ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application, been 14 months

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application, been 14 months

Post by zimba » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:57 pm

Halshimitzu wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:50 pm
Thanks Zimba,

Is the applicant able to work whilst waiting? 18 months is so long
Yes, if the application is in-time
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Halshimitzu

Post by Halshimitzu » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:19 am

I was actually asking if the applicant can take a new job whilst waiting.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:23 am

Halshimitzu wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:19 am
Depends on the pathway to ILR.

Section 3C continues the leave with the same restrictions as that applied before an in-time immigration applicationwas made.

So if the applicant was on a Skilled Worker visa, the restrictions of a Skilled Worker visa continue and the applicant can't change job.

If it is another form of visa, such as a spouse or dependent visa, they can, because there was no such restriction on their original visa.

But it will be harder to prove that they have the right to work without an up to date BRP and so employers will be reluctant to hire.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:22 am

Halshimitzu wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:19 am
This is not your post. Please refrain from posting your queries here :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Dhc1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dhc1 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:03 pm

Hi everyone,

I received my ILR finally yesterday afternoon. 22nd October 2023.

I filed a PAP on 26th of September and received an update on 10th Oct that they need 14 more days to give an update. Next PAP deadline was 24th Oct. They convenietly approved my ILR so that they don't need to give me a reason why this was held up.

I am relieved and a bit angry as I don't really know why was the held up. I talked to my immigration lawyer and she told me that it looks like they messed up and now trying to cover up by approving before giving any response to PAP. Well played HO, well played. Anyway I don't think I'd receive the refund of Priority pay or any reasonable explaination from HO, I'd have to live with this.

Thanks everyone.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:06 pm

You're not allowed to advertise solicitors here - details removed.
Dhc1 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:03 pm
Hi everyone,

I received my ILR finally yesterday afternoon. 22nd October 2023.

I filed a PAP on 26th of September and received an update on 10th Oct that they need 14 more days to give an update. Next PAP deadline was 24th Oct. They convenietly approved my ILR so that they don't need to give me a reason why this was held up.

I am relieved and a bit angry as I don't really know why was the held up. I talked to my immigration lawyer and she told me that it looks like they messed up and now trying to cover up by approving before giving any response to PAP. Well played HO, well played. Anyway I don't think I'd receive the refund of Priority pay or any reasonable explaination from HO, I'd have to live with this.

Thanks everyone.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Dhc1
Newly Registered
India

Post by Dhc1 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:50 am

It can be useful to others. I had to contact 20 immi solicitors and more than half of them said there is no point of doing anything, just wait for your application. Few of them were asking 600-700 just for an hour of advice. It is worth noting, this platform is for the people to advise and help, even if the scenario was complicated or complex, PAP by lawyer helped and got me my VIsa.

Home office also replied to PAP and they just said "oh HO has granted you visa, this PAP is concluded". No reason, no justification, no steps why it was delayed. for the 17 months I was under turmoil. SHAM.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:15 am

Dhc1 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:50 am
It can be useful to others. I had to contact 20 immi solicitors and more than half of them said there is no point of doing anything, just wait for your application. Few of them were asking 600-700 just for an hour of advice. It is worth noting, this platform is for the people to advise and help, even if the scenario was complicated or complex, PAP by lawyer helped and got me my VIsa.

Home office also replied to PAP and they just said "oh HO has granted you visa, this PAP is concluded". No reason, no justification, no steps why it was delayed. for the 17 months I was under turmoil. SHAM.
Please refer to Basic Rules - No.8 for members in the Board Ts&Cs, which all members are required to read on registration. :idea:

announcements/terms-conditions-t3.html
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.