ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mn1 application section 3.2

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Mn1 application section 3.2

Post by contorted_svy » Fri May 10, 2024 7:53 am

You can follow instructions in this thread to chase your application viewtopic.php?f=42&t=343483
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

MysonsMn1application
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MysonsMn1application » Thu May 16, 2024 9:23 am

Do you think my application timeline is normal for someone that has applied from abroad?

I'm getting more anxious as the days go by without a decision from HO.
I'm worried of getting rejected even though i know that my son is eligible for british citizenship and sent all the necessary documents due to the long waiting time compared to other applicants.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu May 16, 2024 12:29 pm

You've been told repeatedly that applications from abroad take longer than average to be processed. I linked above steps you can take to follow up on your application. I would suggest putting in a complaint and contacting your MP at this stage. I appreciate it is a stressful wait but it is best to focus on what we can control. You submitted all relevant evidence so you have done everything you can from the paperwork perspective.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

MysonsMn1application
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MysonsMn1application » Tue May 21, 2024 6:28 am

Recived letter today from Home office addressing Mp stating that they haven't received the additional information.
I emailed Mp today and told them to forward the additional information to Home Office.
Also emailed further nationality with mp's letter and additional information as requested from home office.

MysonsMn1application
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MysonsMn1application » Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:56 pm

Today June 12th still no reply from ukvi after reciving additional information on 24th may 2024.
Date of application: july 16 2023
Date of biometrics:july 30 2023
Ukvi requested additional information: march 2024
Send additional information: march 2024
Ukvi requested same additional information: may 2024
Sent same additional information to ukvi: may 20th 2024
Still waiting today for a decision: june 12 2024

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:54 pm

Did you raise a complaint?

MysonsMn1application
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MysonsMn1application » Wed Jun 12, 2024 4:14 pm

Raised a complaint on 6th june 2024 still no reply from the complaint.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:30 pm

Once you receive a response request a formal review and update your MP as well.

MysonsMn1application
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MysonsMn1application » Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:27 pm

Emailed the complaints review team. Requested a formal complaint. Sent them the time line of my sons application. Also complaining about the 2 months delay due to the HO not reciving additional information even though i sent it.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:46 pm

You can't request a complaint review before receiving a response, so this won't lead to anything.

MysonsMn1application
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MysonsMn1application » Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:41 pm

I sent a complaints review of the previous complaint.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:26 pm

You can't ask for a review until you receive a response to your initial complaint. Without a response the review won't be triggered, that's not how their process works.

MysonsMn1application
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MysonsMn1application » Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:50 pm

Received letter from the home office asking for evidence of 3 years of residence before my baby was born.
Can i send the home office my secondary school certificates if i don't have my secondary school report?
Will this be sufficient?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:41 am

Can you contact the school and ask a letter that confirms you attended and the timeframe? Usually that is accepted. If your passport gets stamped, do you still have your passport at the time? Other possibility is to try a SAR but that depends on how long ago you lived in the UK.

MysonsMn1application
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MysonsMn1application » Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:03 pm

I sent the ukvi my secondary school certificates. also i sent my old passport as evidence that i was in the uk at that time as evidence of the 3 years residence.

my secondary school said that they wasn't able to find any record of me on their system.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:24 pm

That should be OK. Hopefully UKVI will review your case soon now.

MysonsMn1application
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MysonsMn1application » Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:03 am

Good morning
I managed to find my old bank statements which i have sent as a part of evidence of 3 years residence in the uk.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:30 am

Bank statements aren't normally accepted as evidence of residence.

MysonsMn1application
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MysonsMn1application » Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:12 am

Do i need to show 3 years of continuous residency or can my 3 years residency in the uk be split ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:56 am

I think a three year period needs to be continuous, subject to limited absences.

• (2) A person born outside the United Kingdom [F1and the qualifying territories] shall be entitled, on an application for his registration as a British citizen made [F2while he is a minor], to be registered as such a citizen if the requirements specified in subsection (3) or, in the case of a person born stateless, the requirements specified in paragraphs (a) and (b) of that subsection, are fulfilled in the case of either that person’s father or his mother (“the parent in question”).
  • (3)The requirements referred to in subsection (2) are—
    • (a)that the parent in question was a British citizen by descent at the time of the birth; and
    • (b)that the father or mother of the parent in question—
      • (i)was a British citizen otherwise than by descent at the time of the birth of the parent in question; or
      • (ii)became a British citizen otherwise than by descent at commencement, or would have become such a citizen otherwise than by descent at commencement but for his or her death; and
    • (c)that, as regards some period of three years ending with a date not later than the date of the birth—
      • (i)the parent in question was in the United Kingdom [F3or a qualifying territory] at the beginning of that period; and
      • (ii)the number of days on which the parent in question was absent from the United Kingdom [F4and the qualifying territories] in that period does not exceed 270.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.