ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa extension - BRP card & passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Massmass
India

Re: When to start spouse visa extension process

Post by Massmass » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:13 pm

Thanks.

On a separate note is there a checklist of what needs to be submitted for spouse visa extension application.

I can think of english language skills and financial but it would be good to have full requirement list

Massmass
India

Thanks.

On a separate note is there a checklist of what needs to be submitted for spouse visa extension application.

I can think of english language skills and financial but it would be good to have full requirement list

Massmass
India

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:23 pm

Massmass wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:13 pm
Thanks.

Yes you will get that checklist once submits the application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:23 pm

Massmass wrote:
Thanks.

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Massmass
India

Post by Massmass » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:40 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:23 pm
Massmass wrote:
Thanks.

Really? Thought it would be other way round? Do you not submit application in one go

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:06 pm

The checklist comes at the end.

You need passports, brp card, English A2, minimum 6 months payslips and corresponding bank statements, employer letter, 2 years evidence of cohabitation in both names from 3 to 6 different sources, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months.

Financial evidence depends on you how you plan on meeting this requirment, ie page employee, self employed etc.

This is answered many times daily in the forum!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Massmass
India

Post by Massmass » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:59 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:06 pm
The checklist comes at the end.

You need passports, brp card, English A2, minimum 6 months payslips and corresponding bank statements, employer letter, 2 years evidence of cohabitation in both names from 3 to 6 different sources, spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months.

Financial evidence depends on you how you plan on meeting this requirment, ie page employee, self employed etc.

This is answered many times daily in the forum!
What if spouse is not in employment. I alone meet the financial requirement.

In terms of evidence of cohabitation what kind are these. I have a few bills in both names but for first 18 months we lived with parents.

Holiday pictures, whatsapp messages?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:40 am

Only one of you need to meet the financial requirment. There is no mandatory requirement for the visa holder must work.

You need to find any letters addressed to both of you for the last two years.

Holiday pic and WhatsApp is NOT required for an extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Massmass
India

Post by Massmass » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:40 am
Only one of you need to meet the financial requirment. There is no mandatory requirement for the visa holder must work.

You need to find any letters addressed to both of you for the last two years.

Holiday pic and WhatsApp is NOT required for an extension.
I have council tax bill and gas bill addressed to us both. We were not paying any bills when we lived with my parents. Is that sufficient?

Also surprised about no pictures as they seem to reject applications based on not being able to prove how genuine things are?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:51 pm

I have council tax bill and gas bill addressed to us both. We were not paying any bills when we lived with my parents. Is that sufficient?
You need items from 3 to 6 different sources for every 3 to 4 months covering the last two years. It does not have to be only official letters. It can be any letter.
Also surprised about no pictures as they seem to reject applications based on not being able to prove how genuine things are?
You are applying for an extension NOT an entry clearance visa where pics and WhatsApp to prove relationship is required because obviously you don't live together if the spouse is applying for a new visa to come to the uk based on a spouse living in the UK and needs to prove communication etc for subsisting relationship.

For an extension, ho expects to see evidence in both your names at the same address for two years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Massmass
India

Post by Massmass » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:10 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:51 pm
You need items from 3 to 6 different sources for every 3 to 4 months covering the last two years. It does not have to be only official letters. It can be any letter.
You are applying for an extension NOT an entry clearance visa where pics and WhatsApp to prove relationship is required because obviously you don't live together if the spouse is applying for a new visa to come to the uk based on a spouse living in the UK and needs to prove communication etc for subsisting relationship.

For an extension, ho expects to see evidence in both your names at the same address for two years.
What kind of letters though? We didnt pay for any bills at my parents?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:43 pm

Massmass wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:10 pm

Any letter addressed in joint/individual names can be accepted in lieu of utility bills.

Massmass
India

Post by Massmass » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:12 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:43 pm
Massmass wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:10 pm

Any letter addressed in joint/individual names can be accepted in lieu of utility bills.
Thanks have plenty of these from gp, bank etc

Massmass
India

Post by Massmass » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:13 pm

Does anyone have a link to the part which tells you to start applying for extension visa after the first 30 months?

Massmass
India

Post by Massmass » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:13 am

Massmass wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:13 pm
Does anyone have a link to the part which tells you to start applying for extension visa after the first 30 months?
Please could someone kindly provide link. I have been told not to apply any more than 28 days before brp expiry

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:51 pm

Massmass wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:13 am
Massmass wrote:
Please could someone kindly provide link. I have been told not to apply any more than 28 days before brp expiry
There are several discussions and members own experiences which you can search by yourself. An FLRM extension can be applied anytime but ideally is recommended after 30 months till the last day of BRP expiry to avoid any shortfall in future.

Massmass
India

Post by Massmass » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:16 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:51 pm
Massmass wrote:
Massmass wrote:
There are several discussions and members own experiences which you can search by yourself. An FLRM extension can be applied anytime but ideally is recommended after 30 months till the last day of BRP expiry to avoid any shortfall in future.
Thanks seagul - someone has told me best time is to apply 28 days before BRP expiry and no earlier simply as applying earlier could mean by the time ILR applicaton comes you might be short of 60 montha as spouse extension visa was done quickly?

I dont quite understand as surely applying after 30 months is safer. What happens if within short time of.28 days there is rejection considering 8 week processing time?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:28 pm

Massmass wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:16 pm
What happens if within short time of.28 days there is rejection considering 8 week processing time?
An in timely submitted application triggers section 3C which avoid the person from becoming overstayer until the full appeal rights will be exhausted. If you wish then can apply even the last day of visa expiry. Also remember that ILR can also be applied 28 days before same as other immigration related applications can be applied.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:07 pm

Massmass wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:16 pm
seagul wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:51 pm
Massmass wrote:
Massmass wrote:
Thanks seagul - someone has told me best time is to apply 28 days before BRP expiry and no earlier simply as applying earlier could mean by the time ILR applicaton comes you might be short of 60 montha as spouse extension visa was done quickly?

I dont quite understand as surely applying after 30 months is safer. What happens if within short time of.28 days there is rejection considering 8 week processing time?
And should it be granted earlier they do get the remaining day to complete 30 months credited - If I can use that word OR added to the new extension granted. This from HO side is to ensure nothing shortfall.

Massmass
India

Post by Massmass » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:41 pm

We moved address earlier this year and I am wondering if HO need to be informed and how so?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:54 pm

Massmass wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:41 pm
We moved address earlier this year and I am wondering if HO need to be informed and how so?
https://www.immigrationboards.com/gener ... 04136.html

Massmass
India

Post by Massmass » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:59 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:54 pm
Massmass wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:41 pm
https://www.immigrationboards.com/gener ... 04136.html
Thanks seagull i replied back there

Massmass
India

Post by Massmass » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:09 am

Sorry for starting another thread, will continue here.
Seagull I know you said spouse doesnt need to inform change of address but what is this link about then?
https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:09 am

Massmass wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:09 am
Sorry for starting another thread, will continue here.
Seagull I know you said spouse doesnt need to inform change of address but what is this link about then?
https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp
The change of address is only relevant to the PBS visas route holder. It is not relevant to spouse visa holders!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)