ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visas: Evidence of WhatsApp chat to PDF

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Re: Family Visas: Evidence of WhatsApp chat to PDF

Post by ReVerie » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:03 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:33 pm
ReVerie wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:14 am
seagul wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:13 pm
ReVerie wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:36 pm
On oanda.com £1534 is exchanging to €1808 right now, I’m being charged over extra £150..or am I not understanding correctly? One thing is clear, I am being asked to pay £1684 at the end where as it should be £1534 or as close enough to it as possible
Maybe any of their chargeable service got included which hadnt noticed or you were paying through credit card/overdraft?

I am paying through a credit card, are there so much more charges for paying through credit card?
I was already suspecting that as exchange rate can't be so higher. Credit card are mostly cheaper for in country transactions.
I actually just tried with both debit and credit card, theres hardly any difference :(

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Post by ReVerie » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:12 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:03 pm
seagul wrote:
ReVerie wrote:
seagul wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:13 pm

Maybe any of their chargeable service got included which hadnt noticed or you were paying through credit card/overdraft?

I am paying through a credit card, are there so much more charges for paying through credit card?
I was already suspecting that as exchange rate can't be so higher. Credit card are mostly cheaper for in country transactions.
I actually just tried with both debit and credit card, theres hardly any difference :(
Right, i had no choice but to contact the UKVI immigration myself for which i had to pay £1.37 per min. First i was on hold for at least 5-6mins+ and then the phone was answered by a nigerian woman who was so incompetent and could hardly speak engligh. Upon questioning her, she kept going back and forth to her manager to confirm but at the end she said pay all your fees now for applications whatever it is and then claim the refund later via the website. Absolutely horrendous! why do they have such people answering phone calls of people who are paying £1.37pm! and the rediculous hold time...

Either way, at this point it seems like my only choice is to pay for the application the amount and then request refund from website. The woman on phone ofcourse had no idea where to claim the refund from, so any guidance from you guys be awesome.

So just to be clear, i have paid the following for my Spouse visa application for my wife in Morocco:

1. £1299 IHS
2. £2210 UKVI spouse (outside UK) with Priority service

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Post by ReVerie » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:16 pm

Just having another issues guys, so i completed the application payment and was directed to TLS website. There should be option for self-upload under "TLS Services" which i cant see! :( this is so important for me! The only option i see is for "Appointment - Self Service" but this is still an appointment to attend there?!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:34 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:12 pm
ReVerie wrote:
seagul wrote:
ReVerie wrote:

Right, i had no choice but to contact the UKVI immigration myself for which i had to pay £1.37 per min. First i was on hold for at least 5-6mins+ and then the phone was answered by a nigerian woman who was so incompetent and could hardly speak engligh. Upon questioning her, she kept going back and forth to her manager to confirm but at the end she said pay all your fees now for applications whatever it is and then claim the refund later via the website. Absolutely horrendous! why do they have such people answering phone calls of people who are paying £1.37pm! and the rediculous hold time...

Either way, at this point it seems like my only choice is to pay for the application the amount and then request refund from website. The woman on phone ofcourse had no idea where to claim the refund from, so any guidance from you guys be awesome.

So just to be clear, i have paid the following for my Spouse visa application for my wife in Morocco:

1. £1299 IHS
UKVI telephone operators don't have immigration knowledge because they are outsourced to agency. A lot of private/public buildings in now a days increasingly getting manned through security receptionists.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Post by ReVerie » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:50 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:34 pm
ReVerie wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:12 pm
ReVerie wrote:
seagul wrote:

1. £1299 IHS
UKVI telephone operators don't have immigration knowledge because they are outsourced to agency. A lot of private/public buildings in now a days increasingly getting manned through security receptionists.
Thanks Seagul

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Post by ReVerie » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:51 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:16 pm
Just having another issues guys, so i completed the application payment and was directed to TLS website. There should be option for self-upload under "TLS Services" which i cant see! :( this is so important for me! The only option i see is for "Appointment - Self Service" but this is still an appointment to attend there?!
Does anyone have any knowledge of the above ? The VAC center im applying in is Rabat, Morocco

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Post by ReVerie » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:04 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:51 pm
ReVerie wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:16 pm
Does anyone have any knowledge of the above ? The VAC center im applying in is Rabat, Morocco
Ok so after i have been researching, i've managed to find out myself and i think can help others who be in similar situation.

So, when you are booking appoint at TLScontact, you may not get option for "self upload" service, in that case, just choose "Appointment - Self Service" and then once you have booked your appointment, you will then see the button next to your application for "Upload" self service. You can then just use this to upload your documents.

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Post by ReVerie » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:32 pm

thanks for the help so far everyone, i just have 2 more queries.

1. The categories for self-uploading looks quite straightforward but still confusing i.e. scan of my passport copy should go into "Travel documents" or "Sponsors Evidence"

2. I read that the bank statements should be printed from the bank and not downloaded e-version is this correct?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:19 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:32 pm

1. The categories for self-uploading looks quite straightforward but still confusing i.e. scan of my passport copy should go into "Travel documents" or "Sponsors Evidence"

2. I read that the bank statements should be printed from the bank and not downloaded e-version is this correct?
There should be a guide telling you what should be uploaded where. The guide appears not to be definitive enough I. E. not clear where to upload what. Faced same thing, did the best I could but ensured I uploaded all documents I considered important and got a positive outcome.

