ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My ILR application got rejected...can someone help?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:20 am

PaulM wrote:There is great ambiguity over the rules as one set talks about working continuously for the 5 years and the other talks about seeking employment and being able to support oneself.

Anyway what I plan to do is continue with my studies next year and get a part time job just to cover myself.
Not really, imho. It seems to me the purpose is quite clear which is to be working. However to be practical and reasonable, they changed the standard to seeking employment so there is some flexibility. You shouldn't be screwed if there is a restructure and you have been made redundant. You need time to find work again. You are not supposed to spend the whole 5 year period "seeking employment" as long as you can support yourself and study instead. Cmon. And thank god they changed it to seeking employment. How would you like one of those less than brilliant caseworkers to reject your application because the standard is to be working continuously on the account of you had to look for work during your periods of unemployment.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:07 pm

Exactly, Republique. Knowing the purpose behind the immigration categories, what is expected of each and the criteria that the caseworkers will be judging them against, plays a big part in increasing your chances of success. It is not helpful at all to go in with the wrong ideas.

You might be lucky and get a lenient caseworker, but those who've been to PEOs know there are some nasty ones out there who won't hesitate to tear the applicant to pieces.