 wrote:Small doubt,
If its a 27 month spouse visa, do we have to renew ibefore the end of the 24 month or end of 27 month??

A bit lost here.

Thank you :?
If unable to apply for settlement before expiry of spouse visa, apply for extension (further leave to remain).

regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:40 pm

You can apply for ILR on form SET(M) no earlier than 28 days before the equivalent date you first entered the UK on your spouse visa...and no later than the expiry date.

silverdiablo7
Newly Registered

Post by silverdiablo7 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:37 pm

What I actually meant was when do I have to apply for my ILR from a spouse visa as mine is a 27 month spouse visa? Is it by the 24th or the 27th month.
Thank you very much

shabz_81

Post by shabz_81 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:50 pm

silverdiablo7 wrote:What I actually meant was when do I have to apply for my ILR from a spouse visa as mine is a 27 month spouse visa? Is it by the 24th or the 27th month.
Thank you very much
They give you 3 months extra just to give enough time to arrive into the UK. Count 28 days backwards from the date of Entry stamp into the UK. Or count 28 days backwards from the visa expiry date.