ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong IHS Number! So Mad at Myself!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Wrong IHS Number! So Mad at Myself!

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:40 am

Or try pay it separately, link below, and add a covering letter to your documents.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... cation/pay
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

violinboy
Hong Kong

Post by violinboy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:35 am

Thank you. I've just submitted a 'Return of documents' form through https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml, filled in my Payment reference number and called UKVI and they say they will refund it in this case. I've got my record number 'ROD*********'; how do I find this 'progress request' form to enquire the progress of my cancellation?

Also, do I make a new application 1) now 2) wait until they've cancelled or 3) wait until they've refunded? I have enough funds to do it now but just don't want to make any more mistakes.

Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:57 am

violinboy wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:35 am
Thank you. I've just submitted a 'Return of documents' form through https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml, filled in my Payment reference number and called UKVI and they say they will refund it in this case. I've got my record number 'ROD*********'; how do I find this 'progress request' form to enquire the progress of my cancellation?

Also, do I make a new application 1) now 2) wait until they've cancelled or 3) wait until they've refunded? I have enough funds to do it now but just don't want to make any more mistakes.

Thank you.
As you can not have 2 application running at the same time, once you have confirmed the cancellation of current application, you can submit the other.

violinboy
Hong Kong

Post by violinboy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:09 pm

After submtting the Return of documents form, it writes 'Your form has been received successfully'; does it mean I can submit a new visa applciation now? Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:33 pm

violinboy wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:09 pm
After submtting the Return of documents form, it writes 'Your form has been received successfully'; does it mean I can submit a new visa applciation now? Thank you.
Its cancellation you are after, dont know how return of documents ROD comes into it. People with better understanding should please advice.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:35 pm

I would suggest create a cover letter an upload it to the UKVACs site. Press submit

If the wrong IHS is paid, the caseworker will most likely contact you to request IHS is paid. This was always the process if IHS isn't paid correctly.

Make sure you just let UKVI know.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

violinboy
Hong Kong

Post by violinboy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:38 pm

The UKVI staff advise me to submit the ROD form, as I've applied in the UK.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:41 pm

violinboy wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:38 pm
The UKVI staff advise me to submit the ROD form, as I've applied in the UK.
I think you were told correctly because cancelling your application online takes you to the same ROD form.
https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

violinboy
Hong Kong

Post by violinboy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:48 pm

As I'm reapplying, I realize the following questions that I just put 'no' in my cancelled application:

Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?

Should I choose 'yes', as I've included my partner and I's joint bank account as an evidence of shared financial responsibilities, as my partner will be counted as 'other people'?

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

Should I choose 'yes', as my sponsor is my partner, which is counted as 'another person'?

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:52 pm

violinboy wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:48 pm
As I'm reapplying, I realize the following questions that I just put 'no' in my cancelled application:

Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?

Should I choose 'yes', as I've included my partner and I's joint bank account as an evidence of shared financial responsibilities, as my partner will be counted as 'other people'?

Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

Should I choose 'yes', as my sponsor is my partner, which is counted as 'another person'?

Thank you.
Declaration/consent number 1 is signed by the applicant whereas 2nd is signed by the sponsor whilst the 3rd one is marked as n/a.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:54 pm

Say yes for the question about sharing the document with partner and say no for another person - third party.

violinboy
Hong Kong

Post by violinboy » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:00 pm

Thank you!

violinboy
Hong Kong

Post by violinboy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:35 am

I've made a stupid error again... I've pressed 'submit documents' on the UKVCAS website, but now I realize the accountant's certificate of confirmation I uploaded is digitally signed (I should upload the wet signed version instead)

Now I can't upload more documents! What can I do?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:22 am

violinboy wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:35 am
I've made a stupid error again... I've pressed 'submit documents' on the UKVCAS website, but now I realize the accountant's certificate of confirmation I uploaded is digitally signed (I should upload the wet signed version instead)

Now I can't upload more documents! What can I do?
Within the covid-19 period, electronic signature was allowed and what you uploaded could be accepted.
Another option is to take the document along for biometrics and use the assisted scanning service wherein can be loaded.

violinboy
Hong Kong

Post by violinboy » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:17 pm

Thanks

violinboy
Hong Kong

Post by violinboy » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:45 pm

We're going to give biometrics next Wednesday.

I've realized the gross taxable profit of my partner's last financial year is already over £18600 (eligible for Category F), but we've done our application according to the requirement of Cateogry G... I don't know why I've made this mistake....

Will the home office refuse the visa and ask us to apply with Category F again?

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:22 pm

violinboy wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:45 pm
We're going to give biometrics next Wednesday.

I've realized the gross taxable profit of my partner's last financial year is already over £18600 (eligible for Category F), but we've done our application according to the requirement of Cateogry G... I don't know why I've made this mistake....

Will the home office refuse the visa and ask us to apply with Category F again?

Thank you
No
In case of self employment or being the director/employee of specified limited, you can either apply under category F or voluntarily can choose to apply under category G provided be able to supply all documents.

violinboy
Hong Kong

Post by violinboy » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:23 pm

Thanks!

violinboy
Hong Kong

Post by violinboy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:18 am

Update: Thanks to everyone's help (especially @CR001 & @seagul, the replies you gave me have calmed me down during the hardest times, can't thank you enough), I have received an email from the Home Office on 30th Oct, including a PDF saying my FLR(M) application is successful. I waited so long to annouce this because I wanted to wait until my BRP arrives, so I can celebrate and thank everyone involved in the process all at once.

However, the BRP still hasn't arrived. I have reported through (https://www.biometric-residence-permit. ... r-received)on 16th Nov and still hasn't got a reply. I have reported using the '20 day chaser' instruction from the automated Home Office email using the same form again today but I'm assuming there won't be any reply.

Does anyone have the same experience? What can I do? Without the BRP I cannot apply for a National Insurance number (which the Home Office states, is 'not required' to get a job), but I can't even proof my identity to get a job in first place! Money is running out slowly...

Thank you

violinboy
Hong Kong

Post by violinboy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:37 pm

Update:

FLR(M) approved!
Timeline:
Application submitted 14-10-2020
Decision email received 30-10-2020
BRP received 22-12-2020

Thank you everyone! Couldn't have done it with out you guys! Such a kind community!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:56 am

violinboy wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:37 pm
Update:

FLR(M) approved!
Timeline:
Application submitted 14-10-2020
Decision email received 30-10-2020
BRP received 22-12-2020

Thank you everyone! Couldn't have done it with out you guys! Such a kind community!
Update appreciated, Congratulations on the success.

violinboy
Hong Kong

Post by violinboy » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:28 am

Update:
I have difficulty finding a job in the UK and wish to apply for the 3-year CA Work Permit for HK citizens (immediately to citizenship route). Will I be refused becuase I hold a UK spouse visa? Thank you.

P.S. My partner loves Cananda and wants to move away