ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr cancelling application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

testinguk2010
India

Re: Ilr cancelling application

Post by testinguk2010 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:16 pm

entry and exit stamps as first passport has been lost

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:19 pm

testinguk2010 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:16 pm
entry and exit stamps as first passport has been lost
These you can easily retrieved through the past tickets/boarding passes in minutes rather than in months .
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:21 pm

I have the details of date of entry and exit from 2010 because we have the old (LOST)passport photo copies where except one entry page.
unfortunately one entry page photo copy is missing which contains ENTRY date of UK in august 2012 after coming from vacation in July 2012 backhome
so at the time of submitting ILR application/doucment need to submit all photo copies right?
as its one photo copy missing am just concerned.

if i get SAR copy atleast i will ensure whatever the date i have august 2012 will match
though i have boarding pass/flight ticket of 2012 august, Also my and my wife entry also there in passport after went vacation back from vacation in 2012

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:19 pm

testinguk2010 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:21 pm
I have the details of date of entry and exit from 2010 because we have the old (LOST)passport photo copies where except one entry page.
unfortunately one entry page photo copy is missing which contains ENTRY date of UK in august 2012 after coming from vacation in July 2012 backhome
so at the time of submitting ILR application/doucment need to submit all photo copies right?
as its one photo copy missing am just concerned.

if i get SAR copy atleast i will ensure whatever the date i have august 2012 will match
though i have boarding pass/flight ticket of 2012 august, Also my and my wife entry also there in passport after went vacation back from vacation in 2012
I would think the boarding passes will have the dates you require and partner's passport will contain same. If the page is missing from copies you have, state it as not retrievable. Do be assured that HO has all the records.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:50 am

Many thanks
i will attach passport photo copies
do i need to add covering letter that one entry photo copy has been missed and non retrievable (i can attach the boarding pass flight ticket and parents passport copy)
can i apply for SAR also meanwhile

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:22 pm

testinguk2010 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:50 am
Many thanks
i will attach passport photo copies
do i need to add covering letter that one entry photo copy has been missed and non retrievable (i can attach the boarding pass flight ticket and parents passport copy)
can i apply for SAR also meanwhile
If you wish then may add a covering letter for own peace of mind. SAR file might take a while and perhaps might be futile if gets arrived later when you would have already applied.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

testinguk2010
India

Re: MN1 query

Post by testinguk2010 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:01 am

Hi admin

Many thanks for your kind assistance, much appreciated with your time.

Have small query please.

my son born in UK in 2018 and currently in UK on PBS depandant visa valid till march (my cos expires in feb)
i have got ilr. My wife yet to apply for ILR

now i need to apply for MN1 for my child.
i heard it takes minimum 3 to 4 months for the result. if i apply in december, defenetly he cannot be british child before end of february/march.
It means will my son fall into overstayer if result of Mn1 doesnt come in next 3 months

can i have to apply for an appendix FM dependant visa?

kindly clariy my queries please..and any supported links please..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:09 am

UK born child has an entitlement to be registered as BC after any parent(s) is settled i.e. has ILR. Child’s visa expiry and being an overstayer will have no impact on his entitlement.

Child may not be eligible for free NHS after visa expiry and before MN1 is approved though.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 query

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:22 am

testinguk2010 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:01 am
Hi admin

Many thanks for your kind assistance, much appreciated with your time.

Have small query please.

my son born in UK in 2018 and currently in UK on PBS depandant visa valid till march (my cos expires in feb)
i have got ilr. My wife yet to apply for ILR

now i need to apply for MN1 for my child.
i heard it takes minimum 3 to 4 months for the result. if i apply in december, defenetly he cannot be british child before end of february/march.
It means will my son fall into overstayer if result of Mn1 doesnt come in next 3 months

can i have to apply for an appendix FM dependant visa?

kindly clariy my queries please..and any supported links please..
Please ask British citizenship questions in the specific sub forum we have for that. These questions are not relevant to the ILR topic or sub forum.

british-citizenship/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

testinguk2010
India

Re:

Post by testinguk2010 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:40 pm

sure will do, many thanks for updating

before i wrap up here, kindly share the link which supports that child who born in uk doesn't become an overstayer though his exiting visa expires while MN1 application in progress.

Eg: am ILR. my son existing PBS visa expires in the last week of feb,
if i apply MN1 now and the result doesn't come before feb end, he does not become an overstayer.

why am getting this doubt is someone said Mn1 is not uk home office application. hence he will become an overstayer if MN1 result doesn't come before feb end.

Kindly correct me if am wrong and the uk gov official link on the same

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:44 pm

He will become overstayer YES but his overstay will NOT affect his entitlement to be registered as a British Citizen.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

testinguk2010
India

Re: Mn1 query overstay

Post by testinguk2010 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:03 am

You are mentioning he will overstay, does it mean it invalid the Mn1 application?
is overstaying of kid is impacting to father
shalli apply depandant visa?

Kidly share the link which supports child overstayer (while MN1 applicaiton in progress) doesnt have impact on application or father who submits the application. .

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:08 am

What part did you not understand in my previous post?
He will become overstayer YES but his overstay will NOT affect his entitlement to be registered as a British Citizen.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:56 pm

my question is different mate

in the worst scenario, if MN1 application got refused for the child in march/april (beyond feb end - original pbs visa expiry date), then what the situation of baby immigration status, definitely he will be an overstayer
will he get 14 days to apply another application in march/April (whenever he gets the unsuccessful result of Mn1)

iam asking in the event of worst case scenario. happy path is mostly kids application will through once any parent has got ILR

to avoid the risk can we apply PBS dependant visa for 1 year? once issue arrives then we can apply MN1.

correct me if am wrong

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:16 pm

There is no "14 days" aspect for citizenship apps that are refused. You are not making an immigration application on MN1.

PBS dependent extension is for 3 years. You cannot apply for just 1 year.

You are overthinking. MN1 refusal for UK born children is extremely rare, if it ever occurs.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

testinguk2010
India

Re: MN1 application query

Post by testinguk2010 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:23 pm

Good Evening Admin,

Thanks a lot for timely assitance, much appreciated

am filling Mn1 for my child who born 2 years ago. am filling application on my own without taking help from solicitor
for references, i took references from 2 friends, two friends are working IT professionals
how does the referee know the applicant - friends son

but in forums i saw, one should be friend and another should be the second referee must normally be the holder of a British
citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

is it ok to give 2 friends details or should i search for solicitor?

Many thanks in advance

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:38 pm

Good Evening Admin,

Thanks a lot for timely assistance, much appreciated

am filling Mn1 for my child who born 2 years ago in UK. am ILR
am filling the application on my own without taking help from a solicitor

for 2 references, I took references from 2 friends, who are working as IT professions who are working in the software industry. Both are > 25.
for 2 references, i gave like t his

but in forums i saw, one should be a professional who engaged with child in a professional capacity such a teacher, health visiotr, social worker or minister of religion

another should be the second referee must normally be the holder of a British
citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

is it ok to give references as 2 friends' details or should i search for a solicitor to get for 2nd referee?

Many thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:17 pm

Please start a topic in the British citizenship sub forum for the MN1 questions. They are not relevant to the ilr topic or the ilr sub forum!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)