ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation timeline worries (Update)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Odd-Ordinary8417
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation timeline worries (Update)

Post by Odd-Ordinary8417 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:19 am

justanothername wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:36 am
I submitted my biometric on 1st September and also received the standard reply on the day it was five months since biometric. I am not sure if for me too it’s IT issue but frustrating that after paying so much money they can’t even give us a decent status update. It’s okay if they tell me it will be a year and we don’t have the bandwidth but not saying anything at all gives you all kind of anxieties.
yeah this is their standard way of dealing with delayed application, sometimes blaming it on IT issue, someone i know got their approval within 3 months and they had suspended license and speeding tickets, fines on their record. another thing i have noticed is that applicants with EU settlement scheme are more likely to face this "IT issue". Hope we all get approvals soon

toofunky2000
United Kingdom

Post by toofunky2000 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:23 am

MuhammadM86 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:27 am
toofunky2000 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:55 am
Nothing yet from Jul-23, many applicants from July are still waiting for a decision. Don't understand why only July but have to wait as they are not responding on the emails.
Are you submitting a complaint?
Not yet, waiting some more time and then go through proper channel i.e., involve MP first and then complaint if problem persists.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:35 pm

Odd-Ordinary8417 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:19 am
justanothername wrote:
I submitted my biometric on 1st September and also received the standard reply on the day it was five months since biometric. I am not sure if for me too it’s IT issue but frustrating that after paying so much money they can’t even give us a decent status update. It’s okay if they tell me it will be a year and we don’t have the bandwidth but not saying anything at all gives you all kind of anxieties.
yeah this is their standard way of dealing with delayed application, sometimes blaming it on IT issue, someone i know got their approval within 3 months and they had suspended license and speeding tickets, fines on their record. another thing i have noticed is that applicants with EU settlement scheme are more likely to face this "IT issue". Hope we all get approvals soon
I applied in May with settled status, a bit earlier than July, but didn't encounter any issue. I wonder what is causing these problems and if it is more specific to people on the EUSS or if we are just observing more of those cases because of a non-representative sample.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:19 pm

toofunky2000 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:23 am
MuhammadM86 wrote:
toofunky2000 wrote:
Nothing yet from Jul-23, many applicants from July are still waiting for a decision. Don't understand why only July but have to wait as they are not responding on the emails.
Not yet, waiting some more time and then go through proper channel i.e., involve MP first and then complaint if problem persists.
You have been over 6 months now. When are you planning to take it to the next level?

Odd-Ordinary8417
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Odd-Ordinary8417 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:28 pm

MuhammadM86 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:19 pm
toofunky2000 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:23 am
MuhammadM86 wrote:
toofunky2000 wrote:
You have been over 6 months now. When are you planning to take it to the next level?
i would like to know this too as want to see my option as its been 6 months now. And just saw another post in timeline where a june applicant got the same "IT issue" response and like others HO cant seem to locate their Biometrics. This is another issue that worries me, as after waiting months if that is what HO going to claim then there is a indication of some data loss or mismanagement on their part for some applicants. No one seem to have addressed this issue as of yet

justanothername
Newly Registered

Post by justanothername » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:58 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:35 pm
Odd-Ordinary8417 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:19 am
justanothername wrote:
I applied in May with settled status, a bit earlier than July, but didn't encounter any issue. I wonder what is causing these problems and if it is more specific to people on the EUSS or if we are just observing more of those cases because of a non-representative sample.
I am not under EUSS. So not sure. It’s just random t much.

Odd-Ordinary8417
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Odd-Ordinary8417 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:40 pm

just wanted to update that finally after 6 and half months got my approval email yesterday. i decided not to chase HO after receiving that (it will take longer than 6 months...) email. It was a stressful period but thank you all for sharing your stories. Goodluck and hope everyone waiting will get their approval email soon.

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:28 pm

Can you please share your submission and biometric day ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:00 pm

Bibivaly wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:28 pm
Can you please share your submission and biometric day ?
Literally the first post on page 1 of this topic has the details!!! Useful to read a thread rather than ask for information to be repeated.

Also in the timeline thread

british-citizenship/naturalisation-appl ... l#p2149755
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:20 pm

Odd-Ordinary8417 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:40 pm
just wanted to update that finally after 6 and half months got my approval email yesterday. i decided not to chase HO after receiving that (it will take longer than 6 months...) email. It was a stressful period but thank you all for sharing your stories. Goodluck and hope everyone waiting will get their approval email soon.
Congratulations. Hopefully more July approvals come through soon (and in general for all applicants)
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.