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Post by ReVerie » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:40 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:19 pm
ReVerie wrote:

There should be a guide telling you what should be uploaded where. The guide appears not to be definitive enough I. E. not clear where to upload what. Faced same thing, did the best I could but ensured I uploaded all documents I considered important and got a positive outcome.
understood, so i guess the most important thing is loading the right documents but not a big crime if they've been uploaded into location where they dont expect it to be

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:23 am

ReVerie wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:40 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:19 pm
ReVerie wrote:

understood, so i guess the most important thing is loading the right documents but not a big crime if they've been uploaded into location where they dont expect it to be
Correct.

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Post by ReVerie » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:40 pm

So guys do you know if the bank statements downloaded from account online will be acceptable? As I read somewhere that you should get them from your bank by visiting a branch. The e version statements says “online copy” on them.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:59 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:40 pm
So guys do you know if the bank statements downloaded from account online will be acceptable? As I read somewhere that you should get them from your bank by visiting a branch. The e version statements says “online copy” on them.
Many banks now send their E- bank statements in PDF format which resembles with postal bank statements. If the E-Bank statements aren't pacifically marked as online then these should be acceptable without stamp.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Post by ReVerie » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:45 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:59 pm
ReVerie wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:40 pm
Many banks now send their E- bank statements in PDF format which resembles with postal bank statements. If the E-Bank statements aren't pacifically marked as online then these should be acceptable without stamp.
Unfortunately my bank statements from online has wording "Online copy" on every page. I just went to bank and ask them to print and stamp every page.

Also, just wanted to ask, since we are still in early days of January, will it be ok for me to miss last month statement as its not been issued yet? and also my payslip? i will still be providing both for last 6 months starting from November going back

Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:07 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:45 pm

Also, just wanted to ask, since we are still in early days of January, will it be ok for me to miss last month statement as its not been issued yet? and also my payslip? i will still be providing both for last 6 months starting from November going back

Many thanks
Month of November was passed more than 28 days ago from now. Wait for latest payslips & banks statements.

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Post by ReVerie » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:59 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:07 pm
ReVerie wrote:

Many thanks
Month of November was passed more than 28 days ago from now. Wait for latest payslips & banks statements.
Problem is, my next monthly statement for bank will be released on the 7th and the appointment at the VAC is on the 8th :( can i not say to them that at the time of submitting docs my statement for last month hasnt been released. They should be able to see from my previous statements that it gets released on the 7th or 8th of every month?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:04 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:59 pm
seagul wrote:
ReVerie wrote:

Many thanks
Problem is, my next monthly statement for bank will be released on the 7th and the appointment at the VAC is on the 8th :( can i not say to them that at the time of submitting docs my statement for last month hasnt been released. They should be able to see from my previous statements that it gets released on the 7th or 8th of every month?
Simply visit your branch and they will definitely be able to print the last month's bank statement.

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Post by ReVerie » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:05 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:04 pm
ReVerie wrote:
seagul wrote:
ReVerie wrote:

Many thanks
Simply visit your branch and they will definitely be able to print the last month's bank statement.
I did visit them today thats how i got all my statements but they said last months not been generated yet :(

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Post by ReVerie » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:38 am

Could someone tell me please when the HO actually start working on your application. Is it right after you’ve made all the payments or only after the appointment at the visa center when the passport has been submitted? Also ofcourse my wife will be taking her original passport to the appointment but do you think they will also ask to see my original passport as well as a sponsor ?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:44 am

After biometrics appointment.

No, your original passport won't be asked for. You only need to scan and upload your passport. Checking applicants passport is to confirm identity. You aren't applying for a visa so no need for that to be checked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:58 pm

ReVerie wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:05 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:04 pm
ReVerie wrote:
seagul wrote:

I did visit them today thats how i got all my statements but they said last months not been generated yet :(
Ask for statement of entries on their stationary.

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Post by ReVerie » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:58 pm

Alright, i am just going to "submit" all the documents now so just wanted to run the documents checklist past you guys to see if there is anything i am missing. I will also mention the category into which i am uploading the documents:

Travel and Residency Documents:
1. Mine and my wife's passport

Financial Evidence
2. 6 months payslips
3. 6 months bank statements

Employment Evidence
4. Company letter confirming employment job title, salary and start date.

Accommodation Temporary or Permanent
5. Mortgage deed and official register papers & NOC letter as its joint mortgage

Family Evidence
6. Visits and Wedding pictures
7. WhatsApp chat history
8. Visa entries on the passport and e-tickets
9. Wife's English A1 certificate
10. Wife's TB certificate
11. Marriage certificate (officially translate in my case)

Would be great if someone can confirm the category and list and if anything i'm missing.

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Post by ReVerie » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:04 pm

Right so uploaded and submitted all my documents online and my wife also just finished with her appointment at the Rabat VAC. Just one thing, when she reached there, they asked her for the printed copy of the visa application for some reason because it doesnt say anywhere to take this with you to the appointment as everything should be online. Luckily she managed to print out the application with a close by printer.

I will update you guys once the decision has been made for the application.

Thank you everyone for all your kind support

At the end, can i please request the moderators to change the main subject of this post trail to "Family Visas: Spouse Application (Morocco)" please as right now its showing as "Family Visas: Evidence of WhatsApp chat to PDF"

ReVerie
United Kingdom

Post by ReVerie » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:08 pm

Hi there again everyone,

Just a quick one, i submitted visa application with priority service on 8th Jan and still have not heard 'anything' from the HO, is this normal ? should i be getting refund for this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:12 pm

Priority service is not guaranteed and is usually not decided in less than 30 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.